main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT RYL: PT Social Thread - World Chess Championship

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by cubman987 , Dec 28, 2019.

?

What's the best chess piece?

1. King

3.0%
  2. Queen

18.2%
  3. Pawn

3.0%
  4. The one that you can move like the L Tetris piece.

18.2%
  5. Rook

12.1%
  6. Bishop

3.0%
  7. Professor Plum in the billiard room with the candlestick

33.3%
  8. Uno!

9.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    [​IMG]

Hello all and welcome to The Second Annual RYL Awards (name pending) (TM)! Please check and follow this page to get announcement about the nominees and the awards which will be held January 4th and 5th, schedule is below.

For each category I will be announcing the top 5 vote getters, that way the nominees can prepare a speech and try to be sure and be here when the awards are announced. Some categories have fewer than 5 nominees, in those cases there was a tie for the 5th spot.

Thanks to everyone who voted and stay tuned!

Last edited: Jan 3, 2020
  2. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
  3. cubman987

Nov 7, 2014
  4. cubman987

Nov 7, 2014
  5. cubman987

Nov 7, 2014
  6. cubman987

Nov 7, 2014
  7. cubman987

Nov 7, 2014
  8. cubman987

Nov 7, 2014
  9. cubman987

Nov 7, 2014
  10. cubman987

Nov 7, 2014
    Best RYL Inside Joke:

JFK go do your homework
    The Max thing
    @Huttese 101 and @cubman987 "fake" feud
    The Order of Dandelo
    Sam Witwer

Last year it was JFK go do your homework, could be again this year?

11. cubman987

Nov 7, 2014
  12. cubman987

Nov 7, 2014
  13. cubman987

Nov 7, 2014
  14. cubman987

Nov 7, 2014
  15. cubman987

Nov 7, 2014
  16. cubman987

Nov 7, 2014
    Awards Schedule!!

Saturday January 4th at 12pm CST, presented by cubman987:

The Second Annual cubman987 Award for Outstanding Achievement in the Field of Excellence
    The Jerry Gergich Award for Nicest RYLer
    The Jar Jar Award for Funniest RYLer
    The RYL Meme Master Award

Saturday January 4th at 6pm CST, presented by @Guidman :

The Right Stuff Award for Best New RYLer
    The Tim “the tool man” Taylor Award for Most Improved
    The Sheldon Cooper Award for Geekiest RYLer

Sunday January 5th at 11am CST, presented by @heels1785 :

"The McQuarrie" RYL Artist Award
    The James Cameron Award for Best Avatar(s)
    The Pink Floyd Wish You Were Here Award for RYLer Who Should Post More

Sunday January 5th at 5pm CST, presented by cubman987:

Best RYL Inside Joke
    "The Gonzo" Award for Weirdest RYLer
    The Spam Award brought to you by Hormel Foods Corporation
    The Shari Lewis Award for Best Sock
    "The Lucas" - RYL MVP AWARD

17. cubman987

Nov 7, 2014
    [​IMG]
    Hello and welcome to the Second Annual RYL Awards (name pending)(TM)!! To kick us off we have a special musical performance! Please welcome the only band @Huttese 101 will listen to, Matchbox 20!!

Wow, what an average performance! Thanks Rob Thomas and whoever else is in the band! This morning I'll be presenting the following awards:

The Second Annual cubman987 Award for Outstanding Achievement in the Field of Excellence
    The Jerry Gergich Award for Nicest RYLer
    The Jar Jar Award for Funniest RYLer
    The RYL Meme Master Award

If you win it would be great if you could give a speech whenever you get a chance, I know not everyone can be here or have time right away so please feel free to whenever you get a chance! Okay, I'll be back to present out first award after a quick word from our sponsor, Flex Tape!

18. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Hey new thread who dis?

19. Guidman

Guidman Skywalker Saga Mod and Trivia Host star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 29, 2016
    The things we have to do for the RYL awards.
    [​IMG]

I'm wearing a french cuff shirt for crying out loud [face_plain].

20. cubman987

Nov 7, 2014
    And we are back. The first award to be handed out is The Second Annual cubman987 Award for Outstanding Achievement in the Field of Excellence a special award that where I pick the winner based on whatever criteria I want. Last year, @Guidman was our winner because of the help he gave me with the PT book club and Trivia, as well as being a great member of the community.

This year the winner is none other than former PT Moderator
    @heels1785 !!!

I'm giving heels this award because of all he's done for not only RYL, but the PT boards in general. He was a great mod for PT who helped bring about RYL. More importantly he's a great dude who is always here for anyone who needs him, even if his taste in sports teams leaves a lot to be desired. On a personal level he's been my biggest help when I have questions or need help with situations on the boards. So congratulations heels ol' buddy ol' pal, please feel free to give us a speech whenever you get a chance!

21. Blue_Aether

Blue_Aether Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 1, 2019
  22. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
  23. Guidman

Guidman Skywalker Saga Mod and Trivia Host star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 29, 2016
    Congrats @heels1785! Your life is bound to change now. Media appearances, book tour, you can skip any line you want. And last but not least, you get to say this every day:
    [​IMG]

24. christophero30

christophero30 Chosen One star 10

May 18, 2017
    I guess I have to wait a day to find out if I am the weirdest. Thinks of something normal to say. I got nothing.

25. cubman987

Nov 7, 2014
    The second award this morning is - The Jerry Gergich Award for Nicest RYLer!!

As a reminder, here are the nominees:

@ThisIsMe1138
    @Prime Jedi
    @Valency Jane
    @heels1785
    @El Jedi Colombiano

This particular race was SUPER close this year, with the final vote I received breaking a tie to give us a winner.

And the winner is.......for a second year in a row
    @Valency Jane !!!!

Congratulations VJ, please feel free to give us a speech whenever you get a chance!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.