main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PROSPECTS!! The Minor League Baseball Thread.

Discussion in 'Archive: The Arena' started by Yodave27, Nov 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yodave27

Yodave27 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 2, 2001
    Is there anything more exciting in baseball than a prospect? The possibility of a dominant homegrown player makes me giddy like a little school girl. Share the excitement of a young player who has yet to come up to the bigs and inevitably dissappoint! And you know, talk about the teams as well.

2. KnightWriter

KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 6, 2001
    minor league baseball is played less than two miles from my house, in the form of the arizona fall league.

3. Art_Core

Art_Core Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 18, 2000
    How about that Troy Tulowitzki being named top AFL Prospect by Baseball America today? :D

I even follow the Dominican and Venezuelan Summer Leagues.

4. Yodave27

Yodave27 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 2, 2001
    You know thing are sad when you're reloading milb.com to see what Fernando Martinez is doing in the AFL.

5. Rogue...Jedi

Rogue...Jedi Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 12, 2000
    I went to a couple games of the Capital City Bombers, back when they existed. The only player I remember seeing was Lastings Milledge, and I only remember him because I remember someone talking about him as the big prospect on the team. Guess that was right. :p

I regularly check Atlanta's mlb site for their updates on their players in the AFL, some of them have looked pretty good.

6. Art_Core

Art_Core Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 18, 2000
    The Hawaii Winter League started up again during this off-season. It's a mix of young players from Japan and the lower levels in the minors. Ichiro and Todd Helton played in the league during the '90's.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.