main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Problem Child - ObiWan/Qui-Gon AU (Second Teaser )

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Just_Jill, Nov 15, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    Well, I wonder how Obi-Wan's former masters are going to explain those injuries! That was a bomb I'd never considered -- I wonder how the masters -knew- that going to the healers would make everything worse for Obi-Wan.

Interesting that Obi-Wan should be drawn to the Prophecies of the Chosen One. I had to smile when Qui-Gon said that he was, too. What a relief that Obi-Wan didn't fall asleep in the archives! I was a bit worried that he would, and that Jocasta Nu would throw him out forever, and maybe detonate yet another bomb.

2. Just_Jill

Just_Jill Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 17, 2002
    Padawan_Travina - Can I kill Obi's former master's?
    Patience, my friend. They will get theirs.

Ewanfan51 - I hope Qui Gon takes Obi Wan as his padawan soon.
    I'm not saying anything. [face_mischief]

Nicky - Why would Obi-Wan, though, dream about all those fights he'll eventually have to fight
    Good question.

jacen200015 - is it possible that someone from the "future" could be doing this to Obi because Obi had failed the chosen one?
    Oooh... I hadn't thought of that. Interesting idea!

forever_jedi - That last bomb was the meanest of them all!
    Wasn't it? Could you imagine?

Cicci - Nice to see Bant and Garen mae an appearance
    Couldn't leave them out. ;)

Shaindl - can you please have Qui beat - literally - some sense into them?
    That's a good idea. Perhaps I will do that....

Lieutenant_Page - [face_blush] Thanks.

VadeyFan2002 - Welcome!

very good idea to tell the future to Obi.
    [face_blush] Thanks.

Jane Jinn - Interesting that Obi-Wan should be drawn to the Prophecies of the Chosen One.
    I thought it made sense, you know?

Since Padawan_Travina's birthday was yesterday, and she had a bad day, I am giving her the next chapter today as her birthday present. Enjoy!

Just Jill

3. Just_Jill

Jul 17, 2002
    Ch 18: "All My Hopes and Dreams are Suddenly Reality" - 98 Degrees, My Everything

The next day started normal. Obi-Wan left the food hall, parting from Bant as she went one way for her class, and he started for the training room. He was looking forward to working with Qui-Gon again. He turned the corner and barely managed to keep from running into a tall Knight, and she regarded him with distaste. "You are Obi-Wan Kenobi," she said, and he took a second look at her, his mouth half open to apologize.

The expression of disapproval she aimed at him was familiar. It was a moment before he recognized her as the Foilani woman that had stopped at the table in the Food hall where he'd been sitting with Bant his first full day back at the Temple. "Yes, Master," he said. "I apologize for interrupting your walk." He felt uncomfortable, and longed to get out from under her gaze. He began to move around her. She grabbed his arm, pulling him around to face her.

"You will destroy us," she hissed at him, and Obi-Wan jerked back away from her, but he was unable to free himself. The Force began to swirl around them, dark and menacing, and he pulled harder, the familiar panic filling his mind again. Her grip tightened painfully, her face contorting into a snarl. "You should have remained useless. You should not be allowed to pass the trials, Obi-Wan. You will destroy the Jedi." She sounded so certain, so sure, but the darkness around them made him uneasy.

Obi-Wan continued to pull, trying to get away, eyes focused beyond her, looking for help. He could see Qui-Gon striding down the hall toward them, face set in anger, his hand on the hilt of his lightsaber. To Obi-Wan's surprise, the woman let him go then, and he stumbled away from her and went down. The next instant her lightsaber was ignited and sweeping down toward him. He managed to get his own lightsaber up to block hers, and he was actually afraid she would press them both into him. He wasn't strong enough to keep her blade off of him if she pressed it. He squirmed away when she increased the pressure on the locked blades, and tilted his lightsaber just enough so that her's slid down and gouged the floor to the left side of his face. The blades were near enough that his cheek burned from the heat. "I will make sure you do not destroy us," she hissed as she raised her lightsaber again, the Force swirling darkly around him even more, then someone hit him with a Force push and he slid down the hall away from her and away from Master Jinn. He hit something that stopped him, and he frantically deactivated his lightsaber.

Someone clasped his elbow and he glanced up to see that it was Master Windu helping him to his feet. Before he could even be surprised, the clash of blades brought his attention back to where he'd last seen the Foilani. Qui-Gon had gotten past the other Knight, positioning himself between her and Obi-Wan. Obi-Wan, still off balance from standing and leaning into the support on his elbow, could not see how the battle was going. Qui-Gon's broad shoulders blocked it from his view. He had enough sense to wonder how bad this really was, that Jedi had drawn on Jedi, and in the Temple. Then Qui-Gon stepped to the side to avoid a blow, and all of those thoughts fled Obi-Wan's mind until he realized that the Foilani was trying to kill Master Jinn. She was angry, and the resultant darkening of the Force was so strong that he could feel it from where he was.

Suddenly, she blocked Qui-Gon's lightsaber, knocking it high before her blade dove in and burned his shoulder. He flinched, the material where she'd hit him darkening, but the move cost her. With one hand, Qui-Gon used the Force to knock her feet out from under her just as his blade crashed into hers. She fell. When her arm hit the floor, her lightsaber was knocked from her hand and extinguished. With an absent gesture, Qui-Gon called her lightsaber to his hand.

Obi-Wan hadn't noticed that Master Windu had kept a hand on his elbow once he'd gotten his balance, bu

4. Tahiri

Tahiri Jedi Master star 4

Apr 9, 2001
    Ahhh! I've missed three posts!! THREE WHOLE POSTS!!

Finally, the Council's called all of Obi's old masters up! And this vision of his [face_devil] *sigh* Though I assume with references to the Chosen One and the sith, the thing that's going on with Obi and his masters must have something to do with the Sith... maybe? 8-} I try.

Can't wait for more!

5. Tahiri

Apr 9, 2001
    Ahh! Another one so soon! [face_devil]

I need to read it [face_devil]

6. Jedi_Suzuran

Jedi_Suzuran Jedi Knight star 5

May 22, 2002
    Ah, I'm no longer so confused!

So that's what the Knight was so angry about. She has an inkling of the future and wants to prevent Obi from becoming a Knight so he won't train the Chosen One. Most interesting.

Unless, this is totally unrelated and he'll do something different, since Anakin doesn't factor into this at all?

Never mind what I said, I'm still confused! :p

*gets a couple of marshmallows as she waits for the "Officially Confused" Club meeting to begin* :p

Yay to the 2 posts! :)

7. Tahiri

Apr 9, 2001
    So it *does* have something to do with the Chosen One and Sith! HEHEHE (today's a snow day so I'm especially crazy) 8-}

8. Just_Jill

Jul 17, 2002
    Care to send the snow in our direction? Please?

Just Jill

9. Padawan_Travina

Padawan_Travina Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 5, 2002
    Jill...

Thank you thank you thank you....

That was a wonderful Birthday gift...and now I am not as confused as before...Thank you...

Now it makes sense as to why Obi-Wan's former master did what they did...But I still wnat to kill them...

But glad that Qui-Gon took him as Padawan...

THANK YOU ONCE AGIAN!!!

PT

10. Cicci

Cicci Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 16, 2002
    I wasn't completely wrong when I guessed she knew something about his future! *happy dance*

Although, I still think I fit in "Officially Confused Club". *Joins the meeting* Would you pass me the marshmallows, please, Suzuran?

I was a little shocked that Di'ona attacked him in the Temple, that's really bad. I'm glad to see Qui-Gon finally taking Obi-Wan as his padawan. It was a very intense and extremely good post!

Oh and Jill, I'd gladly send you some snow if I could. I'm sick of it already.

11. Sheila

Sheila Jedi Master star 4

Oct 6, 2002
    I missed one day on the boards and came back to find 3 posts waiting for me! What a treat!

So much happened I cannot believe it. The droids. :eek: The bomb set to go off in the healers. :_| Di'ona drawing on him in the Temple hallways. :mad: Those three ignorant imbeciles being brought to justice by the Council. [face_laugh]

And last but not least, Qui-Gon choosing Obi-Wan as his padawan. :D :D :D

Obi-Wan slowed as they neared the door to his new quarters, then stopped before it, taking a deep breath. Reaching forward, still afraid of a trick of some sort, he touched the pad near the door. It slid open silently.

I loved the ending of that post. For once, things are going good for Obi-Wan. I hope he gets that hug soon now that he has a good master! :)

This is one of my favorite stories Just_Jill . I love what you have done here and it is so well-written. I look forward to your post everyday. :D

12. kikeriki

kikeriki Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 23, 2002
    Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful! No time to elaborate - it's late, and I've got school tomorrow, regrettably, but I'm sorry I've missed so much! This is awesome!

13. Tahiri

Apr 9, 2001
    Nyahahaha! They cancelled school for tomorrow too! Yes!

More time to read good fan fics [face_devil]

14. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 16, 2001
    For your convenience, you can review the topic you're replying to in its own browser window by clicking here.

15. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    I missed three days :( At least I got caught up with this great story :)

You should have remained useless. You should not be allowed to pass the trials, Obi-Wan. You will destroy the Jedi." So we're back to that old argument again...

16. obaona

obaona Jedi Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    I missed two posts! :eek:

And what great posts! But it makes me sad, to think that the future will happen the way it does . . . er, originally? :(

But great posts! :D

17. forever_jedi

forever_jedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 5, 2002
    Just_Jill I have tons of snow here -will send some your way ASAP!

That was a very satisfying post, esp. the part where both Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan so matter-of-factly become Master/Padawan. Without hesitation, knowing that it is the right thing for both. I sure hope that Obi is entering the happiest, most sunny period of his life next; it's not going to be that long till Naboo!

So, Di'ona was either waiting to become Obi-Wan's fourth master and finish him off or wait till his thirteenth birthday, when he would be shipped off. It seems that she influenced the other three into believing that Obi-Wan would be responsible for destroying the Jedi - but those three sure have a cruel way (not to say most un-Jedi-like) of dealing with future visions. Is Di'ona particularly poficient in visions?

18. no1-important

no1-important Jedi Youngling

Oct 4, 2002
    *** de-lurking ***

I've been reading since you first posted, but have been lurking around.

I just wanted to let you know that this is a most intriguing story. I can't get enough of it. The fact that all these Jedi seem bent on destroying our sweet little Obi is just surreal. And why are they so issistant that he will destroy the Jedi? Is it possible that they themselves have been influenced by an outside party, who merely wants Obi out of the way? I'm just dying to find out. And the relationship you have developed between Qui and Obi is just wonderful. It's the kind of trusting relationship you had hoped they had from the begining of the JA books. Keep it up! :D

My only concern right now is that as fabulous as double posts are, will we be seeing a new post today?? I look forward to reading a new chapter and got thrown off yesterday. (Not that I am truely upset. I would prefer getting double and even triple posts every day, but am happy with one. ;) ) Well, I'll be waiting. Keep up the wonderful writing. :)

*** re-lurking ***

19. Just_Jill

Jul 17, 2002
    Hey, all.

I'm going to try to post this afternoon, but I've got some serious studying to do. If I get a chance, I'll post. Otherwise, look for it tomorrow.

Sorry about this.

Just Jill

20. Lieutenant_Page

Lieutenant_Page Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 17, 2001
    VadeyFan2002 Yep, I knew that ;) I was just saying how cool I thought it was. Thanks :)

It's so nice to have all the confusion cleared up!! Wonderful post!

21. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    He felt that there was information he'd missed, and it was vital if he was to understand

Somehow, I know exactly how Obi-Wan feels! :) I understand more now, but not quite enough to satisfy me. What made Di'ona claim that Obi-Wan would destroy them? Where did she find information that would lead her to think that Obi-Wan would be the one? And why this elaborate plan of abuse from one master after another instead of just arranging an 'accident'? Obi-Wan went on at least one mission with at least one master. Wouldn't it have been easy to, say, tip him out of an open airspeeder and then claim that he jumped? Or did they have to keep Obi-Wan alive until Anakin came along? I'm still waiting for the explanation, I'm afraid.

Di'ona must really have been desperate if she attacked Obi-Wan right there in the corridor, knowing that other people must be around somewhere!

I loved the way that Qui-Gon neatly snuck in the word "Padawan" when addressing Obi-Wan! And the way that Obi-Wan didn't need long to decide to call him "Master" in return! Now that he's keyed to Qui-Gon's apartment, for the first time in this fic, he's going home. Heartwarming, absolutely heartwarming.

Who's Garen's master, by the way, or does it matter? When Garen said that his master had already known beforehand that Qui-Gon would take Obi-Wan, it made me think that it must be somebody who knows Qui-Gon more than just a little. I wonder who it could be.

Looking forward to more, whenever you can post!

22. Shaindl

Shaindl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    Awesome post!

Yes, the Foliani knight was wrong, but I think I can understand her motivations if she has visions of the future. Doesn't excuse her behaviour or that of Obi's other masters, but it's maybe a little more understandable.

Which brings me to why I like your work - you gave your evil characters a reason to act the way they did - they aren't just bad for the sake of being bad. Great job!

Shaindl

23. Jedi_Knight150

Jedi_Knight150 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 26, 2002
    *Claps, cheers and whistles*

Excellent post! Qui finally said it! Yeah!

The Foilani was refering to Obi-Wan being the one who trains Anakin, wasn't she? This story just keeps getting better and better. I hope this isn't the end. I can't wait for the sequels!!

It's still snowing here in Boston. I think we have around three inches of it. I would go outside, but I hurt my leg yesterday and I can't put any weight on it. Your new post made me forget about that for a while though. :)

24. Just_Jill

Jul 17, 2002
    Tahiri - the Council's called all of Obi's old masters up!
    They had to have proof, you know. They can't just assume anything. How did you get so far behind?

Jedi_Suzuran - She has an inkling of the future and wants to prevent Obi from becoming a Knight
    Exactly.

Tahiri - So it *does* have something to do with the Chosen One and Sith!
    Well... sort of.... ;) [face_devil]

Padawan_Travina - glad that Qui-Gon took him as Padawan...
    Yes, it's nice, isn't it? And you are very welcome. :)

Cicci - I was a little shocked that Di'ona attacked him in the Temple, that's really bad.
    Yeah, it was. Desperation is not a pretty thing.

Sheila - For once, things are going good for Obi-Wan.
    Nice, isn't it?

kikeriki - I'm sorry I've missed so much!
    We missed you, too. Glad you stuck your nose in to say hi!

Jenny_the_Jedi_Girl - Welcome! ?[face_plain]

PadawanKitara - So we're back to that old argument again...
    Old argument? Oh - if it was him or Anakin?

obaona - But it makes me sad, to think that the future will happen the way it does . . . er, originally?
    Strange, to think that the future is something we all knew first, eh?

forever_jedi - I sure hope that Obi is entering the happiest, most sunny period of his life next; it's not going to be that long till Naboo!
    No, it's not. And there are more adventures.

So, Di'ona was either waiting to become Obi-Wan's fourth master and finish him off or wait till his thirteenth birthday, when he would be shipped off.
    He was already thirteen. She was to be his fourth Master - but a certain Jinn got in her way...

no1-important - Welcome!

The fact that all these Jedi seem bent on destroying our sweet little Obi is just surreal.
    Oh, good word. Surreal is right.

Lieutenant_Page - It's so nice to have all the confusion cleared up!!
    Isn't it?

Jane Jinn - Somehow, I know exactly how Obi-Wan feels!
    I forgot there is still some wrap up to do... Sorry to make you wait.

Shaindl - I think I can understand her motivations if she has visions of the future.
    Understanding motivations is nice, isn't it?

you gave your evil characters a reason to act the way they did
    [face_blush] Thank you. I much prefer a villain with a reason to one without one even if sane people don't agree on his reason.

Jedi_Knight150 - Qui finally said it!
    Took him long enough, didn't it.

I'm jealous of all you who have snow. We need it so badly right now - all of our reservoirs are down a lot (Lake Powell was down 84 feet, if that helps show how badly off we are).

I can't do it - I'm still behind, but I have to give you guys the last post. The second book will be up after Christmas. I just got the latest bit of help from my Beta Reader (please PM Jovieve and tell her thanks!), and I'm going to have to do some work on it. Hopefully by then, too, the third book will be well on it's way.

Thanks so much for all your responses.

Just Jill

25. Just_Jill

Jul 17, 2002
    Ch. 19: "Happy Ending Come True" - ?N Sync, I Thought She Knew

Garen and Bant walked in, but didn't go farther than the common room. Finally, Bant turned and pulled Obi-Wan in, and the door slid shut behind them.

The room was simple. There was a kitchenette off to one side, with a small, two-person table against the near wall by the door. Across from the door was a short hallway, and at the end on either side, Obi-Wan could see two doors. "Your's is on the left," Garen said, pointing down the hallway. "Your apartment is set up just like my Master's is."

"Thanks," Obi-Wan said faintly.

Across from the kitchenette sat a couch, looking well worn. A blanket lay neatly across the back. There were a couple of comfortable chairs facing either other in front of the couch.

"This is nice," Bant opined before the door slid open again.

Qui-Gon stepped into the room. Obi-Wan turned, suddenly unsure even how to act, and froze. "Bant, Garen," Qui-Gon said with a slight smile. "It is good to see you. Obi-Wan will meet you for breakfast in the morning," he said. With grins, Obi-Wan's two friends said good-bye to him and bowed to Qui-Gon on their way out. Then the door was closed and they were alone. "Let's get you settled in," Qui-Gon said. "Then I believe you have some questions."

"Yes, Master," Obi-Wan said. The words slipped effortlessly off his tongue, and he was amazed at how easily it flowed in his thoughts, too. He had always said the words with the others, but his thoughts had seemed to hesitate.

It only took a short time before all of his belongings were unpacked from his travel bag, the bag stored away, and everything out of sight. The room almost looked as bare as before, but it felt like his. He smiled, comfortable.

They returned to the common room, and Qui-Gon stepped to the kitchenette to start some water boiling. "Do you like tea?" he asked Obi-Wan, who lifted his shoulders slightly and perched on the edge of one of the chairs at the table. He'd never tried it. "I like tea," Qui-Gon continued. "I will probably drink a lot of it. Especially after a mission."

Obi-Wan nodded vaguely, overwhelmed.

"You are probably wondering what happened," Qui-Gon went on as he sat down across the table from Obi- Wan. "Di'ona is a Foilani. This is important for a couple of reasons. The Foilani are a clairvoyant race, and when one is Force sensitive, that power is increased exponentially. She had a vision that she believed foretold the end of the Jedi. In studying the vision, she came to the conclusion that you were the catalyst that caused the destruction of the whole order." The Master paused, looking at him.

Obi-Wan stared at him, his mind spinning. He didn't even know what he could do to destroy the Jedi, and it was certainly nothing he'd want to happen. His hands clenched on the edge of the table, and he closed his eyes to try and get some semblance of control. His breathing had quickened again, and he struggled to slow it, to calm down. Finally, he took a deep breath and released as much of the fear as he could into the Force. Then he opened his eyes. Qui-Gon was watching him, and there was approval in his eyes.

"Did she say how I did that?" Obi-Wan asked.

"No. Only that she felt she would need help to stop you." Qui-Gon sighed. "Being Foilani also meant she lived longer than you or I ever will. She had this... vision some time ago, probably about the time you were born, and she watched and waited for you to appear. When you did, she recruited Sorin, Denk and Toman, asked them for help. It was very easy for her to convince them," he added in a musing tone, "because they had all been Padawan to her. They knew and trusted her visions." He paused, and his face darkened in anger. "Her plan was to have each of your Masters erode everything that you were, creating in you a lack of confidence and distrust of anyone who might help you. Then, with you injured after Toman's repudiation, she would take you as her Padawan. Remember what I told you when we

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.