main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena Pro Wrestling Discussion, part deux - Only $9.99/month!

Discussion in 'Community' started by heels1785 , Nov 6, 2017.

1. s_heffley

s_heffley Chosen One star 7

Jun 7, 2015
    WWE is doing a good job of making me want to watch Super Showdown when I really, really don’t want to watch it. That Dolph promo was amazing.

Of course it had to be ruined by “what” chants :rolleyes:

Last edited: May 21, 2019
    LloydChristmas likes this.
  2. V-2

V-2 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 10, 2012
    LOL okay. Everybody, FYI: stealing WWE PPVs is supporting WWE now.

For what your point is worth, which is almost nothing, I'll make it official right now: I vow never to watch WWE content ever again.

Are you serious?

Why are you whatabouting attention away from the fact that WWE persuaded one of their female employees not to raise charges against the US military for drugging and raping them? Why are you not angry as ****, and why are you instead rushing to the support of a criminal billionaire?

Are you seriously willing to go down this anti-SJW argument? What for? How are you threatened by someone attacking WWE for their rape culture? What's happened to you in your life to make you fear justice for rapists? What's wrong with your brain and personality that you attack someone for calling out rape enabling criminals? You should do some self reflection, and nothankyou while you're at it.

Last edited by a moderator: May 22, 2019
  3. LloydChristmas

LloydChristmas Baseball and Three-Time Jedi Draft Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 3, 2012
    I've literally never paid for a WWE PPV either. You don't have to be a supervillain to rig up Network trials or google "WWE stream."

So let's follow that to it's logical conclusion. Everybody, FYI: posting about Becky's tweets in a wrestling thread is supporting WWE's cover-up of rape now!

For the record, you know nothing about me or cause work I've done in the space of sexual assault (or @Frank T., or anyone else for that matter). Worse, you show no interest in finding out to make it an honest discussion, instead wielding the issue-- like you do most things in here-- to just piss on people for watching a show (which, until just now...you also watched). Your contribution to this thread, like the genuine concern you seem to have about women's issues beyond "I can attack WWE with this," is...almost nothing.

I mean take a look around, is anyone in here excited to get a "V-2 quoted your post" notification? It's like hearing Baron Corbin's music.

Have a good one, and @heels1785 you should probably ban me for that Corbin flame

4. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    no, i need you to make sure dp doesnt win the baseball draft

also, this is solid entertainment, unlike..

Juliet316, V-2 and LloydChristmas like this.
  5. V-2

Dec 10, 2012
    I was less concerned with you posting about a wrestler's tweets than your overall response to the situation. Firstly you said:
    Then you moved on and just reverted to posting wrester tweets as if this rape business is just some other WWE storyline. Your response seemed seriously flippant, cold and uncaring.

Then you went for the old Wagner argument. Seems a bit too soon for me personally, but then I am prone to virtue signalling, apparently.

It's also apparently my fault for not taking enough of an interest in you. IDK, this argument reeks of narcissism to me, but what would I, a SJW troll, know about that?

You misrepresented my position on a bunch of other stuff, but this is all just an ugly distraction from the issue of a sex crime covered up by WWE.

6. LloydChristmas

LloydChristmas Baseball and Three-Time Jedi Draft Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 3, 2012
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Crazy I could find an image that also includes all the fans you have in this thread

s_heffley likes this.
  7. V-2

Dec 10, 2012
    You just went full Shapiro with that one.

You've still said remarkably little about WWE covering up the rape of one of their employees.

8. s_heffley

Jun 7, 2015
    Do I dare click it

[​IMG]

9. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    So about that return on Smackdown last night...

LloydChristmas and s_heffley like this.
  10. LloydChristmas

Sep 3, 2012
    Big E or Dolph?!

I wish I could individually Like every one of those sentences. The Dolph-Kofi match is gonna kill me not to watch, especially after that promo. And **** the "what" chants to hell. I wish WWE would install high-powered hoses to spray the crowd in the face when they do that.

It'd probably make them do it more who am I kidding lol

Juliet316 and s_heffley like this.
  11. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Both?

12. s_heffley

Jun 7, 2015
    The thing is, Corbin’s theme is actually really good. It’s just Corbin himself that we don’t like :p

Last edited: May 22, 2019
    Juliet316 likes this.
  13. LloydChristmas

Sep 3, 2012
    And the V-2 shirt is great lol

Yo take a peek at Cathy Kelley buttering up the refs...Truth better watch out for her...

s_heffley and Juliet316 like this.
  14. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
  15. V-2

Dec 10, 2012
    Terrible quality of bullying in this thread.

16. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
  17. s_heffley

Jun 7, 2015
    Hey, man, sorry for offending you :)

Last edited: May 22, 2019
  18. LloydChristmas

Sep 3, 2012
    So that makes ~33 total with none of the women going.:mad:

"As great or greater than Wrestlemania" when WM had women main-eventing. Real cool message there. Wish we could get Evolution 2 in response.

s_heffley and Juliet316 like this.
  19. Frank T.

Frank T. Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012
    Yes

I'm not. You seem to have said what you have to say already and I'm sure these topics have been and will be discussed here on a somewhat regular basis. I'm just curious why you think you should control the topics here. I read what you had to say and denied or contradicted none of it. I'm trying to move the conversation forward to what do we do about it. Cuz, you know, rape culture, violence and cover-ups didn't emanate from McMahon and WWE fans. Vince is following a path laid out by many before him and much larger entities than WWE.

If this is your fight I don't see how you have the time to rage about it here.

I am. Quite often. About a great many things. I just can't be mad as hell all day every day about every single thing that happens all the time. I'd be long dead by now. I'm not saying you or anyone else shouldn't be. Everyone needs someone to fight for them.

Look, I believe every billionaire and even any person with a tenth of that kinda money is way worse than criminal. So I sure as **** ain't attacking from the right.

How are you making so many assumptions about me?

In your self reflection have you ever thought maybe if you really care about this stuff you should get your head out of your ass, put down the computer and go help somebody. Maybe It'll make you feel better than trying to beat down 10 people in a thread just trying to forget about all the **** for 10 minutes of their day.

Is that your answer to my original question? You don't wanna stand up to the real perpetrators of these terrible crimes and cover-ups? Are you just pretending to give any **** at all? Trying to impress someone without putting in the real work?

20. V-2

Dec 10, 2012
    So are you a child? I don't want to spend time arguing with children.
    I've read the letter they cite, it does not mention the rape allegation at all, it just covers the concussion class action lawsuit. It's also pretty damn obvious that people, especially the women, would want to stay 'in' with WWE, as they are the only game in town for a lot of people.

The denial of officials hearing about it... The list doesn't include the agents she cites as witnesses in her affidavit. There's also the problem of the 'improper pelvic examination' angle, how could they think that happened if nobody had been told anything?

21. s_heffley

Jun 7, 2015
  22. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    appleseed and Juliet316 like this.
  23. V-2

Dec 10, 2012
    Brandi keeps improving. I was quite impressed with her stint in Impact (or GFW or whatever it was at the time).

heels1785 likes this.
  24. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    RIP Owen Hart, lost to us 20 years ago today.

JEDI-RISING likes this.
  25. JEDI-RISING

JEDI-RISING Chosen One star 6

Apr 15, 2005
    Last edited: May 23, 2019
    Juliet316 likes this.