main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

Challenge PT Write/ Rewrite v. 3.0 *Congrats GeneralKenobi7!!**

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by KELIA, Jul 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    Welcome to the Official Prequel Trilogy Scene Write/Rewrite Contest!

This game was started by Jedimasterbac in the Classic Trilogy forum and is still being played. The previous PT versionS can be found [link=http://boards.theforce.net/prequel_trilogy/b10669/25923836/p1/?309]here[/link] and [link=http://boards.theforce.net/prequel_trilogy/b10669/27091354/p1/?176]here[/link]

Contest Host: Kelia

The idea for this game was sparked by several members of the Classic Trilogy forum who have had some fun writing and rewriting scenes from the Classic Trilogy that people have had a lot of fun reading as well.

This is where anyone who has ever said to themselves, ?Hmm, I think this scene could be improved? and ?I?m a pretty creative person? and "What if this were to happen instead" can show us all what they?ve got! Take a moment to read the guidelines below and then be sure to sign up for the game during the appropriate time!

The premise of this game is simple: Kelia is going to pick a scene from the Prequel Trilogy to write or rewrite. There is no sign-up list as posting a scene write or rewrite automatically makes you a contestant. You will have one week to post your entries

1. The possible scene rewrite ideas that we give to you come in a variety of subjects, but they all relate to the Prequel Trilogy or the Prequel Trilogy era. The scenes picked can be either serious or humorous situations. For example, one week the topic may be, ?Write the first meeting of the founders of the Rebel Alliance,? and the next week could be, ?Jar-Jar?s big adventure: the story behind it.? This is meant to be a fun game and not too serious, so the topics will hopefully be balanced fairly. And yes, I?m sure we?re manage to cover the infamous dialogue crimes of Anakin and Padmé. wink

2. Contestants have one week (seven days) to submit their scene into the thread where it can be discussed by the members of the board. Once the deadline has passed, no late entries will be accepted and members will send their votes for their favorite scene to me via PM. You will have two days to submit this vote. Anyone can vote. You are allowed to vote for yourself.

3. Please do not PM members asking them to vote for you. We feel that this takes the fun out of the spirit of friendly competition and we wouldn?t want you to get into trouble. Remember, Mass PMing is a bannable offense.

4. If you have questions regarding the scene topic, please post them in the thread rather than PMing me. This way, those with the same or similar questions will have an answer as well. I will answer as soon as I can.

5. If you do not win the competition, do not fret. You will not be banned and you will be able to try again during the next round if you so choose.

6. The winner of the contest receives VIP with colors for one week.

7. The winner of a game can participate in the next game unless it gets to be a case where the same person wins each time. If this happens, I will prevent those people from playing two or three games just to make things fair.

8. When the new round begins, a new scene will be chosen and the above steps will be repeated once again.

9. If you have scene suggestions by all means, please PM me. We will be starting afresh, due to the new prize, so the entire prequel trilogy is open at our fingertips!

10. Above all, have fun and good luck!!

[face_good_luck] [face_good_luck] [face_good_luck] [face_good_luck]

2. KELIA

Jul 26, 2005
    Welcome to the new Pt Write/Rewrite Challenge Thread.

I, Kelia, am the new hostess. I want to take a moment to thank the former hosts, KrystalBlaze and Jinngerbread for their time hosting this great challenge =D= =D= =D= I hope I can do as good a job as they both did.

And now, it's time for a new challenge! :D

Obi-Wan fans, this one?s for you.

In TESB, we learn 2 things new things about Obi-Wan:

"There is much anger in him. Like his father"

"Was I any different when you trained me?"

And

"You are reckless"

"So was I if you remember"

Huh?

Obi-Wan full of anger and reckless? :eek: :eek: And trained by Yoda? :eek: :eek:

Your challenge: Write a scene showcasing Obi-Wan with much anger or being reckless or both while being trained by Yoda. It can be any kind of scene, angst, drama or even humor, it?s totally up to you. Deadline: will be one week from today, July 31 at midnight board time.

Please post your entries here: [link=http://boards.theforce.net/Message.aspx?topic=28823705&brd=10669&start=28823724]PT Scene Write/Rewrite Thread[/link]

Friendly Reminder: Please refrain from posting your entry on the Fan Fic boards until the winner of the current challenge is announced.

Have fun! :)

3. Alexis_Wingstar

Alexis_Wingstar Jedi Master star 4

Sep 16, 2006
    Oh, I love this challenge. [face_dancing] I always wondered about that part in TESB because in the prequel trilogy there was no hint of Obi-wan being angry or reckless... arrogant and impatient, especially in TPM, but angry (except when Qui was killed, but then that's a natural reaction). On top of that, his master was Qui-gon, not Yoda (not that I don't adore Qui, but that had me very confused).

4. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Great challenge! I won't get to participate, but I love it! :D Thanks to Jinngerbread, and thanks to KELIA for taking on this challenge thread! =D= =D=

5. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Force Ghost star 9

Mar 26, 2001
    Good use of all that dialogue.

6. LilyHobbitJedi

LilyHobbitJedi Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 29, 2005
    Great idea for a challenge, I do love Obi. [face_love]

7. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Force Ghost star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    love this challenge and maybe he was reckless and angry when he was an initiate. And we knew Yoda trained initiates. Great challenge to write a lil-Obi story

8. JediXManSerenaKenobi

JediXManSerenaKenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 27, 2007
    Excellent challenge, Kelia! And congrats on becoming the new hostess!

- Serena

9. Jinngerbread

Jinngerbread Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 2, 2007
    Thanks so much for taking up the mantle, Kelia! Nice new challenge, looks interesting!

10. KELIA

Jul 26, 2005
    Just a friendly reminder, all entries are due by midnight board time tonight.

Happy writing! :)

11. Alexis_Wingstar

Sep 16, 2006
    I forgot about this! :oops: I'm not sure if i can get something written in time.

12. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    I have one in (lil Obi is so cute to write)

13. KELIA

Jul 26, 2005
    If an extension is need, I'm happy to comply :D

I'll move the deadline to Monday, August 4th at Midnight board time.

14. Alexis_Wingstar

Sep 16, 2006
    Thank you. :D [:D]

15. Alexis_Wingstar

Sep 16, 2006
    BTW, you need a link to the current thread of the PT rewrite where we should post.

16. KELIA

Jul 26, 2005
    It's there after the challenge but here it is again:

[link=http://boards.theforce.net/Message.aspx?topic=28823705&brd=10669&start=28823724]PT Scene Write/Rewrite Thread[/link]

17. Alexis_Wingstar

Sep 16, 2006
    Oh [face_blush] I was looking for it in the first post.

18. KELIA

Jul 26, 2005
    Okay - the deadline has past.

I want to congratulate earlybird-obi-wan for a great entry

=D= =D= =D= =D=

Enjoy your colors! :):)

The next challenge will be up one week from today when earlybird's colors expire.

19. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Force Ghost star 9

Mar 26, 2001
    Congrats, early.

20. Alexis_Wingstar

Sep 16, 2006
    Congratulations, earlybird, I can't wait to see your colors ;)

I couldn't finish my fic on time 'cause of DRL, but I will finish it some day, 'cause I like the plotline... it just won't be for this challenge. But, I must officially thank Kelia for the plot bunny :D

21. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Thanks all [:D] and Kelia for the great plotbunny.
    And for my colours Red are just fitting for a firefighter

22. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Congrats, earlybird!!

23. KELIA

Jul 26, 2005
    Challenge 2

A character we don't see as the center of a fic very often is Palpatine. Your challenge is to write a scene with Palpatine as the main character. You can include any other character(s) and it can be any genre.

Deadline will be one week from today, Monday August 25th, at midnight board time.

Happy writing! :)

24. Alexis_Wingstar

Sep 16, 2006
    Can it be part of a story already posted as long as we only post the scene in the prequel rewrite thread at first?

25. KELIA

Jul 26, 2005
    As long as the scene itself is new, that's fine.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.