main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena Pro Wrestling Discussion, part deux - Only $9.99/month!

Discussion in 'Community' started by heels1785 , Nov 6, 2017.

1. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    I still watch SMACKDOWN and NXT. RAW is just too much of a mess for me right now to watch more than a few minutes of it and just watch the video highlights as they come up.

2. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    TIL that Victoria's "Lady to Mess With" Song (the theme used after WWE no longer had the rights to use "All the Things She Said), was done by a pre - famous Nicki Minaj

3. LloydChristmas

LloydChristmas Baseball and Three-Time Jedi Draft Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 3, 2012
    --NXT religiously, I think that women's division is the best thing happening right now (see: Rhea vs. Raquel Last Woman Standing)

--PPVs depending on the card-- watched all of RR for example, none of TLC

--Smackdown occasionally just to have something on (Fri nights during winter & COVID), but less and less as of late. They pulled out the random "brand crossover rule" that never makes sense or means anything and I rolled my eyes and turned it off last week.

--RAW never. Catch highlights of Alexa's current character on Instagram though cause it's legitimately creepy.

And been watching old Total Divas seasons on the Network with the gf, it's secretly a gem.

Juliet316 likes this.
  4. JEDI-RISING

JEDI-RISING Chosen One star 6

Apr 15, 2005
    what i watch is mostly youtube clips. last night i watched Bliss vs. Cross.
    good hell. in the middle of the match suddenly Bliss' costume changes. what a bunch of nonsense. when the Undertaker did suprenatural stuff at least it was all live. This editing is getting rediculous.

Juliet316 likes this.
  5. anakincol

anakincol Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2009
    Eh, I don't mind it for now when there is no crowds might as well do it when they can. They used to redo missed spots and stuff and edit it so the fans did watching on tv did not know a botch happened back in the 90's and did all sorts of stuff during the ministry of darkness era with Taker where they edited stuff for tv back when Raw was taped the week prior.

6. anakincol

Jul 28, 2009
    Kenta showed up and attacked Mox after the maim event, and acknowledged Kenny in eing Earlier in the day Dsve Meltzer reports that NJPW has an announcement they will make om 2/4. Seems like NJPW and AEW will be doing business together. This means AEW/Impact/AAA/NJPWand possibly Stardom(owned by the same corporation as NJPW are all basically working in partnership right now. This is really interesting. We could see some very interedting match ups beyond then stufr previous, where Moxley and Jericho had clauses in their contracts allowing them to work NJPW while also working AEW.

Also om Twitter Evil Uno suggested a Dark order vs Los Ingoverables de Japan which would be fun

Juliet316 likes this.
  7. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
  8. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
  9. bizzbizz

bizzbizz Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2015
    Some nutjob is stalking Alexa bliss claiming she’s his wife who has been stolen from him by her bf

Said nutjob also making death threats

10. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003

woah. hasn't been active much recently, but not a name i'd expect to leave the wwe organization.

Juliet316 likes this.
  11. JEDI-RISING

JEDI-RISING Chosen One star 6

Apr 15, 2005
    wow that really surprises me.
    i watched a little of RAW the other night ( come to think of it they should really change the name at this point, this show bears no resemblance to monday night raw)
    up until the point ol' shane-o came out running backwards as he likes to do.
    click.

Juliet316 and Luke02 like this.
  12. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Yeah, I was surprised to see that.

heels1785 likes this.
  13. LloydChristmas

LloydChristmas Baseball and Three-Time Jedi Draft Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 3, 2012
  14. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Did not think they'd necessarily do the title switch to Lashley tonight. Let the rumors of Lashley vs Lesnar for the title at 'Mania begin!

15. anakincol

Jul 28, 2009
    On being the elite they did a bit where matt jackson found out about Big Show being signed and immediately had a flashback to his one of his few WWE appearances as a jobber where Show chokeslammed him throigh a table on smackdown

Jedi Knight Fett and Juliet316 like this.
  16. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    I'm not going to tell off people who think Rock wasn't a legit black WWE champion, I'm not going to tell off people who think Rock wasn't a legit black WWE champion...

Lordban likes this.
  17. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    jim crockett jr passed away. has to be considered one of the most important figures in the formative years of modern wrestling, 70s/80s.

18. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Saw he was in ICU a few days ago on Meltzer's site. May he Rest in Peace.

19. LloydChristmas

Sep 3, 2012
    [​IMG]

(would like to see Book and Mark Henry there too but yeah)

20. anakincol

Jul 28, 2009
    Better yet, Ron Simmons. The man even the WWE recongizes as the first Black world champion in Wrestling history(it was the WCW title but WWE owns the rights to that anyway.)

21. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    sounds like aew's ppv was a disaster tonight. caught some of the ladder match, and it was really boring.

christian (cage) is the new signing.

22. s_heffley

s_heffley Chosen One star 7

Jun 7, 2015
    Heh, everyone said he was under contract with WWE

23. anakincol

Jul 28, 2009

It was a bit up and down. The deathmatch, sting/darby v team taz street fight and the Hangman v Matt Hardy match where good. The pre show womans match with
    Maki Itoh filling in for Rebel, she has a long history with both Riho and Thunder Rosa so she makes sense
    was good as well.

24. LloydChristmas

Sep 3, 2012
    Had some good moments but lmaaaaao that sparkler botch was one of the worst things ever. Like ending a Hell in a Cell with a DQ bad.

I get people want an alternative to WWE (and they should), but anytime I've put on AEW something feels like a mess. NXT is the highest bar of American promotions to me right now. Hopefully it moving to Tue will allow peeps to watch & enjoy both.

Lordban, Juliet316 and bizzbizz like this.
  25. bizzbizz

bizzbizz Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2015
    For me when I watch aew the matches are usually great as are the wrestlers but there’s just no story for the most part it’s just high spot after high spot and everyone getting there stuff in

Main event was a disaster the big explosion was basically Gilberg’s sparkler entrance

Tony khan doing damage control saying what did you expect we can’t kill wrestlers in the ring well no tony but if you can’t do something better maybe stick with a stipulation that’s worked in wrestling for years like a cage match

Also said the explanation on dynamite will be Kenny is just a terrible builder and incompetent except that excuse buries Eddie Kingston selling it like death as well as the commentators

LloydChristmas likes this.