main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Princess/General Leia Organa/Carrie Fisher Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Pro Scoundrel , Jan 3, 2020.

1. antitoxicgamer

antitoxicgamer Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 9, 2020
    Jedis having kids doesn't work at all.

Because Jedis can't be good parents for their children due to this that they spend most of their lives travelling around the galaxy and doing missions. Also, Jedis having kids will just allow their enemies to target their families.

Jedis saved the republic for thousands of years with that ideology and you think that it was wrong ? I really don't get how people call them failures and misguided based on their final years.(And in the end the man that married was the one that resulted in the Jedis getting purged.)

Those EU stories where Luke is married with Mara Jade and has a perfect Son are just fan fictions made by writers whom didn't fully understand Star Wars.

2. Scruffy nerf

Scruffy nerf Jedi Master star 3

Jul 11, 2015
    Carrie Fisher Appreciation Day!!! Never forgotten, always a treasure. Exercise your inner caustic wit, let it flow!!!

still my hero.

3. Trev Elyt

Trev Elyt Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 22, 2019
    I’m a bit late to the party, but I just wanted to say real quickly how much I adored Carrie and miss her every single day. As a writer myself, I’m so grateful to have grown up knowing her as Princess Leia, one of my childhood heroes, and being exposed to her work. She brought an incomparable authenticity to her work that really influenced me as a writer, and seeing her utilize her platform as one of the stars of the biggest film franchise of all-time to advocate for those struggling with mental illness was so inspiring. She was such a beautiful soul and it makes me so sad and angry to know that she’s not here anymore. Like so many others, I will love her forever for giving us so much of herself while she was here, and I feel proud to be part of a fandom where so many people have worked to keep Carrie’s messages of self-acceptance and destigmatizing mental health alive.

Rest in peace, Princess.

[​IMG]

4. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    To celebrate International Women's Day, the original strong heroic leading female character. Before Ellen Ripley, before Sarah Conner...
    [​IMG]

5. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Her having a purple lightsaber just looks right

6. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018

Carrie Fisher finally gets her Hollywood walk of fame.

7. sian1965

sian1965 Jedi Knight star 4

Apr 26, 2020
    You know what my favourite ever Leia scene was - when she strangled Jabba the Hutt with her chain. Sat there in the cinema with my mouth open!

Darth PJ likes this.
  8. Darth PJ

Darth PJ Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2013
    So did Jabba... :D

9. sian1965

sian1965 Jedi Knight star 4

Apr 26, 2020
    Yes, well his (very long) tongue was certainly sticking out!

10. devilinthedetails

devilinthedetails Fiendish Fanfic & SWTV Manager, Interim Tech Admin star 6 Staff Member Administrator

Jun 19, 2019
    Nice. All three deserve it:)

11. 2Cleva

2Cleva Chosen One star 5

Apr 28, 2002
  12. Skywalker Family

Skywalker Family Jedi Master star 3

Mar 15, 2017
    Carrie Fisher would have made one hell of a speech. I'm sure her Family will know what to say.

13. MagnarTheGreat

MagnarTheGreat Force Ghost star 5

Jul 21, 2016
  14. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    I watch Carrie and Gary’s famous Access Hollywood interview once a month. It’s the most delightful thing ever.

15. ScorpioGirl

ScorpioGirl Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 2, 2019
    Hey, I have a question, so I know why Leia slapped Poe and stunned him towards the end of TLJ (He was insubordinate and he lead a mutiny). What I'm wondering is why she chose to react that way. She could have just demoted and lectured him. Was the slap really necessary?

16. dagenspear

dagenspear Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 9, 2015
    Probably not. I don't take it too seriously myself, but I can see it as inappropriate behavior for a leader and subordinate relationship.

17. Artorian_Stormtrooper

Artorian_Stormtrooper Jedi Knight star 2

May 1, 2019
    No, but RJ sure seems to love his themes of abuse in TLJ.

18. IG_2000

IG_2000 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 5, 2008
    I’m watching through the Sopranos right now. (Yes, this relates to Rise of Skywalker):

Season 3, episode 2 gives me massive Rise of Skywalker vibes. Liv Soprano’s actress died and they ended up writing her out of the show by having James Gandolfini act against outtakes from earlier seasons, and it’s obvious they wrote his dialogue around her material that was originally written in a different context. Then she dies shortly afterwards.

19. DarthHass

DarthHass Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 20, 2004
    Leia has been and always will be my favorite character. I know they pieced her lines together for TROS, but these two always stick with me.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    That just reminds me of how many boilerplate, pablum lines JJ gave to to Carrie. You have an actress with a famously wonderful and hilarious personality, and you ask her to deliver banal NPC dialogue most of the time? Such wasted potential. And to me, an indication that JJ doesn’t have a modicum of vision. You’re directing Carrie f’ing Fisher. Let her rip! Don’t force her to stay within the lines of your bland script. This still pains me. All men (JJ, Kasdan and then Terrio) second-guessing Carrie’s talents and not trusting her ability to add a lot of character to a script.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2023
  21. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Before anyone says it, I’m aware that Carrie was no longer with us when Terrio was writing the TROS script, and that he should take very little, if any, of the blame. I put it mostly on JJ’s shoulders. And then, of course, RJ put her in a coma for half of TLJ, so…Yeah. You have the fiery and wonderful Carrie Fisher in your movie, playing Leia no less, and your script puts her in a coma. Nice.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2023
  22. Django211

Django211 Force Ghost star 4

Mar 6, 1999
    I think everyone wishes there were more of Carrie but I do wonder just how available was she. I remember hearing that each film was supposed to showcase one of the OT main characters: Ford for TFA, Hamill for TLJ & Fisher for ROTS. By all indications she was willing, but was she actually physically able? She had a lot of problems and I wonder if she was sidelined on purpose and not just character neglect. I don't think we'll ever find the true answer.

She was so sharp and brutally honest. I highly recommend her books and one woman show. Her voice is sadly missed not just in Star Wars but Hollywood as well.

DarthHass likes this.
  23. DarthHass

DarthHass Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 20, 2004
    I see TROS script less written for Carrie and more older dialogue repurposed. I don’t think Trevorrow had anything great for Carrie/Leia.

24. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    She was absolutely hilarious in her late interviews. That tells me she was perfectly capable of handling better material than “nothing is impossible.” I mean, come on.

25. PendragonM

PendragonM Force Ghost star 4

Mar 7, 2018
    That splitting up of the OT characters was the thing that derailed the whole ST. I agree we won’t have the full answer - I think she wasn’t in good shape but also, none of these writers had any idea who those characters were and Leia suffered the worst from that.