main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Promises Kept

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by mouse2, Jan 14, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HealerLeona

HealerLeona Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2000
    Oooh, tension between the Masters too. I like.

2. mouse2

mouse2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 1999
    I'm starting to run out of pre-written stuff, so here's a short post. Hopefully I'll have a whole lot more later in the week. Thanks again for all the comments. Enjoy!

Obi-Wan wandered aimlessly through the ship as he looked for a quiet place to get away from everyone. He knew he should be meditating, but he had too much on his mind. He knew how most of the other maters felt about him and Master Tiros was one of the worst. Of course having Bruck as her padawan didn?t help. Kelmi Tiros was very strict and by the code, and she frowned upon those that weren?t; especially Master Qui-Gon. Obi-Wan hoped that with bringing Rela with them wouldn?t push Master Tiros over the edge. From what he had observed already, he had a feeling that Rela wasn?t partial to rules. Obi-Wan decided that he should probably get to his room in case Master Tiros came looking for him. As he rounded the corner he ran into the one person who he thought might be able to get him out of trouble, or so he thought. There sat Rela, trying in desperately to get her arm to stop bleeding and clean. She had taken off her tunic and was now wearing a top which left her arms bare. Obi-Wan could tell that her arm was much worse than she had let on. It was mostly small cuts and scratches, but their was a large gash and she couldn?t quite reach it. Obi-Wan knew that she had seen him coming, but she kept her attention on her arm. He decided that she was to proud to ask for help, so he walked over and started cleaning the gash.

?Thank you, but you don?t have to do that.? she told him.

?Yes I do. For one thing you could reach it and another I feel that I owe you one.?

?For what? Almost getting you into more trouble?? she asked.

?No, you didn?t, and Bruck does a good job of that all by himself.? he told her and Rela started to laugh. Her laugh was so infectious that Obi-Wan found himself smiling. ?You really should get a healer to look at this.?

?I?ll be fine.?she started, but then saw the look on Obi-Wan?s face. ?Okay, I promise as soon as I can I?ll get a healer to look at it. Happy??

?Yes, but since your making promises, I have a proposition for you.? he paused waiting for Rela to comment.

?You?ve got my attention, what is it??

?As you have noticed, Bruck and I do not get along very well.?

?That?s an understatement.?

?Well, if you can help me keep out of trouble with Bruck, I?ll help you stay out of trouble in general.?

?What if I want to get into trouble?? she laughed.

Obi-Wan waited for Rela to give him a straight answer. He hoped this would work. He knew that she could help him avoid Bruck, and how much trouble could she get into?

?All right, you have a deal. Its a promise.? Rela held out her hand and Obi-Wan took it. Then she pulled him in close to warn him. ?You have no idea what you just got yourself into. Trouble follows me like fur on a wookie. Thanks for the help, Ben. I?ll see you around. I?m going to go snoop around.?

Out of everything Rela said, Obi-Wan could only think about one thing. Ben?

3. Jedi Gryph Grin

Jedi Gryph Grin Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 25, 1999
    In the immortal words of Darth Vader...Yippeeee!!

4. mouse2

Oct 29, 1999
    Hope you are still reading. Here's more. Enjoy.

Chapter 7

As tired as he was Obi-Wan couldn?t sleep. He contributed it to the lightsaber practice he and Bruck had. It had lasted for hours with both his master and Master Tiros looking on. Although Master Tiros had intended for it to be punishment, Obi-Wan knew he had done well and made Qui-Gon proud, but had angered Bruck in the meantime. He hated dueling with Bruck, it always caused a new rift between them. Bruck seem to think that everything was a personal insult towards him, including Rela joining them. Now there was someone he couldn?t figure out. She seemed to have a distaste toward authority, yet everyone who knows her loves her. She treated everyone as an equal including his master. Come to think of it the only time she used his title was at the temple that day. Since then she had always called him by his first name. Another thing is that she knows everybody. Obi-Wan knew that if she were ever dropped off on some distant planet, she would know someone that could give her a ride to anywhere she wanted. Rela knew at least half the beings on this transport by their first name, including the pilot. Who since learning that Rela was on board, apologized for being so impatient. He had said that if he had known that it was Rela, he would have been happy to wait as long as needed to. Something else bothered Obi-Wan, she had started calling him Ben and only the force knew why. He had hated the name at first, but each time she used it, the more he didn?t seem to mind it. Obi-Wan had told his master all about the deal that he made with Rela.. Qui-Gon had said thank you and that he could use the help in keeping her out of trouble. Obi-Wan couldn?t tell if he was joking or not and started to worry if he had done the right thing. He felt that in the end anything to help him keep Bruck away was the right thing. Obi-Wan listened for the sound of his master sleeping. He was sound asleep from the sound of it. Obi-Wan decided to get up and follow Rela?s example, he went to go snoop around.

Obi-Wan snuck out of the room he shared with his master. As any obedient padawan would do, he did leave a note saying where he was. He checked Master Tiros and Bruck?s room and they were still sleeping. As was almost everyone else on the ship. Obi-Wan found himself standing outside Rela?s room. He knew without checking that she was not inside. Obi-Wan decided the best thing would be to keep his promise and find her. He could also get some answers to some questions that had been bothering him. After a few minutes of wandering around, Obi-Wan found the room where everyone else on the ship had gathered. Being as early as it was it was mostly empty, except for a few crewman and Rela. Obi-Wan spotted her sitting in a corner alone looking at her datapad. Obi-Wan didn?t know when a would get a better opportunity to ask her questions that had been plaguing him.

?You?re up early.? he started trying his hardest to hide the fact that he had somewhat been looking for her.

?Its more like late. Couldn?t sleep, and you?re trying too hard.? she replied to him, never looking up.

?Do you mind if I join you, and what do you mean I?m trying too hard??

Rela looked up at him and motioned for him to sit down. ?Ben, just be yourself. I don?t care about being impressed. I guess that?s why Bruck pisses me off so bad.?

Obi-Wan sat and watch Rela as she went back to reading her datapad. Now what am I going to say? Obi-Wan decided to say the first thing that came to mind. ?What are you reading?? Rela looked up at him with a knowing smile.

?Accounting books. I?m trying to find out if Els put enough away to refurbish the bar.?

?Why??

Rela put down her datapad and looked at Obi-Wan. She had always valued any time she had alone. She always felt as if everyone was checking up on her and making sure she was all right. As she looked at Obi-Wan she could see he only wanted to know about one thing. If she was going come between him and Qui-Gon. Then

5. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    Oh, isn't that sweet?

Now it's time for Bruck to fall in love with Rela and challenge Obi-Wan to a duel!

Whack

Just kidding.

6. Kit'

Kit' Manager Emeritus & Kessel Run Champion! star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Winner

Oct 30, 1999
    Cooooool, I havent read this thread in such a long time. But I glad I just did!!

Thankyou

Kithera

7. mouse2

Oct 29, 1999
    I know your lurking! Thanks for reading!

Kelmi Tiros stood over the sleeping form of her padawan. They had grown close in the four years they had spent together. Kelmi knew all about Bruck?s quickness to his anger, but felt in her heart that she could teach him overcome it. She felt that this mission would make him either revert to his old ways or help him fully overcome it. Kelmi knew about Qui-Gon?s reputation of being a great master and she agreed with it, but she did not care for his ways of teaching and his defiance of the council. She felt that rules were meant to be followed and can only help a Jedi. She knew that her way would be best in keeping the padawans from fighting. Who did Master Jinn think he was anyway? What right did he have bringing some strange, non-Jedi, girl along with them on a Jedi mission? She knew that she would have to keep a close eye on this Rela girl. Her padawans voice brought her attention back to him.

?Good morning, Master.?

?Good morning, Padawan. You slept well I trust??

?Yes, Master. May I ask what?s bothering you??

Kelmi went straight to the heart of the matter. ?What do you know about this Rela girl??

?Not too much. I thought she was some delivery girl at first. Then Master Jinn interrupted us and surprised us by saying that he knew her.? Bruck stifled a chuckle as he remember the disbelief that crossed Oafy-Wan?s face. ?I do remember that she was very disrespectful toward any type of authority.?

This information worried Kelmi. Anyone that didn?t follow the rules or the chain of command caused Kelmi to worry. Then suddenly she had an idea about how to deal with this loose canon called Rela. ?Bruck, somehow we have to make sure that Rela doesn?t cause any unexpected trouble. We need to keep an eye on her at all times. I?m expected to work with Master Jinn, but I want to keep an eye on him as well. I want you to stay as close as you can to Rela and make sure that she stays out of our way. Can you do that and not get in a fight with Padawan Kenobi??

?Yes, Master.? Bruck grew excited as he thought about the assignment his master had given him. He would find out what Rela was hiding and get even with Oafy-Wan while he was at it.

8. HealerLeona

Jan 18, 2000
    Bruck is just so devious. I can't wait for him to get his comeuppance.
    I can't wait for more story too!

[This message has been edited by HealerLeona (edited 02-03-2000).]

9. Jedi Gryph Grin

Sep 25, 1999
    With the power of the Swartz I command thee..."Upsy Daisy, Upsy Daazy, Upsy Doozy."

10. mouse2

Oct 29, 1999
    Small update. Enjoy!

Qui-Gon woke up to find his padawan missing. After taking a quick look around, Qui-Gon found Obi-Wan?s note. Ever the dutiful padawan aren't you Obi-Wan? I know all you?ve ever wanted to be is a Jedi, but just once couldn?t you act like a teenager? Qui-Gon laughed to himself as he remembered what Obi-Wan had told him the night before.

?We made a deal Master. If Rela helps me stay out of trouble with Bruck on this mission, I?ll help her stay out of trouble all together.?

Qui-Gon knew his heart was in the right place and he did need help in dealing with Bruck, but what possessed him to make a deal with Rela? Granted they both could learn quite a few things from each other. For one, Obi-Wan could see what it was like to have fun, and Rela was a professional when it came to goofing off. Also Rela could learn from Obi-Wan what it was like to have some sort of structure in life. Not to exactly follow the rules, but to know when they needed to be defied for the greater good. Qui-Gon knew about Rela?s troubled past, he helped her fight her way out of it for force sake, but he hoped that it wouldn?t catch up with her. He loved her like a surrogate father, almost as much as Obi-Wan, but unlike Obi-Wan, he knew that Rela had a temper and dreaded the moment when it would rear its ugly head. He knew it would, he only hoped she could control it this time.

11. Jane Jinn

Jan 12, 2000
    Now I'd like to see what Rela and Obi-Wan get up to in terms of "goofing off". I can't imagine obedient little Obi-Wan doing anything like that! And of course Bruck will be watching...

More! More!

12. Jedi Gryph Grin

Sep 25, 1999
  13. Jedi Gryph Grin

Sep 25, 1999
    And UP again!

14. Jedi Gryph Grin

Sep 25, 1999
    My name is Inegio Montoya, you keeled my father...prepare to die!

*heh* C'mon sis, time for some more story.

15. KSkywalker

KSkywalker Jedi Grand Master star 3

Aug 7, 1998
    Quote:

"STOP SAYING THAT!!!!!!"
    -from The Princess Bride

16. Kit'

Kit' Manager Emeritus & Kessel Run Champion! star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Winner

Oct 30, 1999
    More!!!!!! Or else!!!

17. mouse2

Oct 29, 1999
    Sorry! I haven't posted because I got a bit of writers block and am working on the next section. Plus I didn't think anyone was reading. I promise I'll post soon.

18. mouse2

Oct 29, 1999
    Sorry it has taken me so long to post. Hope this will tide you over until I get to post again. Enjoy!

Rela waited for Obi-Wan to gain the courage to ask the right question.

?Do you mind if I ask you a personal question?? he asked.

That wasn?t it. ?Does anyone ever say no to that question??

?How did you meet Master Qui-Gon??

Come on Ben! Its not this hard to ask the right question. ?I don?t know. He was always there. Just one of those people you always know. I know you want to ask me something else Ben. Just blurt it out.?

?Why are you calling me Ben?? he blurted. He was still trying to find the right words to use to find out about what she wanted from him and his master.

?Because it was the first name that came to mind when you introduced yourself at the bar. Plus, Ben is a whole lot easier to yell than Obi-Wan if I ever need help.? Obi-Wan looked confused and Rela felt that she needed to elaborate. ?Hey , if it helps I had one for Qui-Gon, too.?

?Really? What was it??

?That?s another story, and I?m still waiting.?

Obi-Wan decided that if she kept harping on him to ask the question, the answer couldn?t be bad. ?Well, you?re not going to come betw-?

?I?m glad to see you two getting along.? interrupted Qui-Gon.

Rela threw her hand up in expiration. Obi-Wan closed his eyes and sighed knowing all to well that he had just lost his chance.

Qui-Gon knew that he had interrupted something, but he had to talk to Rela about the mission. ?Obi-Wan, could you go and ask the pilot when he expects to arrive at Selyr??

?Yes, Master.? Obi-Wan got up to leave.

Rela spoke up to try to put Obi-Wan?s mind at rest. ?Hey, Ben! The pilot?s name is Torg and tell him I said hi. By the way, in answer to your question, I wouldn?t dream of it.?

Obi-Wan?s face was flooded with relief, and he felt as if a huge weight was lifted off his shoulders. ?Thank you, Rela.? he told her as he walked out the door.

Once Obi-Wan had left, Qui-Gon decided it was time to tell Rela what was going on. He knew she thought they were going to see her mother, but the situation had changed. He needed her on this mission, he didn?t know why, but the force kept telling him they did.

?We?re going to Selyr aren?t we?? asked Rela.

?Yes, and their are a few things that you need to know about before we get there.?

?I?m listening.?

?For one thing, our identity as Jedi is to be kept a secret.? Qui-Gon explained.

?All right, a covert operation, and another thing??

?You?re going along because of your unique talent of gaining elusive information. Also consider me as your guardian while on this planet, so do your best to stay out of trouble.?

?Okay, you want me along to do all the eavesdropping and spying,? Rela reiterated, ?and you want me to be on my best behavior. Qui-Gon isn?t that a contradiction in terms??

?Considering that it?s you, yes it is. I also know about the deal you made with my padawan and I expect you to honor that.?

Rela started to laugh. ?That?s a pretty funny deal if you think about it, but I promise I won?t get either of us in too much trouble, and if I do I?ll do my best to get us out of it.?

Qui-Gon smiled along with her. ?That?s all I can ask, is you do your best in all areas concerned, especially keeping our identity a secret.?

?Qui-Gon, when have you ever known me to freely give out information??

?Point taken. I?ll leave you to your privacy.?

Rela was once again alone and she returned her attention to her data pad. Although she sat unmoving, her mind was racing with the information that Qui-Gon had given her. She knew there was more to why she was joining a Jedi mission. Then a new voice broke her thoughts.

?What are you doing??

What does it take to get some time by myself? ?Nothing Bruck. Just trying to get some time to myself.?

?Do you want some company??

?Bruck, why are you trying to be nice to me and what part of ?time to myself? don?t you understand??

?I?m just trying to make conversation, to know who we?re going to be working with.?

?Fine, if that?s what

19. Jane Jinn

Jan 12, 2000
    Hooray, you're back! That was a great post! Boy, Rela really put Bruck in his place, didn't she. Well done! Now we want to find out what Rela's nickname for Qui-Gon is! We want more, more, more!

20. HealerLeona

Jan 18, 2000
    Obviously you're doing a wonderful job of breaking that writer's block--great post.

I hope we get to read the story of Rela's nickname for Qui-Gon.

[This message has been edited by HealerLeona (edited 02-10-2000).]

21. Jedi Gryph Grin

Sep 25, 1999
    And there was much rejoicing among the masses. yay

22. Kit'

Oct 30, 1999
    Yeeeeeeeeeeeehhhhhhhhaaaaaaaa!!!!!!

Howdy pardenar!!!

Listening to Duel of Fates at the moment.

Ahh life is sweet

23. Jedi Gryph Grin

Sep 25, 1999
  24. Bastet

Bastet Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 1999
    Ooooooooh! I just spent the last hour reading this story and I love it! Now I must add it to my list of threads to check every day for a new post. Keep it up!

25. Jedi Gryph Grin

Sep 25, 1999
    Two ewoks walked into a bar. One turned to the other and said, "HA!! You didn't see it either, did you!"

UPPITY UP UP UPPITY UP!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.