main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Problem with seeing full content in thread

Discussion in 'Communications' started by Angelina_G, Jul 20, 2022.

1. Angelina_G

Angelina_G Jedi Youngling

Jul 19, 2022
    I'm gonna ask a really silly question...
    So, I found this forum via some fanfic link (and this is a GREAT forum might I add, glad to know of its existence), and while I was reading, I found that the text is incomplete (like shown in the screenshot in link https://ibb.co/9nNTPM9). It's not the first time I see this problem and it seems nobody else is pointing it out, so I kinda suspect the problem lies with my side. But I couldn't figure out what I did wrong.

the story link is, I heard from others' review it's a really wonderful story: https://boards.theforce.net/threads/negotiations-with-destiny-rotj-au-updated-june-2-th.2476482/

Would really appreciate any help on it. Thank you so much!

2. Thumper09

Thumper09 Force Ghost star 4

Dec 9, 2001
    It's not a problem on your side. Older posts that were larger than ~10000 characters got truncated during a forum move. The full story can be seen in this thread. In fanfic, sometimes the author reposted the non-truncated story later on, but sometimes not.

Lady Belligerent likes this.
  3. Angelina_G

Angelina_G Jedi Youngling

Jul 19, 2022
    Oh...

I see, thank you for your reply. That's sad

Lady Belligerent likes this.
  4. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Yeah, this happened when we moved from the IGN boards and software to the Xenforo software. There a thread stickied up top here explaining it. The problem mostly affected Fan Fiction but some other long posts were affected as well.

5. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    All the old PEOPLE interviews are gone, as well. It's a bummer.