main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga - Legends "Provenance" - Luke Skywalker / Mara Jade - A powerful foe from Mara’s past reappears.

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by JadeSphera, Dec 16, 2018.

1. Carlos Danger

Carlos Danger Jedi Master star 2

Jul 25, 2013
    A message from the past and he loved her until his last breath. That had to be a shock. I know Luke won't try to pry into her business, but that would be an interesting conversation.

2. JadeSphera

JadeSphera Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 10, 2018
    Thank you @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha ! I'm glad that you're liking the depiction of the places and things they're going through.
    And yes, it was a shocking discovery for Mara. :eek:[face_nail_biting]
    Thank you for reading and taking the time to leave a comment. Every comment really makes my day! [face_love]

Hi @Carlos Danger !
    I'm glad you're still following the story.
    You're right, it was quite a shock for Mara :eek:
    And Luke will have to wait and see if Mara wants to share this intimate piece of her past with him. Will see ;)
    Thank you for your comment, it means a lot! [face_love]

3. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    Mara’s mind was blown away. ‘Tarec Krigger!’ He’d been here! Acute pain she hadn’t felt in a long time mercilessly reappeared… The weapon’s Master of the Emperor’s Royal Guard, the man who had taught her everything she knew about melee and hand to hand combat… The man she had once loved. But Palpatine had told her that he had died in battle… that his whole ship had been taken down in space.

I have been lurking around for a while. Mostly, during my 30 minutes lunch break, sometimes even with sushi from the nearby Vietnamese in my mouth. During the actual sleep watch I never look at my mobile. You need to be as sharp & focused as Mara when you deal with extremely young children between 8 and 9,5 hours during the week.

And before my nasty cold kills me off for tonight I told myself I need to comment again. There have so many brilliant updates in this one, showing us a Luke & Mara dynamic that I like a lot. The honesty of it, the casual sheepishness of a certain jedi.

And now this message that Mara found...

Amazing! Simply amazing!

4. JadeSphera

Dec 10, 2018
    Hi @AzureAngel2 !

Oh my! Thank you so much for your nice comments.
    Nothing wrong with lurking! ;)
    It makes me happy to know that you like my take on Luke and Mara and the dynamics of their relationship. :D

Yes! Small children require all the sharpness of mind one can get! [face_laugh]
    I just pictured you during your 30-min break, with sushi in your mouth, reading Provenance... To have readers tell me they do this is really humbling, and I treasure it. Thank you! [face_love]

Hope your cold goes away soon and that you feel better in no time. @};-

Update coming next weekend!

:yoda:

P.S. I took a peak at your DeviantArt Gallery. I love your Barn Owls!
    [face_love]

Last edited: Mar 24, 2019
  5. JadeSphera

Dec 10, 2018
    Provenance
    by Jâd Sphera

Notes:
    As always, many thanks to my Beta Reader @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha for the great support with proof-reading this story.
    Thank you for reading, I hope you enjoy this new chapter.

Chapter 15

This story has been removed by the author.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2020
  6. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    Your latest update was as exciting as an Indiana Jones adventure. If they had asked him, he would have warned them about the hidden danger of such places.

But glad that Luke & Mara got out, literally at the last moment.

7. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    You have a real skill for drawing us into the literal scene =D= You portray Mara very realistically. [face_love] And Luke is a darling. ;)

Jâd Sphera and AzureAngel2 like this.
  8. JadeSphera

Dec 10, 2018
    Hi @AzureAngel2

Oh! Thank you!! I’m glad you found their endeavour exciting. :D Yes, you’re right! Indy would have recognized the imminent danger right away, LOL [face_laugh] Your comparison of this action scene to an Indiana Jones setting it’s really flattering.

Thank you for reading and commenting, it means a lot! [face_love]

Hi @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

I’m glad that it worked that way. Telling me that you felt drawn into the action it’s great confirmation that I wrote the scene right. ;)I want to make it interesting and thrilling for the reader. Telling me that I’m keeping Mara realistic it’s also great feedback, as this is a key issue for me in order to make the story work, as well as depicting Luke as the real darling he is. I just love him so much!

Thank you for reading and getting the time to leave a comment. @};-
    Having your around – apart from your precious help with proof reading, is really important to me. [face_love]

Last edited: Mar 30, 2019
  9. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Hello!

So my grand goals of keeping up with this fic chapter to chapter haven't worked thanks to DRL - I'm still only halfway through catching up. But I have to stop and tell you how much I'm enjoying what I'm reading so far! It's been ages since I read a good L/M epic, and this is bringing back so many nonstalgic, wonderful feelings. I really love the way you write both characters - from Luke's compassion and earnestness to Mara's drive and moments of emotional vulnerability. The action too! The plot! Everything is hitting all the right notes, and I thank you for all of the love and work you've so clearly put into this.

I'm hoping to catch up soon, but I just needed to commend you for a job really well done in the meantime. This story is a gem! [face_love] =D=

Last edited: Apr 2, 2019
  10. Carlos Danger

Jul 25, 2013
    After I read that I thought, "That water may be toxic! Get your clothes off quick!"
    HA! That would be a sight to see.
    That wouldn't have been a problem if they took those wet clothes off. ;)
    Yeah, I can picture that also.

Lots of adventure and sexual tension. I like it. [face_love]

11. JadeSphera

Dec 10, 2018
    Hi @Mira_Jade !

You’ve made me tear up a little… [face_blush]

Your words mean so much to me! And yes, it is with great love that I do this. Love for writing and love for the characters. I just love Luke SO much, so much… [face_love][face_love]

I really feel honoured for the time that you – and all the other readers, have invested in reading my story. It’s just wonderful and a great motivation for me to continue writing. [:D]

From the bottom of my heart, thank you!

Hi @Carlos Danger !

It makes me very happy to know that you’re still around reading and liking this story.
    I’m glad that you got all these reactions while reading. [face_dancing]

A Luke and Mara story must always be sexy, don’t you agree? ;)

Thank you for reading and for taking the time to comment on it.
    [face_love]

12. JadeSphera

Dec 10, 2018
    Provenance
    by Jâd Sphera

Notes:
    And as always, many thanks to my Beta Reader @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha for the great support with proof-reading this story. You've been amazing Ny!

Chapter 16

13. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    I enjoyed how Luke strengthened Mara when her resolve faltered. Very understandable that it would given recent events.

=D=

Jâd Sphera likes this.
  14. JadeSphera

Dec 10, 2018
    Hi @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Yeah, you’re right! I think they both strengthen each other when necessary [face_love]
    And I think things won’t get any easier for them [face_nail_biting]

Thank you for leaving a comment! @};-

15. JadeSphera

Dec 10, 2018
    Provenance
    by Jâd Sphera

Notes:
    As always, many thanks to my Beta Reader @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha for the great support with proof-reading this story.

Chapter 17

16. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    I am so. So. Serious. This is so Zahn-esque. =D= [face_love]

Jâd Sphera likes this.
  17. JadeSphera

Dec 10, 2018
    Thank you for your lovely comment. [face_love]
    To read the word "Zahn-esque" in it is really a compliment and humbles me and excites me in equal amounts.
    More yet to come! ;)

18. JadeSphera

Dec 10, 2018
    Provenance
    by Jâd Sphera

Notes:

Chapter 18

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha likes this.
  19. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Amazing details on the fascinating beings Luke and Mara encountered!
    They made a wonderful team as they dealt with the automated obstacles in the chamber.
    =D=

I love that he has finally admitted his true feelings for her. :)

Jâd Sphera likes this.
  20. JadeSphera

Dec 10, 2018

Team work is something Luke and Mara always do well ;) and I feel happy to know that this characteristic in their relationship is palpable in this story, your mention of it gives me the hint that I'm on the right track :D
    Thank you for being around to always leave a nice comment. It means a lot! [face_love]

21. Carlos Danger

Jul 25, 2013
    I'm back! Sorry, I was working overtime before Star Wars Celebration and then afterwards to make up the hours I missed during my unpaid vacation.

I am glad so see that Luke has finally admitted his true feelings for Mara...at least to himself
    Okay...let's hope Mara gives him permission to touch her repeatedly in the future. lol!

22. JadeSphera

Dec 10, 2018
    Hi @Carlos Danger !

So glad to have you back!
    Star Wars Celebration? What a wonderful holiday! [face_dancing]

Yes, Luke knows what he feels for Mara. He always has, but has been too stubborn to openly admit it! :rolleyes:[face_laugh]
    I know we all hope this relationship keeps developing into something that makes sparks fly! [face_mischief][face_tee_hee]

Thank you for taking the time to read and to leave a comment.

Every comment I get from people reading this story makes me feel like the time I so desperately try to find to sit down and write is utterly worth it. I know we’re all busy people, with real-life responsibilities and stuff [face_laugh], and it just amazes me how the love we have for these characters drives us to sometimes do crazy hours in order to spare the time to be with them.
    And I absolutely love it! [face_love]

Thanks again and have a wonderful week!

23. JadeSphera

Dec 10, 2018
    Provenance
    by Jâd Sphera

Notes:
    Many thanks to my wonderful Beta Reader @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha for the incredible support with proof-reading this story.
    Ny, You're the best!

Chapter 19

24. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    @Jâd Sphera !!!

Brilliant! This entire chapter!

First, Luke's natural questions relating to Mara's origins, the purpose of her being sealed at all, the choice she eventually has to make, and the Emperor's role in all of it.

Then, Mara's dream/memory -- talk about acting out a dream! :eek:

The duel was chilling! Shocking to both of them on so many levels!

[face_thinking]

Jâd Sphera likes this.
  25. JadeSphera

Dec 10, 2018
    Thank you @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha for your very nice comments.

I’m glad to hear that you found the duel “chilling” [face_nail_biting]That’s what I was going for! ;)

Yes, I imagined Luke and Mara’s shock while writing this… How they would respond to something like it. It was a very interesting write.

Thanks for reading and leaving a comment, it is great to have your feedback [face_love][face_love]