main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

Problem Child - ObiWan/Qui-Gon AU (Second Teaser )

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Just_Jill, Nov 15, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Community Squirrel Whisperer star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Chapter 14 and I jusr stumble across this thread... though I have to say there's something quite nice about reading a good chunck of story at one time when it's written as well and full of suspense as this one. I love your your Qui-Gon in this one... not the uncaring brute as sometimes portrayed. Especially how he is trying so hard not to think about taking Obi-Wan as his Padawan while investigating Obi's former masters. And that Foilani woman... Di'ona I just don't know what to think of her. At first I figured her for someone out to hurt Obi-Wan but now, for some reason, the way she answered 'good' to the comment of him returning to the temple made strange ideas pop into my head... I won't say what but I might have an idea or two about her! :D :D

Anyway, a most delightful story Jill. I look forward to the next post and really, really hope I haven't come in on this near the end... I hope this goes on for quite while!!

Late as it may be, Post often, post soon! :) :)

2. Padawan_Travina

Padawan_Travina Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 5, 2002
    **takes saber and chops Obi's former master into little pieces and sent into space**

Ok now that is done...time to figure out why in the workd Di'ona was standing out the door and why she is so intrested in Obi...

Can wait for more Jill....and hope you have a great vaction...but I expect like triple posts when you come back..

PT

3. Sheila

Sheila Jedi Master star 4

Oct 6, 2002
    Great chapter. Qui-Gon's meeting with Denk was very interesting but still left many unanswered questions. He sounded sincere when he wished Obi-Wan luck. I wonder if all of Obi-Wan's memories are actually his own or if they are more manipulations put into his mind. Denk said he slept alot and seemed not to follow what was going on around him. I wonder if everything can be traced back to this other Jedi, Di'ona, who is lurking about.

So many questions, but I am loving it! I can't wait to see more of this mystery unfold. :D

4. Flashbacca

Flashbacca Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2002
    **Happy Wookiee Dance**

WoW a suprise post - and quite a nice surprise it was too!

I really like this Qui's determination to get to the bottom of this - - - [face_laugh] and his blindness to the fact that he needs Obi as a padawan.

Doing great Jill, have fun on Thanksgiving and thanks for our "treat"

:D The Wookiee

5. Tahiri

Tahiri Jedi Master star 4

Apr 9, 2001
  6. Tahiri

Tahiri Jedi Master star 4

Apr 9, 2001
  7. Lieutenant_Page

Lieutenant_Page Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 17, 2001
    Great post!

Nice to finally get some answer here! Jane made a great observation about Master D. advoiding the question...very interesting. Did he beat Obi-Wan, or did he use some other methods to punish him? Come to think of it, I wonder which master put the "bombs" in Obi-Wan...

I love this story!

8. BlueJedi

BlueJedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 25, 2002
    up up up up up up up

Need more!!!

9. BlueJedi

BlueJedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 25, 2002
    Get back to the top.

Up Up and Away for more...

10. Flashbacca

Jun 11, 2002
    UP

Ya' know Page I was actually wondering if it was one of the Masters that put the "bombs" there. After all, it could've just as easily been Palpie. Remember he's still on good terms w/ the council at this point. ?[face_plain]

:D The Wookiee

11. Lieutenant_Page

Lieutenant_Page Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 17, 2001
    Ooo I didn't think about that Flashbacca! That would definetly be more beliveable. But who know...those Jedi could actually be that mean.

12. Just_Jill

Just_Jill Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 17, 2002
    Hope everyone had a nice break. I hope to keep posting like this, but school just got really difficult, and I don't know if I'll be able to post as often. Sorry.

forever_jedi - Is Di'ona doing a mind trick on him? Or are they all in league?
    Anticipation is the best thing....

Nicky - the 3 masters are "only" her accomplices
    Something like that. Why the emphasis on "only"?

TheFallen - devious plans abound.
    Yeah, they're everywhere. But where would we be without them?

Tahiri - and is she hiding something with Denk, or influencing him somehow?
    Hm, good question.

Jedi_Loren - how am I supposed to survive till Tuesday with no post?
    I'm sure you'll figure it out - care to tell me how you did it?

Jane Jinn - Wouldn't somebody have noticed her distinct lack of peace by now?
    When Qui-Gon first saw her, he noticed that although she looked angry, he could not feel her anger in the Force.

what is to prevent that same person from setting similar bombs in other people's minds
    Good question. In fact, all of yours are very good.

Cicci - No further messing with my head, ok?
    ?[face_plain] Where's the fun in that?

obaona - You are a life saver! Thank you!

perhaps his former Master's weren't abusing him.
    Hm. Interesting thought.

Ewanfan51 - Qui Gon is going to have to find out what is up with her.
    Yes, he will. He'll have incentive to do so soon.

Jedi_Suzuran - Call me paranoid, but that's darn suspicious to me, that she's there when Obi is being discussed.
    Isn't it, though?

PadawanKitara - Now the paranoid padawan is starting to surface
    Now I don't feel so bad. :p

Healer_Leona - Welcome!

Especially how he is trying so hard not to think about taking Obi-Wan as his Padawan while investigating Obi's former masters.
    That was one of my favorite parts as well. And as for it being near the end, remember - there is a sequel, and possibly a third (if I get it written).

Padawan_Travina - time to figure out why in the workd Di'ona was standing out the door
    Good luck. :p

Sheila - Denk said he slept alot and seemed not to follow what was going on around him.
    Interesting, wasn't it?

Flashbacca - his blindness to the fact that he needs Obi as a padawan.
    It is rather fun, isn't it?

Tahiri - Thanks for the UPs!

Lieutenant_Page - I wonder which master put the "bombs" in Obi-Wan...
    What makes you think it was just one of them?

BlueJedi - Thanks for the UPs!

Flashbacca - it could've just as easily been Palpie.
    Ooh! Speculation!

Lieutenant_Page - That would definetly be more beliveable.
    Ooh! More!

Here's a chapter with no answers in it at all. But lots of Obi-Wan.

Just Jill

13. Just_Jill

Just_Jill Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 17, 2002
    Ch 15: "Mercy in Your Eyes" - Dream Theater, Another Day

Obi-Wan blocked the strike, but the strength behind the opposing lightsaber drove him back a step, knocking him off balance. When the other blade withdrew, so did he, backing away from it to get his balance back. He tripped over his own feet and went down.

It was all too familiar; the lightsaber fell from his hands and he twisted to try to catch himself, glad that at least he had been allowed to wear his thin training tunic this time. To his surprise, there was no pressure in the small of his back, no burn, and he got quickly to his feet.

"Are you alright?"

He stared at Master Zichri with incomprehension. The Master looked back at him, his own lightsaber powered down, a worried expression on his face. "Obi-Wan. Are you alright?"

"Y-yes," he stuttered, and looked down, searching for his fallen lightsaber. He picked it up. "I'm sorry," he said softly.

"For what?" the Master asked. "You're a growing boy, and I remember well how it is at your age, to be uncomfortable in your own body." He smiled reassuringly at him. "It's to be expected. Now, let's try that again."

With a hesitant nod, Obi-Wan activated his lightsaber again and found his stance.

This time, the form went without a hitch, and when they finished, Master Zichri turned off his lightsaber. "Very good," he said as Obi-Wan deactivated his own blade and bowed.

"Thank you," he said, still confused.

The Master paused a moment. "I was asked to make sure you regained the basic skills you seemed to have lost," he explained gently. "Today you have proved to me that you have done so. Your time with me is finished." He smiled, and Obi-Wan stared at him, stupefied. "You are to return here tomorrow," Master Zichri went on. "There will be someone else to continue your training."

"Why?" he asked, surprised that he'd spoken his thoughts.

"Because Master Jinn said you enjoyed working with the lightsaber," the Master said with a smile. "He requested that you be allowed to continue to learn, even though you don't yet have a Master to continue your training."

Obi-Wan bowed again, trying to hide the flush that crept up his cheeks. "Yes, sir," he said. "Thank you."

"Go get cleaned up."

The shower felt good, but he didn't have the time to linger. He had to meet Master Yoda.

To his surprise, it was not Master Yoda who waited for him. Instead, the tall, imposing figure of Master Mace Windu stood inside the room. Obi-Wan slowed, still out of reach, and paused in the doorway. Not that distance made a difference, he thought, watching the Master warily. "I'm supposed to meet Master Yoda here," he said, although it was more than half a question.

"You'll be working with me today," Mace said.

Obi-Wan nodded. "Yes, Master." He stepped hesitantly into the room and made his way to where Master Windu waited for him.

Master Windu taught differently than Master Yoda. Obi-Wan struggled to follow his instructions, building a wall brick by brick instead of envisioning it complete. Still, the spikes reappeared when the shield was touched, but it seemed to take longer. Maybe he was imagining things.

By dinner he was exhausted again. When he was dismissed, he walked toward the door, wishing he could simply collapse where he was and sleep, and the memory of the white rug in the cabin - and missing it and the time spent there - made him want to cry. Qui-gon stood outside the door, and he halted in confusion.

"How are you doing, Obi-Wan?" the Knight asked.

Obi-Wan smiled wearily. "Better, I think. Thank you."

"Go have dinner," Mace directed him. Obi-Wan bowed to them both and went, catching a last glance of the two Masters meeting in the room. Bant smiled at him when he sank into the seat across from her in the food hall, but she seemed to see his exhaustion and waited until he'd cleaned half his plate before beginning to engage him in conversation.

He felt better once he'd eaten something, and suggested that they go swimming in the Room o

14. Padawan_Travina

Padawan_Travina Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 5, 2002
    I agree with Obi-Wan..This is very confusing...

We need answers here Jill....;)

Gald to have you back and cant wait to read more....

PT

15. Nicky

Nicky Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 25, 2002
    Great chapter! Obi-Wan really thinks of himself as a hopeless case... :_|

About the masters "only" being accomplices: Sometimes I think that there is too much of a distinction between the person who actually thought up a crime and that person who helps and who will be dealt in court accordingly. But in cases such as this one in this story it doesn't really matter who is the accomplice and who the actual mind behind the scheme. The only thing that would redeem those 3 masters would be if that woman manipulated them so that they didn't know what they were doing to Obi-Wan. But judging from the conversation Qui-Gon had with that one master (I really have an awful memory for names!) he did know at least something about what was going on.

Well, only time and your wonderful story will tell us! :)

Nicky

16. forever_jedi

forever_jedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 5, 2002
    Just_Jill Hope you had a great holiday! Obi-Wan still dreads the thought of having another master; at the same time, at some level, he wants Qui-Gon. Interesting. I think the fear in his heart is slowly melting.

I find it curious that Mace, Yoda, Qui-Gon, not to metion other assorted masters, are spending so much time on the recovery of a single padawan (granted he's our OBI-WAN!) I wonder if this means that they think there is something much more sinister behind this that just one screwed-up padawan. The look between Mace and Qui-Gon was significant! I think it is past time for Qui-Gon to investigate the Foilani Knight!

17. Jedi_Loren

Jedi_Loren Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 16, 2001
    Great post! Qui better come to his senses and take Obi as his padawan! <knocks Qui on the head to get his attention>

and as to how I survived, I kept counting down the days, and reading other fan fics ;)

18. Flashbacca

Jun 11, 2002
    there are not enough icons and verbal expressions around to convey the happiness at having you back posting :D

**yippee - bouncing up and down on toes**

I agree too, I'm very confused now.

So Mstr. Sorin is the one who abused him?! Something is not adding up :(

Need more [face_plead]

:D TW

19. Shaindl

Shaindl Jedi Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    More wonderful interaction between all our favourite characters. Great work, and so many questions. Just when will Qui-Gon wake up and smell the caf and take Obi as his Padawan? When will that angry knight-whose-name-I-forget-and-that-I'm-too-lazy-to-go-and-look-up-right-now finally spit out what her problem is? And when will we have another mushy scene between Obi and Qui? Soon? Please? I'm not adverse to begging! :D

Great story - I'm really enjoying it!

Shaindl

20. Jedi_Suzuran

Jedi_Suzuran Jedi Knight star 5

May 22, 2002
    Most interesting, most interesting, Jill. Who was that Knight that he felt (or saw)?

I'm so confused! I need answers! :D

21. obaona

obaona Jedi Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    :_| Obi-Wan's hopelessness makes me very :( . But I'm happy to see him starting to think about Qui-Gon in a Masterly sort of way. :D

Great post! :D

22. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    Hmm, let me guess. It's the Foilani knight, Di'ona, who's hiding up there at the falls, spreading uneasy feelings? At first I wondered if it might be Qui-Gon, but he would be more likely to radiate peace and wellbeing, not make both Obi-Wan and Bant twitch uncomfortably.

It's good to see that Obi-Wan is telling Bant a little bit about what happened. I think he hadn't mentioned any details before.

I also liked the way that Obi-Wan was thinking of Qui-Gon and admitting to himself that he actually cared what the man thought of him. And the way that a single look could be a correction, enough to make Obi-Wan not make the same mistake with sassy language again. The way is being paved, slowly but surely, for them to get together.

Glad to see you back!

23. Cicci

Cicci Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 16, 2002
    Wonderful chapter, Jill!

It's good to see Obi meeting Masters that treat him with respect, and I must say he is cute when he's awkward.

The practice with Mace, is that to make Obi realize he can trust other people as well?

Poor Obi...he's not got it easy.

24. Sheila

Sheila Jedi Master star 4

Oct 6, 2002
    I just think someone needs to wrap poor Obi-Wan in a great big hug and never let him go. The poor kid is so tired and depressed. Whenever this mystery is revealed and the guilty parties are exposed, I do hope they get what is truly coming to them. :mad:

Great post JJ .

25. Wild_Huntress

Wild_Huntress Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 15, 2002
    Great chap JJ! Too tired to say anything more... Well.. Yeah! Great chap! ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.