main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena Pro Wrestling Discussion, part deux - Only $9.99/month!

Discussion in 'Community' started by heels1785 , Nov 6, 2017.

1. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
    Looks like WWE is going to actually listen to the fan reaction for once and have Kofi vs Bryan at Fastlane.

s_heffley and LloydChristmas like this.
  2. LloydChristmas

LloydChristmas Baseball and Three-Time Jedi Draft Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 3, 2012
    The fan reaction is to have him win the title thooooo

J-Rod, s_heffley and Juliet316 like this.
  3. Mustafar_66

Mustafar_66 Force Ghost star 6

May 20, 2005
    I'd be more than fine for Xavier Woods and Big E to win the tag titles and Kofi to win the WWE Championship at WM.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

4. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Boy that crowd was dead last night. I'm not even sure Becky could have awakened that crowd.

s_heffley likes this.
  5. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
  6. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    WWE sent a video message to the Giant Babba anniversary show yesterday

[​IMG]

Juliet316 likes this.
  7. J-Rod

J-Rod Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 28, 2004
    A much younger me hanging with Chyna! I'm so glad she will be part of the HOF! (I'm the second picture. LOL!)

8. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Tye Dillienger has requested his release from WWE (and confirmed it on social media)

9. J-Rod

Jul 28, 2004
    Underused. AEW is going to make room for some of the guys to shine both in and out of the WWE.

Juliet316 likes this.
  10. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    So Netflix is apparently optioning a Hogan biopic with Chris Hemsworth playing Hogan.

J-Rod likes this.
  11. Mustafar_66

May 20, 2005
    I think the casting of Hemsworth is actually genius. How the hell you cast the likes of Andre and Savage though I have no idea. I think the only way it can work is showing just how ridiculous Hogan is. Considering he's an executive producer though I doubt that'll be the case.

12. V-2

V-2 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 10, 2012
    Have we all forgotten that he's a vile racist ****?

13. J-Rod

Jul 28, 2004
    This again?

No, he isn't.

14. V-2

Dec 10, 2012
    You're going to have to explain how Hogan isn't a racist, J-Rod. Bear in mind that I already think you are a racist, J-Rod, so you're going to have to work pretty hard on your answer.

15. J-Rod

Jul 28, 2004
    That's your answer.

Right there.

If you think I am a racist then you can't properly identify one.

See, the problem starts when people use name calling to try to silence an opposing view.

I know what's in my heart and my head. I know my motivations and my soul. You've lost the minute you claim that I'm a racist. Because, simply, I am not. There's no hate in my heart. No deceit in my words. You don't have to believe it. I know it.

So when you can't recognize it, I can see that your needle is a bit bent. You claim that people are something they are not and and I have at least one immediately verified example of it.

Two, if you count The Hulkster.

16. Mustafar_66

May 20, 2005
    Yeah but Hogan was racist though. Like, that's not really up for debate.

V-2 likes this.
  17. J-Rod

Jul 28, 2004
    He said something racist. That's true. Now, is it possible to say something racist once but not actually be racist?

I think people say and do things out of anger that they don't mean. I know that once I was talking to a friend about marriage difficulties and anger got the better of me and I said things about her (my wife) that don't actually reflect my feelings. They just reflected my anger.

And I bet that's a pretty common scenario.

People get mad and say things they don't mean. Not everyone, everyday. But everyone every once in a while.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2019
  18. Mustafar_66

May 20, 2005
    Well, no, not really. It means that somewhere in you are racist thoughts and attitudes. Saying and doing racist things is pretty much the dictionary definition of being racist.

V-2 likes this.
  19. J-Rod

Jul 28, 2004
    Or?

You are simply aware of the most hurtful thing you can say and are angry enough to say it. I mean, you don't have to have racism in your heart to understand the N word is a nuclear bomb. I mean knowledge of that word and it's power exists outside of racist thoughts and attitudes. It's common knowledge.

You don't have to be hateful to know about it. And you don't have to be racist to use it. You only have to be angry enough to want to hurt someone that badly.

20. Mustafar_66

May 20, 2005
    “I mean, I don’t have double standards. I mean, I am a racist, to a point, ******* *******. But then when it comes to nice people and ****, and whatever.”

“I mean, I’d rather if she was going to **** some ******, I’d rather have her marry an 8-foot-tall ****** worth a hundred million dollars! Like a basketball player!”

“I guess we’re all a little racist. ****ing ******.”

More stars than the damn Walk of Fame, but still. Bearing in mind this was said in a conversation with a friend, not during a heated argument with someone.

V-2 likes this.
  21. J-Rod

Jul 28, 2004
    I get it. And you can hear his own disappointment in himself for saying it. His whole life was in shambles at that point. To say he wasn't under duress isn't realistic.

I did some things I regret after being widowed. My life was in shambles as well. And I did things that were very out of character for me. I was self-destructive and suicidal. If there was a camera on me at that period in my life I'd never live it down.

Everyone...everyone...has times of weakness and self loathing and we do and say things that aren't representative of who we are.

I'm sorry that I can't make you see it from my perspective. I just hope when and if your day comes that there are no cameras or mics. If there are, I'll understand, at least.

22. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
  23. J-Rod

Jul 28, 2004
    I hope I didn't piss anyone off. That's not my goal. [face_coffee]

24. V-2

Dec 10, 2012
    This is the thing, J-Rod. Racist is as racist does.

Very few people like to think of themselves as racists, but when they support racists who do racist things because of their racism, you have to conclude that racism appeals to them.

You defend Trump, a racist, and you defend Hogan, a racist, and you admit that sometimes you act as a racist.

I'm not shutting you down or demeaning your racist arguments by accurately describing them as racist. That's just your right wing victim snowflakeyness exposing itself. Lacking a valid argument yourself does not mean that your opponent has shut you down.
    Only out of ignorance, maybe. A 5-year old might hear a word and repeat it, or improperly use terminology that they don't understand. You, Hogan and Trump don't get to use that excuse though, in your cases it would have to be wilful ignorance.

But maybe I have that wrong, maybe people like you are just put together differently. Certainly Trump has obvious difficulties with reality, choosing to live in a Fox & Friends/Infowars fantasy land instead. Hogan lived a life of kayfabe (certainly much of what he says about his life story is fabricated nonsense). Maybe you've been huffing jet fuel too long..?

25. LloydChristmas

LloydChristmas Baseball and Three-Time Jedi Draft Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 3, 2012
    From a wrestling perspective, it's probably worse how he ratted out the guys trying to unionize

If he's got creative input that's not gonna be shown, it'll all be "I changed the industry with vitamins brother! I had a friendship with Andre brother!" which...no thanks.

Big Show would seem to be a natural pick to play Andre though @Mustafar_66

Juliet316 likes this.