main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Abq Propgeek

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by StarLeia, Aug 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shaak_Vi

Shaak_Vi Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 14, 2005
    Greg all I can do is say ditto to everyhting everyone has already posted. I have known you a very short while but can say you are honestly one of the most genuine individuals I've ever know. You are a credit to us all and never would anybody who gives a darn be in anyway disgusted with you. Lots of love and support is all you'll get from here at least. Glad to see you back. [:D]

2. Andromeda13

Andromeda13 Jedi Youngling star 4

May 31, 2005
    I just want to say that I doubt there is anyone here who would expect more from you than they expect from themselves. No one here expects perfection, and you should never expect that from yourself. Treat yourself as well as you would treat your friends, and never lose sight of the fact that everyone makes mistakes. What doesn't kill you only makes you stronger. :D

3. hairlesswookie

hairlesswookie Jedi Master star 3

Oct 23, 2001
    We have all missed you Greg and I just wanted to add in that our thoughts and prayers are with you.
    I'm still fairly new to the group , but it isn't hard to see how tightly knit everyone here is and I find it very encouraging and inspiring to see how much support there is amongst us all.
    We're here for you buddy!!

4. DARTHLYNN

DARTHLYNN Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 17, 2005
    Welcome back Greg, I'm glad that your okay, you need need Joseph or myself call us...
    [:D]

5. LetoQuorme

LetoQuorme Mos Alba FF Chapter Rep star 4

Nov 11, 2001
    Ditto to what everyone else has said. Whenever you feel like you need support, just pick up your phone, and I'm sure at least one of us will always be available to you. Glad to see ya back! [:D]

6. Ulic-Qel-Droma75

Ulic-Qel-Droma75 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 17, 2005
    I have a father that is a recovering alcoholic. He has been sober since July 1992. My father struggles with his own urges to go back and drink. Propgeek all can say is that I have seen how difficult this can be and I commend you for having courage to seek help and share your story with all of us. I wish you the best and keep up the fight!

Jeremiah

7. cyndilt76

cyndilt76 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 27, 2005
    dearest Greg,

i don't know what else to say that hasn't been said.
    you know that feeling that you get when you meet someone, when you invite a complete stranger into your life. that trust, that was, for whatever reason, automatic. like they bring a light into your life, an understanding, like they know, and listen, and truly care- and you, in turn, feel the same for them. you are my brother.

i love you,
    so very much.
    if you need me,
    i'm here.
    no matter what.

8. Gecko_Fett

Gecko_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 1, 2003
    I am so touched by the way this group has pulled together....if you stand back and look at it....you can see a family here! This has not happened by accident, we have worked hard as a group to produce what we have here today. Some people who post here do not get it and will always stand indifferent of the group. I am honored and blessed to have you all as friends. To be honest, I have never had better friends in all of my life.

See Greg....even though your tribulations...you have brought out a ton of camaraderie to our group.....just goes to show you....You Sir...are the piller of the group! Thanks Greg!

9. Shaak_Vi

Shaak_Vi Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 14, 2005
    =D= Beautifully said Jess =D=

10. jedijason330

jedijason330 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 11, 2005
    I don't know you that well Greg, but I'm with you.

11. TK166

TK166 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 15, 2004
    heh... Jess said "pillar"

Oh, sorry, we were being serious here...

12. EvilPrincess

EvilPrincess Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 23, 2005
    [face_laugh]
    you need a little bit of humour sometimes...

13. Andromeda13

May 31, 2005
    yeah, it's always good to start the day by offending someone with a comment or joke!

14. propgeek1701

propgeek1701 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 27, 2005
    Just a little anecdote here. My family has thought that you all were just a bunch of immature freaks who shared a common interest in a movie that's just silly beyond belief. Until now! Now they're seeing something deeper than a bowling team or a bunch of geeks, and it is surprising to them, because they think their "church family" is the ultimate in love and support. Also rethinking that one a little bit. Not to down the church or anything... but church people tend think of this stuff pretty much in terms of moral failure, weak-mindedness (Stiff upper lip, now, that's a boy!), or just plain icky old sin (Repent, you sinner, and conform, lest we discommunicate you). Maybe that's a little overstated, but I just mean to say that moralists seem to view humanity in black and white terms. This is not a disease, it's a decision. It's an evil, sinful way of life you have chosen for yourself. They don't understand or accept the insane mental compulsion or the abnormal physical reaction to alcohol as a progressive disease process. Sure, there's sin and evil and wickedness and all that... but there's also a larger picture. I speak as one of those church people. I understand their confusion and quandary. Maybe that's one reason for me to have this problem?

Anyway, you people have shown a community that I have only rarely seen in my church life and career. You're amazing people, and I thank you for your outpouring of love and support. You guys rock!

On a lighter note. Yes, let's laugh a little. Let's all go over to the TK166 thread and make some kitty jokes!

:D

-propgeek

15. Andromeda13

May 31, 2005
    Hmmm........ some of my family thinks the same things, and heck yeah, we could always use some new kitty jokes!

16. Norvon

Norvon Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 18, 2005
    I only met Greg at Bubonicon but, he seemed like the kind of guy that everyone would stand behind. He seems fun loving and fun to be around. This is why I am glad to know groups like this one. Hang in there Greg, we are all behind you.

Everett

17. propgeek1701

Apr 27, 2005
    Everett... from Alamogordo? Thanks, bro! I enjoyed making your acquaintance and look forward to calling you soon.

Everybody... just me popping in to expain that I don't have the same access to the board that I used to. Trying to stay out of my people's hair as much as possible, so I get maybe 5 min a day or so to check PM's and stuff. I'll be back as soon as I can.

Again, thanks to everyone for your kid words and support. You are awesome!

-greg

18. Gecko_Fett

Mar 1, 2003
    Greg is on today....thank god! Enlighten us with your wisdom!

19. servent78

servent78 Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 21, 2005
    Like I said in my PM to you. I may have not known you long but anytime! And who doesn't have a little immaturity in them, If we didnt laugh at the small stuff and some of the big, what fun would life be?

And you said "kitty" hehehehehehe

20. propgeek1701

Apr 27, 2005
    Propgeek say, "When man in mirror match man in heart, all is well.
    When Man in mirror not man in heart, all is hell!"

How was that, Gecko?

21. Gecko_Fett

Mar 1, 2003
    Heaven! Now I can go postal!

22. servent78

servent78 Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 21, 2005
    Hey I got wisdom!

Man who play in cathouse,will end up in doghouse!

23. Gecko_Fett

Mar 1, 2003
  24. StarLeia

StarLeia Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 15, 2005
  25. Norvon

Norvon Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 18, 2005

Greg,
    Hope you are doing well. Hope to talk to you soon too.

Everett from Alamogordo
    TC 4380
    TK 4380

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.