main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Prince William will become the first King of North West Pakistan

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by Kol_Skywalker, Jan 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kol_Skywalker

Kol_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 9, 2006
    Interesting demographic shift occuring in the UK, and the likely result will be the thread title in 40 or so years time.

Discuss.

2. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 27, 2000
  3. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    I agree.......huh?

4. DarthArsenal6

DarthArsenal6 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 16, 2001
    why Pakistan ?

5. Darth_Asabrush

Darth_Asabrush Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 21, 2000
    I'm not so sure the opening statement is true. The Office for National Statistics (from the 2001 census) states

"Eighty-seven per cent of the population of England and 96 per cent of the population of Wales gave their ethnic origin as White British.

White Irish people make up 1.2 per cent of the population of England and Wales as a whole, with the highest proportion in the London borough of Brent (6.9 per cent of the population). The largest proportions of White Other (that is, not White British or White Irish) people are in central London, particularly the borough of Kensington and Chelsea (25.3 per cent).

London has the highest proportion of people from minority ethnic groups apart from more who identified themselves as of Pakistani origin, of whom there is a higher proportion in Yorkshire and the Humber (2.9 per cent) and the West Midlands (2.9 per cent).

Two per cent of the population of England and Wales are Indian, with Leicester having the highest proportion (25.7 per cent).

Bangladeshis formed 0.5 per cent of the population of England and Wales, with the highest proportion in the London borough of Tower Hamlets (33.4 per cent).

In England and Wales, 1.1 per cent of people are Black Caribbean, 0.9 per cent are Black African and a further 0.2 per cent are from Other Black groups.

Black Caribbeans form more than ten per cent of the population of the London boroughs of Lewisham, Lambeth, Brent and Hackney. Over ten per cent of Southwark, Newham, Lambeth and Hackney are Black African. More than two per cent of people describe themselves as Other Black in Hackney, Lambeth and Lewisham.

Chinese people form more than two per cent of the population in Westminster, Cambridge, City of London and Barnet.

The largest proportions of people of Mixed origin are in London, with the exception of Nottingham, where two per cent of people are Mixed White and Black Caribbean."

I can't see that changing too drastically by the time William becomes king. The ethnicity of the UK is still overwhelmingly White British and will remain so for a long time.

6. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    Oh I see.
    So basically the thread creator has been listening to the BNP and reading the Daily Mail too much.

7. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 27, 2000
    Oh I see, he's being racist. How pleasant.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.