main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Atlantic Proposal to create FanForce Fredericton

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Navigator, May 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Navigator

Navigator Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 10, 2004
    Tonight is the monthly meeting of FSFS (Fredericton Science Fiction Society), at which I'll be presenting what I know so far about FanForce and what is required to setup a chapter here in Fredericton. Anybody in the Fredericton area is welcome to attend as a guest of FSFS, which will be meeting at 7:00PM in Room D405 of the UNB Information Technology Centre on Windsor Street. If sufficient interest is shown at this FSFS meeting, a time, place and agenda for the first FanForce Fredericton meeting will be set. If you need more detailed directions or other information, feel free to contact me by private message.
    Thank-you,
    Kent

2. Sar-Tamber-lac

Sar-Tamber-lac Jedi Master star 5

May 24, 2002
    Well, being in Woodstock now, I couldn't keep the Saint John chapter going. But if there were one to be created in Freddy, I'd so be there! :) Just can't tonight, lol. Good luck!

3. Navigator

Apr 10, 2004
    Thanks.
    Seeing that kind of interest out there really helps.
    I'll keep you posted.
    Time to go now, bye.
    Kent
    PS. Sorry about Saint John

4. watergod

watergod Jedi Youngling

May 12, 2004
    Hi, I am Vice Pres of FSFS and now signed up for FanForce Fredericton. Star Wars is a very special interest to me and am looking forward to a great time here. Anyone who is interested in contacting me try fsfs@nbnet.nb.ca

5. Sar-Tamber-lac

May 24, 2002
    That would be awesome. Do you know how to get a FanForce started? Do you have any questions?

6. Navigator

Apr 10, 2004
    Welcome aboard watergod. We'll arrange a time to meet and figure out what needs to come next. Sunday or Monday?

7. Navigator

Apr 10, 2004
    Sar-Tamber-lac,
    I've talked to YoungJediNiagara and got the basics like 3 people, 3 meetings, email the info to the RSA. What I'm not sure about is whether I send the meeting time and location before hand, or wait till after when I send the agenda, list of attendees, resolutions, etc. I'll post the time and place here if you think it'll help.
    Input is always welcome.
    Thanks.

8. Sar-Tamber-lac

May 24, 2002
    Yep, you got the basic idea...

In order to make it an official FanForce meeting, about two weeks before the meeting is to take place, you forward the meeting info (activity, time, place, etc.) to YJN or CrazyMike, and they will post it on the official FanForce meetings webpage. If three or more people make it out, then it can count as an official meeting. After three such posted meetings, you can be officially declared a FanForce.

If you have any other questions or whatnot, feel free to ask. I've been there, started it...it's great fun. And this would be the best place to post things about meetings and such. Maybe we'll have to get FanForce Moncton out, eh, DarthBabe? ;)

Let us know when you're planning...as long as I know in advance, I can plan to be there. :) The easiest things to plan at the beginning are movie nights and stuff, until you get a feel for everyone and what they like...just about everyone likes movies...

9. DarthBabe

DarthBabe Jedi Grand Master star 7

Mar 18, 2002
    Maybe we'll have to get FanForce Moncton out, eh, DarthBabe?

To Fredericton? That'll be quite a job, but I'm for the challenge...

Anyway, FF Moncton will probably be FF Sackville this fall.

10. Sar-Tamber-lac

May 24, 2002
    Really? Why is that? Because of all the Mount A people?

11. Daughter_of_Yubyub

Daughter_of_Yubyub Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 8, 2002
    All the Mt. A people and the fact that we will no longer have anyone actually IN Moncton. :p

12. DarthBabe

DarthBabe Jedi Grand Master star 7

Mar 18, 2002
    And speaking of Fredericton, Tammy, I'll be moving there.

13. Sar-Tamber-lac

May 24, 2002
    Well, then...that would make more people for FanForce Freddy! :)

14. Navigator

Apr 10, 2004
    How does Saturday the 29th or Sunday the 30th sound for a meeting day? It can be a coffee shop type meeting (several to choose from) or some other location/activity.

15. Sar-Tamber-lac

May 24, 2002
    As far as I know, the 29th (Saturday) would work great with me. I can probably get some other people out who aren't really posting on the boards right now (I mean, they're registered and stuff, just haven't posted in a while), but would love to do this.

16. Navigator

Apr 10, 2004
    I'll see about getting a place to meet.
    If its just 4 or 5 of us, a coffee shop should do.
    If its more, maybe a UNB student could reserve a spot on the campus. Other suggestions?

17. Sar-Tamber-lac

May 24, 2002
    If we can set it up as soon as possible, that would be great. I probably have to go to Saint John that weekend for an interview, but I'll see what I can do.

18. Navigator

Apr 10, 2004
    Okay, so Saturday the 29th it is.
    Let's say 1:00 PM at the Coffee Mill at the top of Smythe street. (Easy to get to and adequate parking.)
    There's three from Fredericton for sure. (One still needs to register with FanForce I think).
    Is the time and place okay?

19. Sar-Tamber-lac

May 24, 2002
    Place sounds ok. I don't know where it is, but I'm sure I can find it. As for time, I don't know. I'll try. I'll let y'all know something for sure sometime soon, I hope. :)

20. Sar-Tamber-lac

May 24, 2002
    Just a thought...was any of this info sent into YJN or CrazyMike? Cause if it wasn't by, like, last week, it can't count as an official meeting...the meeting info has to be sent in and posted about a week before the event takes place...so if it hasn't, you might want to push it back a week and get it posted...

21. Navigator

Apr 10, 2004
    Good point. No, it wasn't sent to YJN or CrazyMike.
    Wasn't sure until just recently that the 29th was a good date. As it turns out, I'll be heading off to a job site for two weeks, starting Saturday afternoon.
    Unless you hear/read otherwise though, the meeting is still on. Maybe by meeting in person, a firm date, time and location can be arranged with two weeks notice. I'll send a note to YJN anyway, just in case it helps someone else find the meeting.

22. Sar-Tamber-lac

May 24, 2002
    Sounds good.

Trust me, let's do this right. I don't want to get anything started like last time when we were trying ot start fanforces out here. I won't say what happened, but it got pretty nasty. The older people know what I'm talking about.

Let's get this going on the right track. ;)

Good job putting something together! :)

23. Sar-Tamber-lac

May 24, 2002
    I'm sorry; I wasn't able to make it out. I'm here in Saint John gearing up for an interview tomorrow...Hope all went well! :)

24. YoungJediNiagara

YoungJediNiagara RSA Emeritus FF Canada star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 23, 2001
    Sooo....? Any details on the first outing?

25. YoungJediNiagara

YoungJediNiagara RSA Emeritus FF Canada star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 23, 2001
    Just wondering if this new chapter is still trying or if it was given up on.

I ask because I've been given a request to create a Halifax Chapter forum and if the Freddy people are still trying I can make a Freddy Chapter forum (again) too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.