main
side
curve

Promises Kept

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by mouse2, Jan 14, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    I read that interview, too! Great minds think alike, eh, Mouse2? Now, who is Qui-Gon going to kill, Rela or Obi-Wan? Or will he just crack their heads together for good measure? More, more!

2. Jedi Gryph Grin

Jedi Gryph Grin Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 25, 1999
    heh,heh,heh...I love it!

3. Bastet

Bastet Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 1999
    Hahaha! Those posts were great. I love this story.

4. mouse2

mouse2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 1999
    Upity up up upity up!

I'll post later today or tomorrow, I promise.

5. mouse2

Oct 29, 1999
    I promised that I would post, so here it is. Enjoy!

?He?s going to kill me. He?s going to kill me.? Rela kept saying.

Obi-Wan was getting a bit tired of it. ?Who?s going to kill us and why??

?Qui-Gon, and he?s going to kill me. No, I guess you?re right he will kill us. First me then he?ll wait until you?re sober then he?ll kill you.?

Suddenly Obi-Wan didn?t feel good at all. Everything was blurry and his head was swimming a little too fast for his taste. As soon as he took a step he stumbled. He waited for the hardness of the floor to greet him, but it never did. He looked up and found a pair of concerned brown eyes staring at him.

?How did you...? I don?t feel so good.?

?Ben, I work in a bar. I am a master at helping those that have had too much to drink. Also, if you get sick on me Bruck will be the least of your worries. Come on let?s get you out of here.?

?Why are you okay??

?I don?t drink Ben.?

?You work in a bar and what about what you said earlier today.?

?Just because I work in a bar doesn?t mean that I drink, but if it will make you happy I?ll elaborate.?

?Yes it would.? he drunkenly giggled.

?Fine. I don?t drink anymore, and no I don?t want to talk about it. Feel better??

?No. I mean yes. I mean... Where are we going??

?I thought you may want to sleep this off, but we can go back if you want. I didn?t think that you would want to meet up with Qui-Gon or Bruck in your current state.?

?Oh.? was all Obi-Wan could think of to say. ?Rela, are we almost there?? he asked in a thick voice.

?Why?? she asked having a good feeling of what was coming.

?Because I really don?t feel good.?

?And you?re going to have one hell of a hangover.? Rela couldn?t help but add.

6. mouse2

Oct 29, 1999
    Where's my post? mad.gif

never mind. found it! redface.gif

[This message has been edited by mouse2 (edited 03-14-2000).]

7. Jane Jinn

Jan 12, 2000
    And now they get kidnapped and tortured, right, Mouse2? Right? Please?

Good post! I liked the line "Bruck will be the least of your troubles." And the way that Obi-Wan suddenly really doesn't feel so well. When's the next installment coming?

8. mouse2

Oct 29, 1999
    Here's one for Jane Jinn. A taste of things to come.

Vicetta stood in the dark smoke filled room waiting to give her report. The only light came in from the cracks between the curtains, which only made the smoke seem thicker. The only sound was a high-pitched frenzied giggle that was coming from the center of the room.

?Are they here?? the giggling asked.

?Yes they are.? Vicetta answered.

?Do they suspect anything??

?As far as I could tell no. Although they may be curious about the indifference of the tourists.?

?I don?t care about that!? the giggling told her. ?If I wanted to know that I would have asked. Now, do you have anymore information that would help us??

?She no longer drinks.?

The giggling stopped. ?Now that may be a problem. We can always make her start up again. I mean who can resist me in all my wondrous glory? Although if she does you have my permission to do whatever is needed to convince her.?

An evil smile spread over Vicetta?s face. ?I was hoping that you would say that.?

9. HealerLeona

HealerLeona Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2000
    I can't help but wonder what kind of trouble Rela got into because of drinking, but I'm sure we'll find out. Right?

10. mouse2

Oct 29, 1999
    This is for all of you that have been patient. Thanks and enjoy!

She had been semi-carrying Obi-Wan back to the room when she had gotten a sudden creepy feeling. Someone was watching them and that someone was not friendly. She had turned around slowly, while keeping a hand on Obi-Wan, to face Vicetta. Ever since she had met her, she had been somewhat afraid of Vic and now was no different. The weight of her blaster on her hip made her feel more secure, but not much.

?This is it Rela!? Vicetta had called to her. ?This time I have his permission!?

Suddenly Obi-Wan dropped to the floor screaming and clutching his knee. All she could do was look in his eyes and watch them dull from the pain. She never saw Vic get the shot off or even pull her blaster. Everything was moving so slow. She felt as if she were swimming in glue. Vicetta started towards them. She pulled her blaster and started shooting. Every shot hit its mark but Vicetta kept stalking towards them. Suddenly there they were face to face.

?I know the best way to get to you Rela.? Vicetta taunted. ?I?ll just take it out on your friends.? With one quick move she quickly bent down and backhanded Obi-Wan across the face. The blood began to trickle out of his nose and the side of his face had already begun to swell.

?Stop it Vic! He has nothing to do with this!? she yelled.

?Oh, yes he does, and its more than you think.? Vic sneered back as she backhanded Obi-Wan again with the handle of her blaster.

?Well it won?t work this time Vic!? she yelled as she puled her blaster.

As soon as she pointed her blaster into Vicetta?s face, Vicetta?s blaster was pointed into hers.

?I have no qualms about killing you Rela.? Vicetta taunted.

?The count of three then??

One.

Two.

Three.

11. mouse2

Oct 29, 1999
    The evil that is Darth Server has struck again!

Where's my post?! mad.gif

12. Jane Jinn

Jan 12, 2000
    Oh, wow, getting really international here, aren't we? First the IRA method of shooting Obi-Wan's knee-cap off and now something akin to Russian Roulette. Zikes, what's going to happen next? Maybe put them over a fire and French Toast them? I know, I know, I'm wrong on all three counts.

I should not be silly about Obi-Torture, but it's a way of killing time until the next post, which is hopefully coming soon.

[This message has been edited by Jane Jinn (edited 03-17-2000).]

13. Jedi Gryph Grin

Sep 25, 1999
    Jumps around the room yelling Mouse Mouse Mouse Mouse Mouse Mouse Mouse Mouse Mouse Mouse Mouse Mouse Mouse Mouse Mouse Mouse! Collapses in exhaustion...THUD! owwwwwww...medic

14. HealerLeona

HealerLeona Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2000
    I knew they should of stayed at the party.
    If we can't have fun then we need another post, soon.
    BTW- it was terribly Sith of you to leave us like

15. MrsKenobi

MrsKenobi Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 26, 1999
    Wow, I haven't been here in a while, great cliff hanger! But please post soon

Eirtae Kenobi

16. mouse2

Oct 29, 1999
    Hopefull this will be transferred soon. I hope everyone is still reading.

Rela woke up with a start. She hadn?t realized that she had fallen asleep while waiting for Qui-Gon. She had been having these dreams since she had gotten away from them. She guessed that was why she had turned into an insomniac. She hated sleeping because somehow Vicetta always haunted her dreams. I hate that damn sadistic *****. One of these days I?ll give her what she deserves. Now faced with the need to stay awake she continued her wait for Qui-Gon.

Rela heard the Jedi Master as he finally came back. She had been waiting for him to return for over an hour and had been dreading every minute. As she peeked out of her room she was pleasantly surprised that Qui-Gon had gone out to the balcony and not to his room. Thanking the Maker for that small stroke of luck, she quietly followed him. He was lost in thought and she hated to disturb him, but she knew that he needed to know what happened.

?Credit for your thoughts?? she quietly asked.

Qui-Gon turned to look at Rela. He tended to forget how young she really was, just a few months younger than his padawan, but she had been through so much in such a short time. As he looked at her now he couldn?t help but chuckle to himself. She still had her hair down, but had changed out of her dress into a giant robe that looked like it was about to swallow her whole.

?That robe looks like it was made more for me.? he told her.

?It probably was. I found it in your closet.? she answered him with a grin.

He turned back to look at the view lost in his thoughts again. ?Something?s not right here. Nobody seems to think that there is anything going wrong here, and if there was nobody seems to care.?

Startled by the sudden change in subject, Rela paused a moment to take in what he had said. ?Some of the girls I talked to said that their parents wouldn?t bring them here if something was wrong. Plus, for the local population this is their only source of income. Why would they want to do anything to destroy that??

?They wouldn?t and that?s the problem. You haven?t overheard anything??

?Just the usual slurs here and there, but nothing serious. They were usually joking at the time. This planet is considered the place to see and be seen. Who would want to change that?

?I don?t know. Something else is going on here and I want you to be careful. Keep your eyes an ears open, then tell me immediately what you found out. Understand??

?Yes sir.? she answered him with a serious voice.

?Oh, by the way, how?s Obi-Wan doing??

Rela cringed because she realized that Qui-Gon knew about what had happened to Obi-Wan.

?Well it was touch and go for awhile, but once I poured him into bed he felt better.?

?And you??

Rela had been expecting this question from Qui-Gon ever since she jumped onto the transport. She knew that now was the best time to fully explain her feelings about the matter.

?I never touched a drop, and I never will again. I spent eighteen months in that hellhole, and I will never go back. There is nothing in this galaxy that will make me drink again, ever. That?s a promise that I made to myself two years ago when I got out. That part of my life is over, so please believe me when I tell you that you will never have to worry about me reverting back to it.?

?I believe you Rela, but next time don?t let my padawan drink so much.?

Rela couldn?t help but laugh. ?Poor Ben! I knew he was uncomfortable, but I didn?t realize he was that uncomfortable.?

Qui-Gon started to laugh along with her. ?I?ll talk to him in the morning. Goodnight Rela.?

Rela couldn?t help herself and gave him a kiss on the cheek. ?Goodnight Qui-Gon?

17. Jedi Gryph Grin

Sep 25, 1999
    Hey Mouse, I really liked that last post. Adds a bit of humanity to Rela's character. Keep on!

18. mouse2

Oct 29, 1999
    Hooray! Thanks to Kit' I found my thread! I'm so happy that it was transferred, I just may post today.

19. mouse2

Oct 29, 1999
    Hopefully I'll get some comments soon. Did my last post hoover or what? I hope you like this one.

Rela woke up early the next morning and took a quick peek out of her door. Everyone else was still asleep, she hoped, and she quietly tiptoed out of her room. She felt that she had to do something before she screamed out in boredom. After a quick look around she decided to go out on the balcony so as not to wake anyone by accident. Rela was suddenly caught in the middle of the room by a staggering Bruck, who seemed to be just getting back.

?Hey Red! What were you up to last night?? he asked with a slight slur.

Is there something about padawans getting drunk, or is it just me? Rela thought to herself.

?Hey, I saw you and Oafy leave last night. What did you two end up doing?? he asked pointedly.

Slowly Rela walked over to Bruck then soundly slapped him across the face. ?Bruck, that is none of your business. If you ever speak to me like that again I?ll beat the crap out of you. Understand? Jedi or not, and don?t ever call me Red.?

?Fine, your loss.? he said casually, but his eyes blazed in anger. Then he promptly passed out on the sofa.

What a jerk. Rela thought to herself as she continued her way to the balcony. She found the biggest chair on the balcony and got comfortable. As dawn crept over the horizon, Rela started studying her datapad. Every now and then she would stare off at the sky as the sun continued to rise.

Rela would glance at the other balconies as if something was trying to tell her something. The sun rose higher and she saw two figures on a neighboring balcony. At first she thought nothing of it, but that same something, the one in the back of her mind, told her to look again. She strained to get a better look at them. One of the figures moved and Rela got her better look. She dropped her datapad and started to shake. Her biggest fear had finally happened. Her past had caught up with her.

Comments? Please?

[This message has been edited by mouse2 (edited 03-24-2000).]

20. Bastet

Bastet Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 1999
    Oooh! This story is so good! And a very nice cliffhanger too. Who is that on the balcony? I must know! Oh, and I loved it when Rela slapped Bruck, and he passed out on the couch! Hahahahaha!

21. Princess Jedi

Princess Jedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 8, 1999
    Ooooh! Good story!

22. Glad is June

Glad is June Jedi Master star 4

Mar 10, 2000
    great story post soon

23. Jane Jinn

Jan 12, 2000
    No, Mouse2, your last posts will not be labelled "Electrolux". I must admit, I was feeling a tiny bit disappointed that it was only a dream and that Obi-Wan and Rela did not end up in the hands of the Enemy, so I decided to calm myself down a bit by working on Ultra-Stressed Jedi Students, and then it seems that I forgot to post. I did like the idea of Rela "pouring" Obi-Wan into bed, and I especially liked the way she slapped Bruck. She should get more opportunities to do that! Also, the way Qui-Gon is always tender and caring to her really appeals to me.

Can I at least hope that Obi-Wan wakes up feeling like death on socks and that Qui-Gon makes him do light saber drills for his sins?

24. mouse2

Oct 29, 1999
    Just saving my thread from the bottom of page 3.

I should have a new post in the next couple of days. Thanks for the comments, and yes Jane Jinn I do have more in store for Obi-Wan, Rela, and even Bruck.

25. Princess Jedi

Princess Jedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 8, 1999
    Can't wait for more!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.