main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena Pro Wrestling Discussion, part deux - Only $9.99/month!

Discussion in 'Community' started by heels1785 , Nov 6, 2017.

1. LloydChristmas

LloydChristmas Baseball and Three-Time Jedi Draft Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 3, 2012
    Crowd seemed particularly loud last night, was it as crazy in person? Especially the ladder match which was wild.

Also did you buy an MJF scarf be honest

Juliet316 likes this.
  2. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Crowd was ****ing electric. Might have literally taken the roof off the arena if Wardlow had attacked MJF. I started the "Holy ****" chant after the ladder cutter, hoping it came through on TV, I'll be watching tonight. The only time* the crowd really wasn't into it was, unfortunately, the Red Velvet - Leyla match, which was phenomenal, but we needed to breath.

* - only counting Dynamite, not spoiling Rampage. We definitely took a match off on Rampage, too.

I did not buy an MJF scarf, because I'm hoping that with Danhausen coming into AEW, he will join up with Sting and Darby, and we'll get an entire faction around "Grown Men* Going Through a Goth Phase"

*And not just the men. But the women. And the children.

3. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
  4. FusionBlaster

FusionBlaster Jedi Grand Master star 3

Dec 17, 2001
    Well that TBS championship match..... Julia Hart needs more work...

5. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2022
    LloydChristmas likes this.
  6. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
  7. LloydChristmas

LloydChristmas Baseball and Three-Time Jedi Draft Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 3, 2012
    STILL RUNNING AROUND FREAKING OUT

Juliet316 likes this.
  8. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    let this rumble be remembered for maryse landing a perfect hurricanrana from the top rope on edge.

9. LloydChristmas

Sep 3, 2012
    Or Edge using Beth’s finisher on Miz to end it!

What a wet fart of a final rumble. We joked/not-joked Brock would win. I’d spoiler tag this but actually it might prevent someone from wasting their time.

Ronda should’ve closed the show. I’m biased but that whole thing was fun.

Juliet316 and Blame_It_On_Lucas like this.
  10. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
  11. Blame_It_On_Lucas

Blame_It_On_Lucas Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jan 29, 2004
    The women's RR was much better than the men's and had the bigger surprise entrant in Ronda. Good to see Rousey back.

Kind of salty how Sasha was dispatched though and have no idea what the plans are for her at Mania. I thought she was going to win the Rumble to set up a match with Charlotte to finally get a big win at WM. So that's a bummer.

Roman doing great heel work in the show.

LloydChristmas and Juliet316 like this.
  12. LloydChristmas

Sep 3, 2012
    I don't know if Rock is ever gonna wrestle a match again. He's way too bankable in Hollywood to risk being out with an injury. I'd say we'll see him as President before we see him main event another Mania.

Juliet316 likes this.
  13. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Lita must have taught her out to do it (the irony).

heels1785 likes this.
  14. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    I wonder how many people attending RAW in Cincy tonight will be still drunk in celebration as hell after the Chiefs/Bengals game

15. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003

an incredible athlete who doesn't have great mic skills should not be forced out onto these comatose monday night raw crowds for her first promo back, with pumped in crowd noise.

they have such an opportunity with ronda, and wwe is going to screw it up again. let her work with heyman, be a silent killer like brock was for a while. give her time to learn, if she wants to.

also per dave meltzer, shane mcmahon has left wwe.

16. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
    @heels1785

Did he leave or was he forced out?

And agree on Ronda. Her UFC background fits her being that character anyway.

LloydChristmas and heels1785 like this.
  17. JEDI-RISING

JEDI-RISING Chosen One star 6

Apr 15, 2005
    i saw a report the other day that a lot of the talent was upset with Shane booking himself into the Rumble that strong. good i'm sick of him.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2022
  18. Dr Silva

Dr Silva Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 23, 2021
    Yeah i mean having Riddle and others have to act as if Shane can hurt them is a joke, but this is Vince fault for having him do all those crazy stunts before and maybe it was somewhat ok back then but now come on lol

JEDI-RISING likes this.
  19. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    heels1785 likes this.
  20. Mustafar_66

Mustafar_66 Force Ghost star 6

May 20, 2005
    I'd have bet my house on Punk beating MJF.

21. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    As part of it's relaunch ROH is creating a HOF. The Briscos and Bryan Danielson are the first two inductees.

22. Blame_It_On_Lucas

Blame_It_On_Lucas Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jan 29, 2004
    Late reply, but I agree they gotta be really careful with Ronda here. This is a very tenuous situation right now very similar to the Batista/Orton/Daniel Bryan scenario where the fans can turn against the angle and just boo both Charlotte and Ronda.

Which is why I was surprised on Smackdown they had Charlotte name drop Sasha to challenge her at WM, because they are legit playing with fire by offering, what appeared to be, a more desirable scenario to the fans before Ronda came out. You're taking away Ronda's heat right there. Unless Sasha is gonna be in that match they should never present an alternate scenario, particularly one that's popular when Ronda struggles with her promos.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2022
    Juliet316 and heels1785 like this.
  23. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Bask in his Glory [face_whistling]

24. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    i am so damn excited. he's going to be so good.

godisawesome and Juliet316 like this.
  25. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005

Edit:

Last edited: Feb 10, 2022
    heels1785 likes this.