main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hi Prodigal User

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by Taral-DLOS, Jun 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Taral-DLOS

Taral-DLOS Jedi Master star 3

Jun 29, 2009
    Hello all!

I used to post on JCF all the time way back when. I remember participating in the consultations with Jason Fry when he was writing The Essential Atlas. Good times.

Not sure why I left; I think I was just not posting as often as I had previously.

I'm working on a chronological read-through of Star Wars Legends books and comics. I made a giant list and organized it chronologically and thematically (occasionally things are out of order, if I'm going for a specific theme). I broke them up into bite-size thematic chunks and I'm trying to write a little something about each of them on my blog. So I can keep up with new stories, I'm interspersing New Canon throughout. Here's my list, with links to my posts so far. I'd like to share future posts here, but I'm not sure where the best place would be. Should I start a Thread under EU Community? Is there a generic "What are you reading?" thread?

I'm active on the EUCantina forums too, but that community has shrunk and is no longer as fun as it once was. So I'm returning here to talk Star Wars.

BadCane and Jedi Knight Fett like this.
  2. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Welcome!!! [:D] @};- I believe there's an Amph \ What Book Are You Reading Right Now? And under Literature there probably is something that discusses Legends versus New stuff. LOL I definitely have opinions about Legends novels [face_love] [face_dancing] The new stuff is absolutely a mixed bag novel-wise. [face_thinking] Stuff like Ahsoka that could dovetail into either canon for instance I adored and thought was cool. 2 of the titles by Claudia Gray were /are terrific. =D=

And natch, "Thrawn" was a blast! ;) And "Last Shot" had the terrific classic SW feels. :han: :lando: [face_mischief]

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  3. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Welcome back! There have been a few really good new Canon books and comics. Anyway it’s great to see old users come back.

4. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    Welcome back. I tend to go back and reread novels in their arcs, but not necessarily in time line order.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  5. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    Welcome back!!!!

6. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    Welcome Home!!! Good to have you back with us!!

7. BadCane

BadCane Jedi Master star 4

Oct 28, 2015
    Hey @Taral-DLOS

When you read the Bounty Hunter Wars trilogy, hit me up. I'm a big fan of those. I saw they're on your "To Read" list.

8. Kyber Acyk

Kyber Acyk Jedi Master star 3

Nov 30, 2017
  9. Taral-DLOS

Taral-DLOS Jedi Master star 3

Jun 29, 2009
    I'll try to remember! I anticipate it will take a while to get that far though. Still, I plan to finish Darth Plagueis today, and get the next post out over the weekend.

BadCane likes this.
  10. BadCane

BadCane Jedi Master star 4

Oct 28, 2015
    I want to read Plagueis, but there are other SW books in the way. [face_laugh]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.