main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Primeval (ITV series 2007-2009)

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Films and Television' started by ZEM, Sep 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ZEM

ZEM Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 3, 2009
    Does anyone else watch Primeval? :)
    It was a pretty cool show, but it has been axed and the last two episodes weren't that good in my opinion. :(

Now a feature film and spin-off are in the works, but I'm not sure I'll like them... :_|

If this is the first you have heard of the show, the link below is a great site to visit and read up!

Primeval Wiki - a Wikia wiki

I actually adopted this Wiki a few months ago and have done some work on it, it still needs some more though.

2. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I watched it but I thought the last few episodes were't great. I liked the show until they killed off the main character. I'm not surprised it was cancelled.

3. ZEM

ZEM Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 3, 2009
    I know - the first two seasons (episodes 1 - 13) were so much better than the last 10 episodes. :)

I heard that they got a writer from Dr. Who and that had an impact (negative, that is) on the episodes. :_|

4. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Part of this episode (the theme park) was actually filmed at Thorpe Park, which is close to where I live/work.

5. Koohii

Koohii Jedi Master star 5

May 30, 2003
    I've seen the ads and put it in my netflix queue, but that's about it. Looks like it has the potential to be really good or really, really awful.

6. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    First two seasons weren't bad. Third was so-so.

7. Jedi_Matt

Jedi_Matt Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 11, 2002
    It just got stupid, it seemed that for the sake of the plot they made the characters stupid in some situations. I always had loads of "Why don't they just do that?" moments while watching it.

Though the saying goes "Why let the truth get in the way of a good story?" There was just one vital thing missing: a good story.

8. Koohii

May 30, 2003
    Oh, so kinda like the MI-5 series: Season 1 was reasonablly good, but the series 2 resolution of the cliff-hanger was a total cop-out and began a rapid down-hill spiral into stupidity?

9. ZEM

ZEM Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 3, 2009
    So with Primeval, they have two great seasons. At the end of the second season they kill off ONE main character, but the third season starts off OK without him, except for the fact that the story was written lousy... :p Then 3 episodes later, they kill THE MAIN CHARACTER!!! :eek:

Now, they spiral downward - ending with the biggest cliffhanger of all, and cancelling the show. And now, they reveal that they are planning on a new American-made feature film and spin-off TV show. This does not look good. [face_worried]

10. Panther50

Panther50 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 7, 2004
    I liked the show, though I did wonder where it was going when they killed off the main character.

11. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Looks like we buried this show too early. BBC News.

Sci-fi drama series Primeval has been resurrected for two new series by ITV just three months after it was announced it had been axed.

Original stars including Andrew Lee Potts, Jason Fleming and Hannah Spearritt will return to the show.

The article says the first shows should air in 2011. Let's hope they make it better!

12. Jairen

Jairen Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 1, 2000
    They're gonna be reduced series from what I head, seven episodes in one and six in the other, so a standard 13 episodes out of both.

They're also switching filming location to Dublin instead of London.

13. ZEM

ZEM Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 3, 2009
    I was just about to come over here and tell you all the good news... But it appears that it preceeds me! :D

It isn't really exceptional about the length of seasons four and five - season one was 6 episodes and season 2 was 7.

14. Koohii

May 30, 2003
    I tried watching the show. It was bad. Just awful. and that was the first 4 episodes. The FX were ok, but the writing was weak, the acting was weak, the directing was weak... Sorry, but the show was obviously intended strictly as a showcase for the FX, which were OK, but not great. It's like comparing Cosgrove Studios to anime.

15. Mastadge

Mastadge Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 4, 1999
    I agree. Several friends love the show, so I checked it out. Each episode feels about six hours long, full of weak acting, poor dialogue, and lousy plotting. Boring and nonsensical and childish. I'm trying to force myself to finish out the first season, which, with only two episodes left, wouldn't seem too difficult, but . . . it's just not happening.

16. ZEM

ZEM Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 3, 2009
    I kinda forgot about this thread for awhile, just wanted to say that info has been released on Series 4 & 5, prompting me to create a forum for the show, which can be found at this link: The Anomaly: A Primeval Forum.

It sounds like Danny Quinn will only be in three episodes...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.