main
side
curve

Promises Kept

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by mouse2, Jan 14, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mouse2

mouse2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 1999
    Thanks foe posting JJ. Rela had left the room in a huff when Obi was telling what happened. I was trying to make it seem that she was mas because the two padawans were laughing at what she had done. Sorry I guess I didn't make it clear enough.

Hopefully I'll be able to work on some more posts this weekend and will post again soon.

Also I wanted to be the 100th post!

2. HealerLeona

HealerLeona Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2000
    I must be getting old. My idea of soon is. . .like tomorrow. I look forward to your next post.

3. Jedi Gryph Grin

Jedi Gryph Grin Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 25, 1999
    Hey Mouse that turned out great, I can hardly wait to read more. Keep on!

4. Bastet

Bastet Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 1999
    I really like this story. And I can picture Rela standing on that chair facing Qui-Gon with mud flinging all over the room. Hahaha! Keep it up!

5. Jedi Gryph Grin

Sep 25, 1999
    UP!! Sis, you really need to give your hubby a beating or two so you can post on the weekends.

6. mouse2

Oct 29, 1999
    Sorry, no new post yet. I'm sorta stuck in a funk, but I am in the process of writing more. Hopefully I'll be able to post in the next day or so.

Thanks for reading!

7. mouse2

Oct 29, 1999
    ?Whoa, Qui! Take a look at that one!? said Lister

Qui-Gon had been listening to the man who introduced himself as Lister for fifteen minutes. Lister considered himself as a ladies man and proceeded to point out every female who walked into the room. Qui-Gon, who Lister continued to call Qui even after it was explained to him that the name was Qui-Gon, was growing tired of hearing about the same attributes of each one. When the Jedi had first arrived, they had split up to be able to cover more ground. Qui-Gon had stayed close to the bar to keep an eye out for Rela, and had noticed Lister. How could he not notice him, his mouth had run nonstop since he got there, but he still hadn?t answered any of Qui-Gon?s questions.

?Hey, Qui! Check out that one that just walked in!? Lister exclaimed

Qui-Gon didn?t turn around knowing that Lister had already said the same thing several times before. ?Yes Lister, I see her. Now could you tell me anything you know about some rumors that I?ve heard. Mainly about the safety of this planet.?

?I don?t know... By the Gods, she coming this way.? he said excitedly. ?She must be new here because she?s wearing she?s wearing her hair all wrong, but check out those legs.?

Now Qui-Gon did turn around, having a feeling that he knew who this girl was. He was not disappointed. There stood Rela, or at least someone that looked almost like Rela. The small mud splattered girl that had stood on a chair to argue with him was nowhere to be seen. Before him stood, for the lack of a better word, a lady. She was wearing a floor length light cream colored gown with a slit up the middle front and simple strapped top, but what stood out the most was her hair. The style on Selyr was for all the females to wear their hair up, almost on top of their head, but trust Rela to do the exact opposite. Every elaborate curl and corkscrew that she usually took great pains to hide were now a tumbled mass cascading over her shoulders down to the small of her back.

?Hello gentlemen.? she said with a smile, ?How are you this evening??

?Since you walked into this room miss, a whole lot better.? Lister told her in a sickening sweet voice. ?How would you like to spend the evening with me??

?I?m sorry, but you?ll have to ask Mr. Jinn here about that.?

Lister looked at Qui-Gon. ?Why would I need to do that darlin???

Rela looked at Lister with a straight face and said, ?Because he?s my guardian, that?s why.?

Lister looked at Qui-Gon?s towering frame, turned white, and quickly excused himself.

Rela and Qui-Gon watched the retreating form of Lister and started to laugh.

?Oh, that was fun.? Rela told Qui-Gon.

I hate this! Obi-Wan thought to himself. We?ve been here for almost twenty minutes, with no sign of Rela, and all I?ve got to show for it is that group of girls that have been stating at me. What could they be laughing at? I wish Rela hadn?t made such a big deal about not wanting to come. Then I could have asked to be excused. I hate this! What could they be giggling at now? What did I do? How does Bruck do it? He looks so calm and in control. Rela was right about him, he always has to be better than everybody else, the jerk. Well, Master Tiros seems relaxed and Master Qui-Gon seems bored. I wish they would stop staring at me. I hate this!

Obi-Wan stopped his inner tirade long enough to watch a familiar figure walk into the room. He had a feeling that is was Rela, and when she walked up to Qui-Gon, he knew he was right. Obi-Wan watched them as they talked to a third man and started laughing when he walked away. As he watched them he could only think about one thing.

What did she do to her hair?

[This message has been edited by mouse2 (edited 03-02-2000).]

8. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    Hooray, a post! I like this Rela! I always feel the need to do exactly the opposite of everyone else as well. And poor Obi-Wan. What could those girls be giggling about, indeed? I even like the name Lister. Mr. Lister, it just rolls off my tongue, and makes me think of Listerine mouthwash. Good job! Now don't make us wait too much longer for the next one!

9. Jedi Gryph Grin

Sep 25, 1999
    Whoo-Hooo!! Go Sis!!

10. HealerLeona

Jan 18, 2000
    Actually I'm surprised Rela didn't say Qui-Gon was her date, if only for the purpose of added shock value.

11. Kit'

Kit' Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 1999
    Lister and I get Red Dwarf flash backs! hahahah which makes it even more funny

Keep going and for force sake Mouse make your brother post!!!!!

Kithera

12. mouse2

Oct 29, 1999
    Kit' guessed it. I did get the name Lister from Red Dwarf. I thought it was fitting. I'm glad you all are enjoying this. Here's more.

Rela looked up at Qui-Gon, ?Well, did you get any information off of him??

?Not exactly. He was more concerned with the fairer sex.?

?Well that?s what you should be doing.? she told him.

?WHAT??

?You know what I mean.? Rela told him as she took a look around the room. ?Use that Qui-Gon charm that seems to ooze from you when you want something. Go up to one of these ladies complement and charm her and then she will be putty in your hands and tell you whatever you want.?

?That?s a pretty generalized statement regarding these ladies, don?t you think??

?Well yes, but I?m not saying that all of them are like that. I mean look at me. The more skin you show, the less brains they think you have.?

?Is that why you?re dressed that way?? Qui-Gon asked with a bit of sarcasm the Rela made a point to miss.

?There.? Rela pointed to a conservatively dressed lady standing by herself. ?She would tell you anything you wanted to know. Just show her some attention and make her feel elegant.?

?Are you sure?? Qui-Gon teased. He knew he didn?t need Rela?s help, especially in this area, but it was fun watching her try to persuade him to her point of view.

?Trust me.? Rela replied knowing that Qui-Gon was humoring her.

?What plans do you have for the rest of this evening?? Qui-Gon asked pointedly.

Rela knew that he meant for her to stay out of trouble, and that?s what she meant to do. As she scanned the room again, she spotted a very uncomfortable looking padawan. ?I?ll go and keep Ben company. He looks like he could use some.?

Then out of the corner of her eye Rela spotted a familiar figure. One that she had never wanted to see again. As Qui-Gon walked away the figure walked closer. She was dressed for people to notice her. The dress she wore was black and silver and very revealing, which if Rela remembered correctly, was usually what she wanted. Her black hair was severely pulled back and this gave her a haughty, vain look. Rela hoped that Qui-Gon wouldn?t recognize her, but if he hadn?t remembered Alby she knew he wouldn?t remember Vicetta.

?Hello Red.? Vicetta said arrogantly.

?Hello Vic.? Rela sneered back.

?Now is that a way to treat an old friend??

?You were no friend of mine, now go away.? Rela told her.

?A bit hostile now aren?t we? Why don?t you have a drink? Just like old times.?

?I don?t drink anymore Vic.? Rela informed her.

?Don?t call me Vic. What a surprise! Did that Jedi cure you of that little habit??

?That is none of your business Vic. Now go away, I want nothing to do with you or anybody else you know.?

?I?ll leave you alone for now Red, but you will have something to do with us. All of us!?

?Not if I can help it, and don?t call me Red!?

Both ladies slowly walked away from each other. Rela knew better than to draw any attention to herself here. She would just have to wait to see what Vic was up to.

Vicetta, what a stupid name. Naming yourself after a position of power. How prideful and vain can you get? That?s like naming yourself Countess or Chancellor.

Rela decided that the best thing she could do was what she told Qui-Gon she had planned. She walked over to where Obi-Wan was, noticing for the first time the group of young girls watching him. Oh, this may be more fun than I thought.

[This message has been edited by mouse2 (edited 03-03-2000).]

13. mouse2

Oct 29, 1999
    Where is my post?! confused.gif

This is making me mad. Nothing I've posted is showing up. It keeps saying that the operation has timed out, yet the post count says I posted. rolleyes.gif

This is driving me crazy! mad.gif

14. HealerLeona

Jan 18, 2000
    I thought that problem was just my computer. I hope if you added another post, mouse2 that it shows up. I really want more of your story.

15. Jedi Obi-Wan Kenobi

Jedi Obi-Wan Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 14, 1999
    Movin' on up! (Movin' on up!)
    To that deluxe thread slot in the skyyyyyy!

16. Jedi Gryph Grin

Sep 25, 1999
    Great post Mouse!

I'm having the same problem with viewing posts. It took a day and half for my last story post to show up. eek.gif

17. HealerLeona

Jan 18, 2000
    Two days between my replies and no others. I find that hard to believe.

18. Jane Jinn

Jan 12, 2000
    Come on, Mouse2, where's that Obi-Torture you promised us on Ty-gon's thread? I want to see it! Hurry up and post again!

19. Jedi Gryph Grin

Sep 25, 1999
  20. mouse2

Oct 29, 1999
    Sorry it's taken me awhile to post. Thanks for staying with me. Jane Jinn I'm working on the Obi-torture, just be patient a little while longer. I promise it's coming.

Obi-Wan watched Rela as she talked with a tall black haired woman. He could tell that they weren?t getting along. As soon as he had made up his mind to go over get Rela, they stopped talking and she started towards him. Someone walked by her with a tray of drinks and she grabbed two while she continued towards him.

?Are you as uncomfortable as you look?? she asked him sweetly.

?Probably more.? he answered back.

?Thought so. Here drink this.? She handed him one of the glasses .

Obi-Wan looked at it trying to think of a good reason not to drink it. ?What is it??

?Naboo Sparkling Wine, I suspect. Just drink it. I?m sure you?ll like it.?

Obi-Wan took the it and drank it all in one shot. Rela, after a few years of working in a bar, had a feeling that was what he was going to do. She took the now empty glass from him and handed him the second glass.

?Now that you got that out of your system, just sip on this one. Now tell me what has got you so edgy.?

?I really dislike crowds, and that group of girls over there have been staring at me ever since I walked in.?

?I noticed them, too. They?re not being very discrete are they??

?No, and it?s driving me crazy. Could you help me and find out what they?re giggling about??

Rela knew exactly what they were giggling about, but she couldn?t resist teasing Obi-Wan.

?Ben, you don?t know how happy I would be to find that out for you..? she told him with a laugh.

Now what have I done? groaned Obi-Wan inwardly.

21. mouse2

Oct 29, 1999
    Just bear with me, it gets better I promise.

?I think they?re blue!?

?No, they?re green!?

As Rela walked up towards the group of girls she couldn?t help but laugh. She had mentioned to Obi-Wan that they weren?t being very discrete, but that wasn?t true. Actually they were quite open and obvious about how they felt about him, and that was what was so funny. Jedi were known for traveling around the galaxy fixing problems and situations, but what gets him flustered, a group of girls with a crush. Then they started arguing again.

?They?re blue!? the first one said again.

?No they aren?t! They?re green!? the second one argued.

?I think he?s dreamy!? a third one interrupted. ?I like his hair.?

?I think they?re gray!? said what looked like the youngest of the group.

?You would Zowie!? said the first girl. ?Now go back to the room before I tell Mom and Dad you?ve been sneaking out.?

?No Nerria!? said Zowie, ?Or I'll tell Mom and Dad that you wrecked the new speeder.?

Rela decided that now was a good time to interrupt. ?Excuse me ladies, but may I ask who are you talking about?? she asked innocently.

?HIM!? they all answered in unison while they pointed at Obi-Wan.

?Well would any of you happen to know his name??

?No.? they answered with a sigh.

?Would you like to??

They all gasped so loud that Rela thought for a moment that all the air had been sucked out of the room.

?You know his name?? the girl called Nerria asked wide-eyed.

?Yes I do as a matter of fact.? Rela told them while taking a quick glance at Obi-Wan. While Rela was watching him she noticed that he had another drink in his hand, and now he seemed more relaxed. Rela turned back towards the group and was met with more wild-eyed anticipation.

?Well?? another girl prodded, ?What is it??

?Obi-Wan Kenobi.? Rela told them.

Rela was answered with a squeal then suddenly they all sighed, ?Obi-Wan.?

?Let me ask you something.? Rela interrupted. ?Obi-Wan and I have somewhat of a bet going. I think that this planet is perfectly safe, yet Obi-Wan insists that he heard something about locals protesting. Do any of you know anything about that??

The girls just stared at each other. Finally little Zowie spoke up. ?Daddy wouldn?t bring us here if he thought it was unsafe.? She paused then finally asked the question they had all been thinking. ?By the way, what color are his eyes, Miss ummm??

?Its Rela, and to tell you the truth I haven?t really thought about it. I?ve just noticed that they are very bright.? Then suddenly an idea came to her. ?Would you like to go with me and ask him??

22. Jane Jinn

Jan 12, 2000
    Zowie, if you do that, you have more courage in your little finger than I have in my whole body. Now go, find out what colour his eyes are! Go on, Zowie, go!

23. Kit'

Kit' Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 1999
    Bwahahahahhahah oh gosh.

GO on, go an embarrase the boy...please!

Kithera

24. mouse2

Oct 29, 1999
    Sorry, he doesn't get too embarrassed because... Well you have to read to find out. I hope you like it. Thanks for reading. cool.gif

Obi-Wan watched Rela as she talked to the giggling group of girls. He knew that she was up to something by the way they kept looking at him and pointing. He just hoped that whatever she was planning it wouldn?t be at his expense. He looked at the glass in his hand and realized that it was empty. Was it one of the ones that Rela had handed him, or had he grabbed another one? He couldn?t remember, but he put it down and grabbed another one from a passing tray. As he drained the new glass he realized that he didn?t feel as uncomfortable as he did earlier. Actually he felt pretty good and relaxed. Suddenly he heard a loud squeal and looked up. He noticed that Rela was doing her best to stifle a laugh and all the others had a dreamy look on their faces.

I think that I?m in trouble. By the force, I hate this. I?m not stupid, I have a good feeling that I know why they keep staring at me. I mean some of the initiates and other padawans at the temple do the same thing. I just wish that I knew what it was that caused them to do it.

Obi-Wan suddenly realized that Rela was walking back toward him with one of the girls. He decided that the best thing to do was grabbed another full glass and drink it as quickly as he could. Then he noticed the odd look on Rela face and he didn?t know what to make of it.

Why would she bring one of them over here. Well if that?s the game she wants to play, then I can do it too.

Rela stopped in front of him, but still had that funny look on her face. ?Obi-Wan,? she started, ?I?d like you to meet a new friend of mine. Her name is Zowie and she has a question for you.?

Great, this is all I need. Why is there four of them?

?What would that be Zowie?? Obi-Wan asked with a slight slur in his voice.

?Umm, Obi-Wan sir, we were just...ummm, we were just wondering....What color are your eyes?? Zowie asked shyly.

WHAT?

Obi-Wan heard Rela laugh and as he looked at her all she did was shrug her shoulders. He then looked back at Zowie with no idea what to say.

?Wh- What color do you think they are??

?Well some think they are blue, and others think they?re green, but I think they are kinda gray.?

?Well, then they are a bluey-greeny-gray sort of color.? he answered her with a smile. Zowie beamed at him, so he added, ?Thank you for asking.? and he gave her a kiss on the cheek.

Zowie ran back to the group giggling and blushing. Rela couldn?t help but laugh along. ?Ben that was the sweetest thing I have ever seen.?

Obi-Wan looked up at Rela and she got that funny look on her face again. ?Why do you keep looking at me that way?? he couldn?t help but ask.

?Ben, how many drinks have you had?? she asked with a bit of worry in her voice.

?I don?t know. Four. Six.?

?Okay. How many fingers am I holding up?? Rela held up two fingers.

Obi-Wan squinted then closed one eye and answered, ?I don?t know. Four. Six.?

Rela slowly closed her eyes and said, ?He?s going to kill me.?

Someone asked Ewan on an online chat what color his eyes were and that was his answer, and I couldn't resist using the same answer.

25. HealerLeona

Jan 18, 2000
    mouse2--
    Great post. Can't wait to see Qui-Gon's reaction of his Padawan, though I hope we get to stay awhile at the party. I'm having a great time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.