main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Pure speculation prediction for VIII

Discussion in 'Star Wars: New Films - No Spoilers Allowed' started by Padawan Coalesce, Apr 15, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Padawan Coalesce

Padawan Coalesce Jedi Master star 1

Jun 18, 1999
    I'm going to make a prediction for what Rian Johnson is to do with SW VII, but it is strictly speculation. After recently watching his movie Brick and re-watching Loop I think we may get a suspense mystery Star Wars. If that happens, many fans won't like it. It may not perform as well as some think it should at the box office. Critics will love it, and it may end up being the best Star Wars ever. I the among most hardcore fans ESB is their favorite, but it also didn't perform as well in the box office.
    How will people respond to something very different than anything we've seen in the SW universe thus far?

BTW if you haven't seen Brick, watch it this weekend. It was great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. CowMoo

CowMoo Jedi Master star 3

Aug 12, 2001
    it has been a while since I have watched "Brick" or "Looper", but both films had an edgier feel than J.J. Abram's prior films before "The Force Awakens". Both "Brick" and "Looper" were rated "R" for example. JJ. Abram's films usually were rated PG-13. Interestingly, we had a bit of a mystery in "Attack of the Clones" which Episode VIII might take some cues of. Just based out of "Brick" and "Looper", I think there might be:

- some additional depth into the grey areas between the "light" and the "dark". I don't know if that means meandering more into privateers, smuggling, mercenaries, or perhaps a taste of the "dark side" with some of the heroes.
    - possibly some additional gore, or at least some other potentially uncomfortable violence or trauma (of a physical or possibly psychological kind). Guess I might be thinking of "Looper" which was fairly violent in a dark way from what I remember.

3. Dark Ferus

Dark Ferus Chosen One star 8

Jul 29, 2016
    I'm not going to say common predictions, just ones I've not seen.

Luke is conflicted on whether or not to leave his isolation.
    Leia blames Luke for what happened.
    Kylo kills Leia or Finn. The latter would push Rey to the dark side.
    Leia kills Kylo.
    Snoke is General Hux playing a trick on Kylo.
    Finn is linked to Kylo.
    Unkar Plutt sets a bounty for Rey and/or Finn.
    Someone important is captured at the end

4. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    All of this can be discussed in the various individual threads. Locking.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.