main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena Pro Wrestling Discussion, part deux - Only $9.99/month!

Discussion in 'Community' started by heels1785 , Nov 6, 2017.

1. V-2

V-2 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 10, 2012
    Anyone else got the feeling this case is just the tip of the iceberg?

This, the 'rats' culture, Moohlah's human trafficking, Snuka's cover up, just how much blood is on VKM's hands? And how many of the people we've looked up to for decades are involved in facilitating stuff like this?

2. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    Moolah was well before Vince Jr. got involved in the business.

3. s_heffley

s_heffley Chosen One star 7

Jun 7, 2015
    I just meant that they’ve actually started to care about their wrestlers. Maybe not Vince but what Juliet said.

It sucks being a fan of WWE means you have to support Vince.

Last edited: May 20, 2019
    heels1785 and Juliet316 like this.
  4. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    I hope that's the case, heff, for the sake of their employees.

I just don't think that time should excuse things like this, as it did not for the enablers of Sandusky, Nassar, and countless others. McMahon and anyone involved should be prosecuted and imprisoned, and then sued to hell by her family.

V-2 and s_heffley like this.
  5. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    s_heffley likes this.
  6. s_heffley

Jun 7, 2015
    Gosh, let’s hope so. We could finally get Vince out.

7. V-2

Dec 10, 2012
    Well we know that pro wrestling used to be a crime syndicate and that element hasn't exactly gone away. Did any of you watch that Jerry Jarrett Hannibal interview? He talks openly about NWA meetings sweeping for FBI bugs back in the day, and about being in with Russian mobsters during the TNA era. This was the guy VKM chose to run WWE/F when he was looking at jail time. VKM's a legit crook and a legit psychopath, imho.

8. s_heffley

Jun 7, 2015
    The part that confuses me is why did he feel the need to cover this up at all? All it does is make him look worse for not reporting literal rapists. It’s not like the Military supports rape.

V-2 and heels1785 like this.
  9. LloydChristmas

LloydChristmas Baseball and Three-Time Jedi Draft Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 3, 2012
    I at least like that, in WWE, I can focus on supporting individual wrestlers vs. the company as a whole. It's a version of the "don't blame the (non-culpable) players" take in those other sport scandals, except in WWE there's also a tangible benefit to supporting individuals as it can directly result in them getting a push/money from merch sales/popularity they can keep even moving promotions.

Juliet316 and s_heffley like this.
  10. JEDI-RISING

JEDI-RISING Chosen One star 6

Apr 15, 2005
    they've had a funny way of showing that

V-2 likes this.
  11. s_heffley

Jun 7, 2015
    Oh, I'm sure it's gone ignored many times, and they don't do enough to keep up with all the problems arising from it. But officially support it? Of course not. If it can be reported, and isn't, that just makes you look bad. It doesn't do anything to keep relations.

V-2 likes this.
  12. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Er, the military's history with rape and reporting it... isn't all that great.

V-2 likes this.
  13. s_heffley

Jun 7, 2015
    I'll just repeat what I said. Just cause they don't keep up with it as much as they should doesn't mean they officially support it.

The information gets to public light and they're done for. I don't get why they try to hide it.

Anyway, we can all agree that this thing is awful, I just don't understand why it had to be a thing in the first place.

V-2 likes this.
  14. s_heffley

Jun 7, 2015
    24/7 title could be fun. The crowd seemed kinda disappointed it wasn’t a literal hardcore title, and I’m not sure I like the name either, but it has the same complete insanity it can’t be too bad :p And even if it is bad that just adds to the fun ;)

LloydChristmas likes this.
  15. LloydChristmas

LloydChristmas Baseball and Three-Time Jedi Draft Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 3, 2012
    Hate the look of it too but it's already fun, hope R-Truth runs with it a bit lmao

Bex going strong as King of the Clapback...

Last edited: May 21, 2019
    s_heffley and Juliet316 like this.
  16. V-2

Dec 10, 2012
    The man The Man works for covered up the rape of one of his employees and also covered up a murder committed by another of his employees, and employed a person he knew to be a human trafficker, and that's just the stuff we know about. I don't understand how fans can so easily compartmentalise this and not just flip to a different promotion.

17. LloydChristmas

Sep 3, 2012
    I'm acutely aware supporting Becky ultimately ladders up to benefit Vince.

I'm also aware spending money to see LeBron James in the NBA Finals could be seen as putting money directly into the pockets of that loan shark douche Dan Gilbert.

I'm also aware when I sing along at a Paul McCartney concert that many of the songs were written by a known woman beater in John Lennon.

I'm capable of consuming entertainment understanding the complexity behind what brings it to life, and can enjoy the good parts (Becky is an incredible figure for women) while being critical of the things that need called out and remedied (in this case, Vince's role in the company).

In fact, hopefully Bex's attitude inspires those who might be pressured like Ashley to clap the **** back instead.

s_heffley and Juliet316 like this.
  18. V-2

Dec 10, 2012
    Sleep well.

19. LloydChristmas

Sep 3, 2012
    You too.

s_heffley likes this.
  20. V-2

Dec 10, 2012
    ?

Sorry, but what faux pas of mine are you equating to supporting the rape and murder and slavery cover-upping scumbag VKM?

21. LloydChristmas

Sep 3, 2012
    Nothing of the sort. You just admittedly catch WWE events too, so sleep well.

s_heffley likes this.
  22. s_heffley

Jun 7, 2015
    Anyway, I think the 24/7 rule is gonna be even more fun now that we have the internet and all. You could have a random twitter video and someone runs in and wins the title :p

Last edited: May 21, 2019
  23. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    I think it's a good idea they brought such a title back.
    Though how long it is before the novelty wears off is anyone's guess.

The belt also looks terrible IMO

24. s_heffley

Jun 7, 2015
    The belt looked kinda cool when Foley hadn't taken it out yet and you could only see the corner of it :p

We'll get used to it [face_laugh]

25. Frank T.

Frank T. Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012
    I don't disagree with what you're saying. But at the same time...

Why are you making your stand here instead of at the doors of a gov't that sells weapons all over or the weapons manufacturers? Are you a tax-paying cit of a first world country?