main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

Problem Child - ObiWan/Qui-Gon AU (Second Teaser )

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Just_Jill, Nov 15, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wild_Huntress

Wild_Huntress Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 15, 2002
    Ooh, Yoda has an idea. Why do I get the feeling this is not gonna be easy? :( Great chap!

2. kikeriki

kikeriki Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 23, 2002
    Oh dear... Yoda has an 'idea.' Why am I apprehensive? Heh...

3. Jedi_Knight_Hunter

Jedi_Knight_Hunter Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2002
    Be afraid obi, be very afraid...

For the some reason I keep thinking of Yoda saying "Here I come to save the day!" when he arives...

Really like the way your writing this!

4. forever_jedi

forever_jedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 5, 2002
    Well, despite the nightmare, I think Obi-Wan IS making progress in trusting Qui-Gon. And QG is certainly having the right sort of thoughts regarding Obi-Wan! [face_smile] I wonder if any of his former Masters still has an open bond with Obi-Wan through which disturbing thoughts can be sent. Since QG hasn't seen much of his mind, he may not know. Yoda's method sounds drastic, but Obi-Wan really needs to "disarm" these "traps"!

Wonderful, Just_Jill. I really liked "Obi-Wan looked exhausted and haunted when he appeared in the kitchen, Yoda on his shoulders" - reminded me of ESB.
    By the way, I am a much bigger Obi-Wan fan than a Qui-Gon fan. But I like Qui-Gon and hate it when he is portrayed like a blundering fool! In my book, since Obi-Wan learnt from him, he must not have been a total nutcase!

5. Jedi_Knight150

Jedi_Knight150 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 26, 2002
    At least Obi-Wan is finally starting to trust Qui-Gon. Yoda has an idea. "I have a bad feeling about this."

6. Lieutenant_Page

Lieutenant_Page Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 17, 2001
    They are his emotions huh? Wow. Let's hope Yoda's idea helps Obi-Wan.

7. Jedi_Suzuran

Jedi_Suzuran Jedi Knight star 5

May 22, 2002
    Laid traps for him? Who would lay traps in a young boy's mind? ?[face_plain]

*keeps being intrigued*

Great post, Jill.

8. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    It almost sounds like there's someone else in Obi-Wan's head besides the three abusive masters, but I'm not quite sure if that idea can make sense. What are these traps and why were they set?

You mean Qui-Gon doesn't lay awake the whole night wondering what Yoda has in mind? I know I'd toss and turn for a while -- but then, I'm not a Jedi master. :D

9. obaona

obaona Jedi Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    I'm worried . . . just worried. [face_plain]

I trust Yoda, but does anyone know the full extent of what was done to Obi-Wan? And I'm glad Qui-Gon feels the need to defend Obi-Wan - that's a good thing. :) And Obi-Wan allowing - asking, even - for Qui-Gon to be in his room is a big leap. :D

Great post, as usual! :D

10. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    For the some reason I keep thinking of Yoda saying "Here I come to save the day!" when he arives oh JKH that is just too funny!

When Obi-Wan was describing his nightmare, I was thinking that ot was someone trying actively to enter his mind. But Yoda says it's something worse? This fic is so addicting, I don't want it to end!

11. Ewanfan51

Ewanfan51 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 19, 2002
    Oh not Good. Yoda has an idea. Run Obi. This is going to hurt isn't it?
    Qui Gon is doing a wonderful job, this is one of the first times I have wanted Qui Gon to take Obi Wan as his padawan.

More Please
    Thank you

12. Tahiri

Tahiri Jedi Master star 4

Apr 9, 2001
    Yoda saves the day... 8-} I really like how Obi-Wan gets angry at whoever is in his head telling him that Yoda will hurt him. If there's one person Obi-Wan trusts endlessly, it's always Yoda. But if Yoda was part of the Council that handed him to such abusive masters, it must take a lot of trust for Obi-Wan to have trusted Yoda through all that. Yikes. Oooh, Qui-Gon's now having second thoughts about padawans.. it's great how Qui-Gon feels the need to protect Obi-Wan. Can't wait to read more! :)

13. Sheila

Sheila Jedi Master star 4

Oct 6, 2002
    "Wrong it is. Laid traps someone has in his mind," Yoda said quietly, but his green eyes were fierce. "More dangerous he could become."

It seems so blatantly unfair that Obi-Wan would be purposefully abused so severely and then it is how dangerous he could become that is the issue. I hope Yoda can help him but as everyone else has said, I have a feeling it is going to be a very painful and difficult healing. :(

I love how protective Qui-Gon is feeling. If anyone needs and deserves a protector, it is Obi-Wan in this story. More soon please. :D

14. Cascadia

Cascadia Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2002
    I'm anxious to find out what Yoda has in mind.

Post more soon. :)

15. Just_Jill

Just_Jill Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 17, 2002
    150 responses! Wahoo! Totally excited here! You guys are AWESOME!

Wild_Huntress - Why do I get the feeling this is not gonna be easy?
    Is it ever easy, with Yoda?

kikeriki - Yoda has an 'idea.' Why am I apprehensive?
    Why do you think it's a bad idea?

Jedi_Knight_Hunter - Be afraid obi, be very afraid...
    You guys are all so pessimistic! Maybe he should he happy! [face_blush] Thank you.

forever_jedi - Yoda's method sounds drastic, but Obi-Wan really needs to "disarm" these "traps"!
    Of that there is no doubt.

Jedi_Knight150 - At least Obi-Wan is finally starting to trust Qui-Gon.
    Nice to see, eh?

Lieutenant_Page - Let's hope Yoda's idea helps Obi-Wan.
    Definitely.

Jedi_Suzuran - Who would lay traps in a young boy's mind?
    Good question.

Jane Jinn - It almost sounds like there's someone else in Obi-Wan's head besides the three abusive masters,
    It kind of does, doesn't it?

obaona - does anyone know the full extent of what was done to Obi-Wan?
    Obi-Wan does, without a doubt.

PadawanKitara - I was thinking that ot was someone trying actively to enter his mind.
    Hm....

This fic is so addicting, I don't want it to end!
    Does that mean you'll be around for the sequel?

Ewanfan51 - This is going to hurt isn't it?
    Would you rather it didn't?

Tahiri - If there's one person Obi-Wan trusts endlessly, it's always Yoda.
    Yes, for some odd reason. :p

Sheila - It seems so blatantly unfair that Obi-Wan would be purposefully abused so severely and then it is how dangerous he could become that is the issue.
    But isn't it always the issue, how dangerous someone could become, regardless of how they were treated? But yes, it is unfair. Of course, the question then is... Dangerous to whom?

Cascadia - I'm anxious to find out what Yoda has in mind.
    You will. Right now, I believe.

Just Jill

16. Just_Jill

Just_Jill Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 17, 2002
    Ch 11: "I Wish that I Could Cry" - Five for Fighting, Superman (It's Not Easy)

Obi-Wan woke late. He knew it because the sun outside his window was on the grass of the yard where he could see it down by the edge of the forest. He moved slowly, reluctant to get out of bed. He was more nervous about facing Master Yoda this morning than he had been the day before. Of course, yesterday he'd nearly attacked the small Master. At least he had slept well last night. Maybe that would make a difference.

But when he emerged from his room, there was no sign of the small Jedi Master. Qui-Gon knelt on the edge of the rug in the common room and the calm Obi-Wan felt from him eased his nerves a little. Still hesitant, he joined his teacher in meditation, calming down.

"Yoda believes he knows how to help you," Qui-Gon said after a while. The sun had warmed Obi-Wan, and he welcomed it.

"How?"

"Your Masters, we believe, placed little bombs in your mind, like the one that went off yesterday. Yoda was prepared for it, but someone else might not be. He thinks it will be best if we set them off now, while we're prepared and are expecting them."

"What are they?" Obi-Wan asked softly.

Qui-Gon paused, and Obi-Wan could feel him reaching out for answers. "I'm not sure," he said softly. "But Yoda said it was as if... bombs, for lack of a better word, had been placed in your mind, and when a specific event happens, it triggers the rather negative feelings that were placed in that bomb."

Obi-Wan's brow furrowed. "They... put bombs in my mind?" he asked.

"That was the best way to describe it," Qui-Gon said neutrally.

Obi-Wan thought it over. "You think it would be best to set them off now?" He wasn't sure how he felt about it, but then Qui-Gon was right. Master Yoda had been prepared, and if someone else wasn't, it could do someone serious damage. What that damage might be, he didn't know. Except he had attacked Qui-Gon. Maybe it had something to do with that.

Qui-Gon shifted, turning to face him. "It may be painful."

Obi-Wan looked up and met his eyes. "Will I have control again?" he asked.

"Of your mind? Yes."

It made him tremble a little. "When do we start?"

"Right after breakfast."

Obi-Wan swallowed and wondered if the Master could tell how frightened he was. "What do we do?"

"First, breakfast," Qui-Gon said, getting to his feet and extending a hand to help Obi-Wan up. "Then we start where you are most afraid."

Qui-Gon made him finish at least two bowls of the oatmeal. He was so nervous that his stomach was twisting, but he managed to get it all down. Then they settled back on the rug in the sunlight.

"What do I do?" Obi-Wan asked. His hands twisted in his lap. Qui-Gon's statement before breakfast had made him nervous, and that feeling had only grown as he tried to eat.

"Become my Padawan."

Obi-Wan stared. That was certainly the last thing he'd expected. After a long minute, he nodded, wondering what would happen this time. Just working with the Force with Master Yoda yesterday had set off a storm of negative feelings, and he'd nearly attacked Master Yoda the way he'd attacked Qui-Gon. Who knew what this would bring? He had a feeling it wouldn't be good.

The training bond snapped into place, and Obi-Wan froze. He was just beginning to relax when he felt something strange happening, and before long, he felt like every nerve was on fire. Qui-Gon's hand on his shoulder only made it worse there, and he flinched away.

"Obi-Wan." Qui-Gon's voice sounded in his ears, in his head. "You can stop it."

He became aware that his breaths were short, his heart pounding, and he closed his eyes. Trembling, he focused, drew the Force around him, and accepted the pain. It flared and he nearly screamed, but then something snapped in his mind and the pain was gone.

Well, not completely. His skin tingled and he had a headache that, when he opened his eyes, made him groan and close them again.

"Was that it?" Qui-Gon asked softly. There was a

17. Lieutenant_Page

Lieutenant_Page Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 17, 2001
    Now that was awesome!

When Qui-Gon said Become my Padawan, I was quite shocked :p At first I didn't know a bomb was planted that way. What a way to tourture a kid.

18. Padawan_Travina

Padawan_Travina Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 5, 2002
    Jill

That was a very evil cliffy ya know....

WHAT DID YOU DO TO MY OBI-WAN??

Can we get another chapter today please???

Great job cant wait to read more...

PT

19. Jedi_Knight150

Jedi_Knight150 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 26, 2002
    OMG! OMG! What happened?! What happened to Obi-Wan?!

20. Jedi_Knight_Hunter

Jedi_Knight_Hunter Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2002
    Sequel-did you say sequel? I'm there

LOL @ the thought of Obi being Qui's master... I really like the depth and intelligence you ad to Qui...

Where's Yoda?

I'm glad that Obi is starting to come 'round.

21. forever_jedi

forever_jedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 5, 2002
    Poor Obi-Wan's mind resembles a minefield - and Qui-Gon has to patiently find each and diffuse it. Why do I get the bad feeling that they will not be able to find all the "bombs"? Also, I am wondering if good old Sidious (who has foreseen what a thorn Obi will become in his side) has a hand in all this. But then how do the three former masters fit in?
    Did Yoda leave or did he just go shopping?
    Great post, as usual. Become my Padawan was a shocker. And the thought of Qui-Gon being Obi-Wan's padawan raises all sorts of VERY interesting possibilities!

22. kikeriki

kikeriki Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 23, 2002
    Seconding forever_jedi's questions.

That was a somewhat evil ending to the chapter. And I was wondering - whatever happened to Obi's old Masters? Are they just wandering around free as the birds? I want punishment!!! Heh...

Wonderful post!! Any chance another one's in the near future? Like today? Please? :D :D

23. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    Ah, so it was the bombs that caused Obi-Wan to attack Qui-Gon? Hmm. Good that Yoda recognized them for what they were, and had an idea of how to eradicate them.

Although I'm not so sure it was a good idea to set off the "Obi-Wan takes a padawan" bomb -- I just can't stand Anakin. All right, I was just kidding! See the winky face? ;) Actually, I wouldn't wish that kind of abuse on anybody (sigh) not even Anakin. I'm really pleased that Obi-Wan seems to be escaping it.

Or should I say "seemed"? That thunderclap at the end was very worrying. Please tell us it's just a result of them having done too much in one day. Please tell us it's just Yoda putting a stop to it and telling them it's time to rest.

Please?

24. Cascadia

Cascadia Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2002
    Interesting idea with the mind bombs. But where's Yoda? I thought he was supposed to help.

Post more soon please. :)

25. Jedi_Suzuran

Jedi_Suzuran Jedi Knight star 5

May 22, 2002
    I'm glad they're making progress, diffusing those traps in his mind, but I still ponder who put them there.

Were the masters really that sadistic, or were they influenced by someone or something? Sidious? Dooku?

Okay, that was stretching a bit, but I really would like to know.

Great post, Jill.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.