main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Promises Kept

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by mouse2, Jan 14, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mouse2

mouse2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 1999
    Sorry its been so long between posts. With a hubby and a little one running around its sometimes hard to get inspired. Plus I ran out of pre-written stuff two posts ago. Please bear with me and please keep reading.
    I promise I'll get to the good stuff soon.

Chapter 8

Tensions were still high on the ship once they reached Selyr. After the first day, Rela did her best to keep to herself and so did everybody else. It was almost as if, once reaching Selyr, attitudes had changed. Everyone was happy to get out of the cramped quarters and to get to the business at hand. The four Jedi disembarked wearing plain clothes and looking quite like a family ready for a quiet stay. They walked together towards the reception area to sign in for the room they were assigned. Rela, on the other hand was no where to be seen. Then, seemingly out of nowhere, laughter exploded from the boarding ramp. Rela was standing on the loading dock talking with the pilot, and they were both laughing over a shared joke. Then Rela looked up and found the foursome waiting on her. With a quick hug to the pilot, she started towards the group. Suddenly she turned around and shouted back to him.

?Hey Torg! Do me a favor and tell Riff that next time when he does something like that to check his notes first!?

She laughed again and started back towards the Jedi. Once Rela got closer she noticed that they were all dressed the same, but they were missing their cloaks. Oh yeah. she thought sarcastically to herself, You Jedi are masters of disguise. Rela finally caught up with the two padawans, who in true padawan fashion, were trailing a few steps behind their perspective masters. If they were supposed to keep their Jedi identity a secret, they were doing a very poor job. She walked up between them and slipped her arms through theirs.

?Boys, if you?re trying to blend, this is not the way to do it.? she whispered to them. She then unlocked her arms, skipped off, and started a new conversation with, what seemed to be the groundskeeper.

//Obi-Wan.//

//Yes Master?//

//Keep your promises and keep an eye on Rela.//

//Yes, Master.//

The group split up. Qui-Gon walked towards the registration desk with Kelmi and Bruck in tow, while Obi-Wan followed Rela. Qui-Gon knew that the council had arranged for accommodations for them, but the whole planet was geared toward the wealthy and he wasn?t sure what to expect. He didn?t have to wait long to find out. Suddenly a small man came running toward him.

?Oh, Mr. Jinn! We?ve been expecting you! We have your suite all ready. If you and your party will just follow me I?ll take you to it.?

?If you will just direct us to it, we can find it on our own.?

?Certainly Mr. Jinn. If you need anything just ask for Alby.?

?Thank you Alby. Now if you?ll excuse us.?

?Yes sir, Mr. Jinn?

Kelmi and Bruck stood quietly to the side and watched the proceedings. As Qui-Gon turned to leave they kept an eye on their surroundings and followed. They could all tell that something was not right, the man called Alby seemed too helpful, and the whole area seemed deserted.

Kelmi decided to voice her concerns. ?Shouldn?t we all stay together until we can figure out what is going on??

Qui-Gon knew that she was right and decided to call Obi-Wan back.

//Padawan//

Obi-Wan?s response caught him off guard. //Master! You have got to see this! She had him telling her his deepest family secrets within five minutes!//

//Yes Obi-Wan. I know about Rela talent of putting people at ease. We are headed towards our rooms and you and Rela need to catch up with us.//

//Yes Master.//

Another voiced concern from Kelmi caught Qui-Gon?s attention. ?Master Jinn, I must protest the bringing along this girl. What is it that she can do the we cannot??

?Master Tiros, her name is Rela, and ever since we landed on this planet I have had the feeling that she is meant to be here with us. I don?t know the reason why, but I?m not about to risk her not being with us. I?m sure it will all come out in the end.?

?If you do

2. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    Yes, I too am trying to figure out what just happened between Rela and Qui-Gon. Did she get drunk once and blab secrets about him? Get him embarrassed? (If Qui-Gon can ever get embarrassed.) Really, Mouse2, the suspense is killing me! Good post, and I'm already looking forward to the next one!

3. Bastet

Bastet Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 1999
    All right, it's another post! Thankyou! I am intrigued, so post some more soon!

4. Kit'

Kit' Manager Emeritus & Kessel Run Champion! star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Winner

Oct 30, 1999
    MORE???? makes big puppy eyes

PLease!!!!!

Kithera

5. mouse2

Oct 29, 1999
    I wanted to warn everyone that I'm going out of town this weekend to see the in-laws.
    shudders

I wanted to know if you want a post today or tomorrow. Hopefully I'll be able to post again Monday. Hey, if I finish what I'm working on now maybe I'll post today, tomorrow and Monday. So what do ya think?

6. Jane Jinn

Jan 12, 2000
    Oh, no, not the In-Laws! Worse torture could not befall even our favourite Jedi!

Please post to-day, within the next two hours if possible. Then I can read it before I have to go to bed.

7. Knight Obi Wan

Knight Obi Wan Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 17, 1999
    ok, lemme think real hard.......post today!!!

(no sarcasm meant) ::respectful bow::

Knight Obi Wan

8. mouse2

Oct 29, 1999
    Wow page three! Since I recieved such an immediate response, I will post. I think I'll use the iffy word on this post. I hope you like it. Enjoy!

They reached the room and all Rela could do was stand in awe. It was huge! She would have never thought that a room could be so lush and elegant. There were three additional rooms that were connected to the main room, and they were so extravagant that Rela was scared to ask which was hers. Then there was the view. The balcony was so big that all five of them could stand on it and never touch, but what they saw off of it was beautiful. Whereas on Courscant the whole planet was like a city in itself, on Selyr everywhere they looked seemed like paradise. There was a huge lake with the sun sparkling off of it, lush gardens, and thick forests in the distance.

As per instructions from his master, Bruck kept an eye on Rela. He could tell that she was trying to mask her emotions, but they still played across her face. From what he saw, Bruck knew that she had never been around such wealth. That was one possibility down, she was not some rich spoiled debutante that had run away and need looking after. He would find out what her secret was and her connection to Master Jinn, by the Jedi Code he would find out.

Rela noticed Bruck watching her and it made her shiver. Being around Qui-Gon and Ben had made her forget how creepy other Jedi made her feel. She hated the smug attitude of superiority the most Jedi had, as if they were better than you. Bruck seemed the perfect example of this trait, and Rela knew that she needed to teach him a lesson in humility, and that went hand in hand with the deal she made with Ben.

Finally Kelmi broke the long silence. ?My Padawan and I shall take this room closest to the balcony. That way I can keep a look out for others on the same floor.?

Qui-Gon realized that Kelmi didn?t like to work in the ?field? so to speak. ?Fine, Master Tiros.? he agreed. ?Obi-Wan and I will take the one by the door and Rela will have the remaining one across the room.?

?What?? Rela asked coming out of her daze. ?My own room??

?You didn?t think we?d make you sleep on the floor did you?? Qui-Gon asked her with a straight face.

Rela knew he was teasing and couldn?t resist a comeback. ?Well you never know with Jedi.?

It was now Obi-Wan?s turn to speak up. ?Master, if you?ll excuse us, I believe Rela has an appointment to see a healer as soon as she has a free moment.?

Obi-Wan watched Rela?s reaction and knew that she had hoped he had forgotten about the healer. Rela finally shrugged her shoulders in defeat and went to put her things down in her room. Suddenly from Rela?s room the Jedi heard her yell and it was followed by several thumps, then Rela reappeared.

?Jumping on the bed?? asked Qui-Gon.

Grinning sheepishly Rela answered, ?I?m sorry, it had to be done. You know you?ve got to test the beds in places like these.? She then turned to Obi-Wan, ?Ready to go Ben??

?I?ll think that I?ll tag along if you don?t mind.? Bruck announced.

?Why yes we do m-? Obi-Wan started.

Rela cut him off. ?I have two rules if both of you come along. One. No fighting. Two. You let me do the talking. Deal??

?Deal.? both padawans replied in unison.

Rela slipped her arms through the padawans and they started towards the door. As they walked out Rela gave them one last warning. ?If either of you break this deal, all bets are off.?

9. Jane Jinn

Jan 12, 2000
    Jumping on the bed! I love it!

10. Jedi Gryph Grin

Jedi Gryph Grin Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 25, 1999
    I want a third page...*sigh*

11. JediKnight-Obi-Wan

JediKnight-Obi-Wan Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 13, 2000
    I just wanted to tell you I LOVE this story.
    Keep up the good work. I really like the way Rela plains to put Bruck in his place. He NEEDS it.
    Jedi Gryph I know how you feel. A third page would be nice. I'm almost done with my story and I'm only on page two. I mean a few people are posting replies and I'm really grateful to them. But more feedback is always nice

12. HealerLeona

HealerLeona Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2000
    Well since whinning about replies to stories seems to be the order of the day--oh, never mind.
    I'm very curious about Qui-Gon and Rela's relationship. Did they get drunk together.
    laughs evily heh, heh, heh

[This message has been edited by HealerLeona (edited 02-18-2000).]

13. MrsKenobi

MrsKenobi Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 26, 1999
    "I'm sorry, it had to be done."
    hehehe, that was a great post, not at all iffy!

Eirtae Kenobi

14. mouse2

Oct 29, 1999
    A new post for the weekend. Hope you enjoy!

Qui-Gon decided that it would be best if he left for a look around the grounds. He left Kelmi, who was out on the balcony trying to see who their neighbors were. As Qui-Gon looked around he realized that everything was unusually quiet. He would have expected at least the sound of children playing, but there was nothing. The more he looked around the more suspicious he became. Finally he did see a few people, but they were local inhabitants of the planet and not guests. After several minutes of walking up and down the eerily quiet hallways, Qui-Gon found himself back at the registration desk. Again he could see nobody. Then out of nowhere Alby popped out.

?Why hello Mr. Jinn. Is there something I can help you with??

?Now that you ask, I believe there is. Where is everybody??

?Why sleeping Mr. Jinn or resting. There is a huge party every night, mostly for the ladies to show off or to catch up on gossip, and during the day everyone except the locals sleep so they can stay up all night. I?m sorry Mr. Jinn I thought you knew. Everything you and your party needs has already been put in your rooms. Just check in the closets and you should find something suitable.?

Qui-Gon took in everything that Alby had told him. Whatever this party was it would be the best place to gather information. He knew usually that at parties such as the ones going on here that wine and other types of alcohol tended to flow quite freely. The more it flows the looser the lips and the easier to find out what they needed to know. The only aspect he was worried about was Rela. He knew she would be on her best behavior, but that little outburst earlier today caused him to worry. Maybe she didn?t learn the lesson he thought she did years ago.

Almost as if reading his thoughts, Alby spoke up. ?All anybody does at these parties is talk about what is going on around here. Also if you need to keep an eye on any member of your party that too can be arranged.?

Qui-Gon eyed Alby suspiciously wondering how he could know so much. Qui-Gon also felt that Alby was hiding something, but wasn?t sure what. ?Who is invited to this party??

?Why anyone who is a guest, Mr. Jinn. You are expected to show. How many should we expect??

?Five.?

15. Jane Jinn

Jan 12, 2000
    All right, a party! Kelmi will probably be a wet blanket, but I do wonder what the two boys and Rela will get up to. Don't leave me wondering too long, please!

16. mouse2

Oct 29, 1999
    Thanks for posting Jane Jinn. I should have a new post up later today. I hope.

17. HealerLeona

Jan 18, 2000
    Sorry it's taken me awhile to get back. Another post today? I await anxiously mouse2.

18. mouse2

Oct 29, 1999
    I told you that I would post today. This post pretty much gives you an idea of Rela's personality. I hope you like it.

Several standard hours later Obi-Wan, Bruck and Rela walked into the room covered in what looked like mud. The two padawans struggled to contain their mirth. Rela on the other hand, was struggling to keep her composure. Qui-Gon, noticing that his padawan kept staring at Rela in a teasing manner, could not contain his curiosity.

What is it that you find so amusing, Padawan?" he asked.

"Something that happened while we were outside, Master." Obi-Wan answered while stealing another look at Rela.

Rela finally lost it and threw up her hands in exasperation and started toward her room. "Go ahead and tell them Ben. They're going to find out sooner or later."

Bruck started laughing and Rela glared at him.

"Well, Padawan?" Qui-Gon asked

"Master, we didn't do anything wrong, really." Obi-Wan started. "A large group of us were outside playing a game, and I guess we were getting loud and making a mess because of the mud."

"Mud? Is that what you're covered in?" Kelmi interjected.

"Yes it is, Master Tiros. Anyway a very wealthy and formally dressed Correllion came outside and started yelling at us. He kept asking what in the galaxy were we doing. Since everyone was surprised we all stopped what we were doing and stared at him.. Then all of the sudden Rela spoke up and told him 'We're playing mudball, sir.'"

Obi-Wan was trying to hold in his laughter, but wasn't doing a very good job. Bruck was now rolling on the floor.

"What happened next, Obi-Wan?" Qui-Gon egged on.

Well Master, even though she was polite the Correllion did not quite appreciate the honesty. As a matter of fact he started yelling at her. Saying all sorts of things like; 'What are you talking about?' 'That's the stupidest thing that I have ever heard.' and 'I don't believe you just said that to me.' Then he finished off his tirade by asking her, 'What do you have to say for yourself?'

Obi-Wan was interrupted at the renewed laughter coming from Bruck. Qui-Gon and Kelmi were doing their best at staying indifferent towards the situation, but they were openly smiling having caught the contagious laughter.

Qui-Gon looked at his laughing padawan, whose eyes were sparkling mischievously. "What did she say to him, Obi-Wan?" he asked.

Obi-Wan was now laughing so hard he could barely cough it out. "She said..." he started. "She said, 'Do you want to play?"

19. Jane Jinn

Jan 12, 2000
    And then Rela plastered him with a mud bomb, right? Right? Oh, Mouse2, I like this girl! Please post more, soon! I can hardly wait to read about Qui-Gon's and Kelmi's reactions.

20. Kit'

Kit' Manager Emeritus & Kessel Run Champion! star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Winner

Oct 30, 1999
    I should be doingg my stusy of religion assignment but I just touhgt I'd check this out. Now I'mm glad I did

Thanks mouse.....cooool!

Kithera

21. HealerLeona

Jan 18, 2000
    LOL--the last thing I expected was for Obi and Bruck to be playing and laughing together.
    That was great.

22. mouse2

Oct 29, 1999
    To the top with you, for I shall post again soon!

upity up up upity up!

23. Kit'

Oct 30, 1999
    More or I'll..I'll...

join rela and Obi-wan and cover you in mud balls!

Kithera

24. mouse2

Oct 29, 1999
    I said that I would post again soon, so here it is. I really hope you like it. Comments would be greatly appreciated.

After almost an hour, Qui-Gon decided that he should probably go and check up on Rela. She had disappeared into her room while Obi-Wan had told everyone about, what would forever be known as, The Mudball Incident. The way she had reacted when Obi-Wan first started telling the story made Qui-Gon concerned. He had seen Rela lose her temper before and didn?t want that to happen now. Once Qui-Gon reached the door to Rela?s room, he used his best ambassador voice.

?Rela, may I come in??

?Yes, Qui-Gon.?

As Qui-Gon walked in, what he saw surprised him. Rela was sitting in a chair and reading her data pad like nothing had happened.

?I figured that you would be still be angry.? he told her.

??Why would I be angry?? she asked without looking up.

?Because you acted angry when Obi-Wan and Bruck were laughing and telling us about the Mudball Incident.?

?Well at least they weren?t fighting.? she stated.

?You little imp.? Qui-Gon told her.

?Hey, how many times in your life will you have an opportunity to hit Bruck Chun upside the head with a clod of mud? Plus, I made a promise to Ben and I plan to keep it.? she told him as she finally looked up. ?You look nice. Where are you going all dressed up??

?We are going to a party.? Qui-Gon stated as he walked out of the room.

Rela got up to follow him. ?I?m not going.?

?We were invited and we are expected to attend.?

Rela looked Qui-Gon straight in the eye and said, ?I?m not going.?

Qui-Gon turned to face her and said nothing. Because of the differences in their heights, Rela had climbed onto a chair so she could look him directly in the eye.

Rela knew she was in trouble by the way Qui-Gon was silent and the look he kept giving her. ?No, I?m not going.? she repeated. ?For one thing after my slip of the tongue earlier today, you don?t think that you can trust me. Second, I?ve been playing mudball all day and I?m still filthy. Third, I have nothing to wear.?

Upon hearing voices arguing, the remaining three Jedi walked into the room. What they saw was almost comical if not for the seriousness of the argument. Rela was perched on a chair with her hands on her hips glaring at Qui-Gon. She still had bits of dried mud plastered to her clothes and with each movement some of it would flake off.

Kelmi wanted to say something before things escalated between the girl and the Jedi Master. ?Maybe there is someone you can call to get something to wear? Like that helpful fellow at the front desk. What was his name? Alby or something or other.?

Rela, who was tired of everyone butting in, turned to Kelmi for the purpose of telling her what she thought. ?Kelmi, shut-. Wait a minute, what did you just say??

?I said, maybe we could call-?

?No, after that. The name. What was the name you said??

?The name?? Kelmi asked confused. ?I believe it was Alby or something like that.?

?Alby.? Rela whispered to herself. She then looked back at Qui-Gon with the same defiant look on her face and said, ?I?ll meet you at the bar in twenty minutes.?

25. Jane Jinn

Jan 12, 2000
    I must be pretty dense, but I don't understand yet while Rela should be angry about the Mudball Incident. It sounded funny to me! Other than that, I think there's nothing to criticise. I liked the part where Rela got up on the chair to look Qui-Gon in the eye, and the way the dried mud flaked off her clothes with every movement. Nice touches! And you've left us with another cliffhanger. Who is the mysterious Alby and what connection does he have with Rela? Post again soon! This story gets better with every installment!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.