main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

Problem Child - ObiWan/Qui-Gon AU (Second Teaser )

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Just_Jill, Nov 15, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cicci

Cicci Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 16, 2002
    Ah, Jill. That was wonderful! I can't believe we'll have to wait until after Christmas for the sequel. You've spoiled us with this daily posting. :D

The thing with the lightsaber that would have killed Obi-Wan once in a battle - that's plain cruel! They have certainly left their mark on Obi-Wan, even though he's overcome most of his fears. Poor kid.

What can I say Jill? You're an amazing writer, please do me a favour and never stop writing! I've enjoyed this so much and I'm looking forward to the next part! Thank you for this wonderful reading experience!

2. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    Well, that was interesting, although I didn't quite understand exactly what the last bomb was. I did have the feeling that all the masters were connected somehow, and if they had all been padawans to the same master, Di'ona, well, there's the connection.

It was a wicked plan, though! I suppose they were going to pass Obi-Wan off as slightly deranged, showing that he'd done something that had led to his death? I can't help wondering, though, why Di'ona did not turn to the Council with such a vision, and instead took it upon herself to destroy the threat to the Jedi. But maybe she's a maverick like Qui-Gon, just that her heart is not exactly in the right place.

I also liked the way Obi-Wan trusted Qui-Gon, as much as he was able to, but still felt a bit nervous when his new master tugged on his braid. Very realistic, that the effects still linger.

3. Shaindl

Shaindl Jedi Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    Awwww....

Great ending, with enough there to hint of things to come in the sequel. Can't wait for it to come out!

Shaindl

4. Nicky

Nicky Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 25, 2002
    Lovely ending to a wonderful story! Can't wait for the sequel!

5. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    SEQUEL SEQUEL

That was great. I'm glad to see Obi-Wan finally trusting a master.

as for the "old argument:" When TPM came out, there was argument on TFN that Obi-Wan was definitely the cause of Ani's fall to the darkside. Some people took the position that If Obi-Wan had been more vigilant, a better teacher etc... than it would never have happened. NOT that I agree with that argument...

6. Padawan_Travina

Padawan_Travina Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 5, 2002
    Jill....

I loved this chapter...Fianlly it looks like everything is going to be ok with Obi..

I cant wait to read more...Keep up the good work

PT

7. Jedi_Knight150

Jedi_Knight150 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 26, 2002
    *Joins Kitara*

SEQUEL! SEQUEL! SEQUEL!

8. Lieutenant_Page

Lieutenant_Page Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 17, 2001
    Awwww..its over :( But such a wonderful story. I loved every post of it, and if there is a sequal, I'll defenetly read it :)

Makes you kinda wonder about the visions that Knight was having and how, in a way, they are true. Very creapy indeed.

9. forever_jedi

forever_jedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 5, 2002
    Just_Jill Thank you for a wonderful story and so well-written too! I am looking forward to the sequel already - I can imagine all sorts of little "bombs" going off and the slow-to-develop trust on Obi-Wan's part together with his need for affection.

Di'ona was a Jedi who trained three Knights, yet resorted to a rather Sithly method of righting her visions. She reminds me of what Yoda said about arrogance being more and more a common flaw among the Jedi, even the older ones. She had seen a part of the future and decided to take it upon herself to correct it. If she had succeeded and Obi-Wan was no longer a Jedi, there would have been no one there for Luke: there would have been no Return of the Jedi order, since I for one, think, that Obi-Wan or no, Emperor Palpatine would have been in the same situation in the future. It's frightening to think that Di'ona has managed to pass on her way of thinking to three Jedi Knights as well. No matter what, the end (even if it's right, which in this case, it's not) cannot justify the means.

Jovieve If you are reading, thanks for beta-ing for Just_Jill! Good job!

10. Tahiri

Tahiri Jedi Master star 4

Apr 9, 2001
    That was great :) But I agree with others -- we need a sequel! Maybe when Obi's older or something? Please? This was such a good fic! 8-} Either way, great story. Thanks for writing it!

11. Jedi_Suzuran

Jedi_Suzuran Jedi Knight star 5

May 22, 2002
    Lovely, lovely ending, Jill. :D

I can understand the Knight doing what she did, in a way, but it was still worse than cruel. [face_plain]

I can't wait for the next book. :D

12. obaona

obaona Jedi Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    *chants* Sequel! You're writing is too good! I'm blinded! :eek:

*is rambling*

Wow, Just_Jill. Just wow! Not only a truly original idea, but written so very well. What a combination to find, and I'm glad I did! The detail and pacing is just perfect, and I must say you got Qui-Gon down perfectly. And Obi-Wan was simply heart-breaking - you did him wonderfully and realistically.

In conclusion, great job! :D

Now . . . more please? ;)

13. Jovieve

Jovieve Jedi Padawan star 4

May 19, 2002
    Hey Forever_Jedi:

You're welcome. I lurk :cool:, vicariously enjoying Jill's well-deserved kudos.

14. Sheila

Sheila Jedi Master star 4

Oct 6, 2002
    Absolutely wonderful Jill ! The ending was great. Finally Obi-Wan is in the hands of someone who will take care of him. I cannot believe the lengths the others went to in their effort to destroy a child. :(

I am so glad you are planning another installment of this wonderful story. I will anxiously await your return after Christmas! :D

15. jacen200015

jacen200015 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    That was very interesting. :) I'll be waiting for a sequel. ;)

16. forever_jedi

forever_jedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 5, 2002
    Hi there Jovieve! Does this mean you have beta-ed Just_Jill's sequel? If so, lucky you! From Just_Jill's bio, I get the impression that the sequel will be set a couple of years down the road!Oooohhhh! Can't wait!

Again, wonderful job!

17. Ewanfan51

Ewanfan51 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 19, 2002
    Wonderful ending. So glad when Qui Gon called Obi Wan padawan.
    Those other knights were not acting like Jedi. Their actions were darkened. The Foliani? is that it? was very sithly. She should have gone to the council with her vision. To harm a child because you think they may do something, it is just wrong.
    What a pleasure to read a kind Master Jinn. I didn't like Jude Watsons' Jinn, he was too screwed up in the head. Your Jinn however is wonderful.
    Looking forward to the sequel.
    Thanks

18. Flashbacca

Flashbacca Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2002
    Awesome Just_Jill

Absolutely Awesome :cool:

You write very well and capture the emotions in this story very well.

**joins everyone else in chanting**

"SEQUEL SEQUEL SEQUEL"

Want more :D

19. Just_Jill

Just_Jill Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 17, 2002
    Cicci - They have certainly left their mark on Obi-Wan, even though he's overcome most of his fears.
    Yep. He's got a lot of work ahead of him.

Jane Jinn - I can't help wondering, though, why Di'ona did not turn to the Council with such a vision, and instead took it upon herself to destroy the threat to the Jedi.
    "Always in motion the future is" - I imagine they would have done little or nothing to stop her vision from coming true. Or she imagined it.

Shaindl - enough there to hint of things to come in the sequel.
    [face_blush] Thanks. I guess I did something right.

Nicky - Lovely ending to a wonderful story!
    [face_blush] Thank you. And thank you for such wonderful comments.

PadawanKitara - there was argument on TFN that Obi-Wan was definitely the cause of Ani's fall to the darkside.
    Oh. I never heard that. I come down in the middle - he might have done more, but the choice to turn was ultimately Anakin's.

Padawan_Travina - Fianlly it looks like everything is going to be ok with Obi..
    One can certainly hope, yes... :)

Jedi_Knight150 - It will come, I promise. In about a month.

Lieutenant_Page - Makes you kinda wonder about the visions that Knight was having and how, in a way, they are true.
    Doesn't it? It is creepy.

forever_jedi - If she had succeeded and Obi-Wan was no longer a Jedi, there would have been no one there for Luke: there would have been on Return of the Jedi.
    It's scary, isn't it? It could also be argued that there would be no Phantom Menace, either - and thus no Jedi Purge - and no Luke. And where would we be then? Without a great story. And you're right. The end NEVER justifies the means.

Tahiri - But I agree with others -- we need a sequel!
    Coming up, after Christmas and probably around New Year's.

Jedi_Suzuran - I can understand the Knight doing what she did, in a way, but it was still worse than cruel.
    Yes, it really was.

obaona - Now . . . more please?
    Working on it! And [face_blush] thanks.

Jovieve - As if you don't deserve most of the kudos anyway....

Sheila - I cannot believe the lengths the others went to in their effort to destroy a child.
    Nor can I.

jacen200015 - I'll be waiting for a sequel.
    Only three weeks (or so)

Ewanfan51 - Those other knights were not acting like Jedi. Their actions were darkened.
    Good point. Keep that in mind.

Flashbacca - Want more
    I will keep that in mind.

Thanks again, you guys. I will let you know when the next one is out - I'm not sure on the title yet, so keep an eye out.

Just Jill

20. CalaisKenobi

CalaisKenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 15, 2002
    Well... even though I now have only a few hours to complete this massive paper due tomorrow... I find I have no regrets from spending time reading this story! It was very, very good Just_Jill! I cannot believe that I missed it when you first began posting. It has been such an emotional rollercoaster, and yet its ending was both a conclusion and a posting that just begs for more story. I cannot wait until you start the sequel! :D

21. Jovieve

Jovieve Jedi Padawan star 4

May 19, 2002
    Hi Forever_Jedi

Yep, sure did beta her sequel to this story (chants I know what happens, I know what happens, nanny nanny poo poo).

Oops, sorry, immature lapse there. :p

22. BlueJedi

BlueJedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 25, 2002
    great!!!

Cannot wait for more, more , and more

23. Flashbacca

Flashbacca Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2002
    **glares at Jovieve**

hmmmmm, I reckon we might have to take a posse after that thar little lady, capture her, hogtie her, then procede to use the infamous tickle-torment to coerce her to spill the beans ;) [face_laugh]

Never thought I would be anxious for Christmas to be over :(

:D TW

24. Just_Jill

Just_Jill Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 17, 2002
    Flashbacca
    If you do that, you won't see the next story, because, you know, she still has to take a look at the corrections that make a mess of the story....

CalaisKenobi - Welcome! Promise to let you know when the next one starts up.

Just Jill

25. Velvet_Elfin

Velvet_Elfin Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 5, 2002
    Just_Jill I wanted to say thank you for this beautifuly written story. I enjoyed very much and can't wait until the sequel is posted.

Velvet

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.