main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena Pro Wrestling Discussion, part deux - Only $9.99/month!

Discussion in 'Community' started by heels1785 , Nov 6, 2017.

1. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
    Yeah... Very clickbaity. Especially when you look at their actual tweets from yesterday.

2. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    @heels1785 You might want to just screenshot those tweets rather than giving them any possible traffic by cross-linking because, yeah, definitely some gross manipulation of ambiguous phrases.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2020
  3. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    ^ good call

4. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Riddle's going to be interesting to watch because he was supposed to debut as a permanent part of the blue roster on SMACKDOWN tonight.

5. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    West Yorkshire police are investigating allegations (usually deal with serious sexual related crimes), UK media are now reporting it and EQUITY (acting union covers wrestlers in the UK) is holding emergency meetings.

This is bigger than 2007.

6. Mustafar_66

Mustafar_66 Force Ghost star 6

May 20, 2005
    What happened in 2007?

7. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    Beniot murders.

I don't think people understand there may not be a UK wrestling scene after this. I suspect WWE will ditch NXT because PROGRESS runs it on their behalf.

AEW are silent in the allegations about Jimmy Havoc and Darby Allen.

8. Mustafar_66

May 20, 2005
    Ah right. I don't know if you can really compare the two. Benoit murders were a much higher profile, brutal and unexpected. Though if you mean in terms of it's long term impact I can see your point.

LloydChristmas and Juliet316 like this.
  9. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
  10. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
  11. Mustafar_66

May 20, 2005
    I hope you're right.

12. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    West Yorkshire Police have asked campaigners to stop tweeting names now as evidence might be effected for potential prosecutions.

They're now handling the cases.

13. JEDI-RISING

JEDI-RISING Chosen One star 6

Apr 15, 2005
    100% what Undertaker just said

Last edited: Jun 19, 2020
  14. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Matt Riddle's been removed from the SMACKDOWN previews for tonight. Make of that what you will.

15. bizzbizz

bizzbizz Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2015
    It’s been funny watching him become a massive afl fan in the last few months

Also not related to this reply
    Riddle and his wife have denied the allegations and have called the woman crazy and a stalker and that riddle has had to change his number 3 times

Wwe released a statement saying they don’t condone any kind of assault and if allegations are proven or taken to court then people will be fired basically

Impact apparently drafting one up as more members of the roster are named

LloydChristmas likes this.
  16. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
  17. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
  18. LloydChristmas

LloydChristmas Baseball and Three-Time Jedi Draft Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 3, 2012
    Absolute turmoil. But a welcome reckoning, b/c this behavior needs to stop.

Dream re-accused, seemingly from someone w/ more credibility but more corroborating "grooming" than crossing the line. I don't know the status of the original accusations (they seemed all over the place), but still it's bad.

Riddle seems like the one who might be innocent, given his wife spoke up about needing a restraining order for the woman and people at WWE apparently were aware of her stalking/harassing behavior prior to this. Needs to be investigated seriously though and glad they seem to be.

Forgotten Sons rumored to be removed from a program with New Day in favor of Cesaro/Nakamura b/c of Ryker's tweets and the gimmick. Good riddance to that too, though bummer for Cutler & Blake who distanced themselves from it-- they should get a chance to reinvent themselves.

Flip side is the women are kicking ass in all this, the bravery of many of them speaking out is awesome to see. Taynara Conti spitting fire:

Dakota Kai raising thousands of dollars on Twitch for RAINN, etc.

Think I'm tuning out of wrestling for awhile with the exception of the women's divisions, which is honestly the best part of the product right now to me anyway.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2020
    Juliet316 and heels1785 like this.
  19. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    West Yorkshire Police have begun collecting evidence from all victims.

Juliet316 likes this.
  20. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    *sighs*

Its too much now. I'll probably take a break from wrestling.

21. JEDI-RISING

JEDI-RISING Chosen One star 6

Apr 15, 2005
    happened to get a recommend on youtube the other day , a little snippet of a Cornette show this week. Somebody wrote in about a contract offer that was made public in a lawsuit between WWF and Ultimate Warrior. On Dec 17, 1997 McMahon sent Warrior an offer of 5 years, $750,000 per year (same contract that Michaels had, and i would guess Undertaker, but not sure) . I've never heard of this before and it ranks as one of the most ill concieved things i've heard. This was the time that D-Generation X and Stone Cold Steve Austin were super hot. Warrior didn't fit in there At All. Cornette said since it was dec 17, Vince probably thought of it on dec 16.

22. Mustafar_66

May 20, 2005
    Not the weirdest contract story involving Jim Cornette this week...

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

23. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Interesting how Riddle's debut still went forward and Jack Gallagher's basically getting the Benoit treatment from the company.

24. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
  25. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Mexican wrestling maybe hit very hard by COVID-19. From WrestlingObserver:

While not all names have come out, the deaths in Mexican wrestling listed in the current Observer may be just the tip of the iceberg. El Fantasma, the head of the Box y Lucha commission and legit father of the NXT star, said that he knows of 30 deaths since the start of May and he believes 90 percent of them are related to COVID-19, although in most cases no causes of death were released to the public