main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Promoting Lt. Connix?

Discussion in 'Star Wars: New Films - No Spoilers Allowed' started by Obi-Ewan, Dec 28, 2016.

1. Obi-Ewan

Obi-Ewan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 24, 2000
    In addition to being tragic events, the deaths of Carrie Fisher and Debbie Reynolds threw a monkey wrench into the stories of the sequels. I doubt anyone would consider recasting Leia, but somebody has to lead the resistance, and given the direction this series has been going, they'll probably want it to be a woman. I would count out Rey, since she is most likely going the Jedi route. What better way to honor Fisher's legacy than to let her own daughter take a leading role to close out this trilogy?

Darth Dnej likes this.
  2. Darth Dnej

Darth Dnej Jedi Master star 4

Apr 27, 2013
    That vast of a promotion seems unlikely. It would be a nice tribute to Carrie though to have her real-life daughter continue things on. At the very least, Connix and Leia may have a bigger role in VIII. We will have to see.

Dak Oolron likes this.
  3. Obi-Ewan

Obi-Ewan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 24, 2000
    True, but other than Adm. Ackbar and Nien Nunb, there aren't any recognizable characters to do it. It would be a large promotion for anybody. Unless Luke decided to elevate a fellow flight officer and give the job to Poe.

4. Nehru_Amidala

Nehru_Amidala Force Ghost star 7

Oct 3, 2016
    True enough

5. Big Bad Yoda Daddy

Big Bad Yoda Daddy Force Ghost star 4

Mar 8, 2000
    If Billie is up for it, I can't think of a more fitting tribute to Carrie.

jaqen likes this.
  6. TheOneX_Eleazar

TheOneX_Eleazar Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 24, 2013
    At this point we don't even know if there will be a resistance in episode nine.

jaqen and Dak Oolron like this.
  7. CowMoo

CowMoo Jedi Master star 3

Aug 12, 2001

hmm, good point there. Maybe the First Order has won the war by then. Or, there is a time jump and the war is already over ...

In truth, i wouldn't be surprised if there was at least some thought on Leia's successor even before the news of Carrie Fisher's death. Leia in TFA is obviously no longer the young woman she once was, and there must have been some discussion on who might be leading after her.

8. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    I wouldn't mind seeing her take a more prominent role in Episode IX, and I have no issues with her acting chops to handle such a thing. Anyone who's seen this season of American Horror Story knows what I'm talking about I'm sure.

I agree though that all the way to General is a huge stretch though-in fact it would take me out of the movie, knowing the behind-the-scenes details as we do. But something specific, like making her Episode IX's version of Rose could even be interesting.

9. Dak Oolron

Dak Oolron Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 24, 2014
  10. jaqen

jaqen Chosen One star 5

Jul 22, 2004

Leia in TFA is a woman in her early 50s, around the same age as Mon Mothma in ROTJ and Palpatine in TPM. Somehow I doubt the Resistance was thinking of contingency plans for a still relatively young woman that could serve for decades more.

Heck, I'm sure the Resistance's hope is to have this conflict resolved in far less time than would be necessary. Regardless, of course they have a chain of command in the event something happened to Leia. This is war afterall.

Dak Oolron likes this.
  11. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    If anything, I can see Lt. Connix getting more lines as the ST goes on.