main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Senate QAnon Casualties

Discussion in 'Community' started by Bacon164, Sep 21, 2020.

1. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    This didn’t age well.

2. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    It aged like milk. Personally, I don't laugh at them. You can't laugh at them.

Rew, solojones, Bacon164 and 2 others like this.
  3. Sauntaero

Sauntaero Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 9, 2003
    Ugh, I jsut tried to post some facts (namely, that Biden is actually the president-elect) on a friend's post and had to disengage after the elite pedophile sex trafficking ring was brought up. I really just can't anymore.

She literally posted that in her reality Joe Biden is not the president-elect and a dozen other people jumped right on board with it. How can we possibly have a conversation when people are actively rejecting reality?

Vialco, Pensivia, Juliet316 and 2 others like this.
  4. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    It's "Not My President!" turned up to 11.

Pensivia and solojones like this.
  5. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    They are a bunch of @#&$@ who don't deserve sympathy or understanding. Mockery, totally.

DarthRamRod and Juliet316 like this.
  6. TrandoJedi

TrandoJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2011
    I used to laugh and make fun of Qanon and the last year I realized a majority of my family and probably state believe in such nonsense and I don't laugh so much anymore. More like fear now.

Pensivia and solojones like this.
  7. a star war

a star war Force Ghost star 5

May 4, 2016
    Ok but like it’s actually bad to not take them seriously?

tom and Adam of Nuchtern like this.
  8. Adam of Nuchtern

Adam of Nuchtern Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012
    [​IMG]

KyleKartan, Vialco, BigAl6ft6 and 5 others like this.
  9. Pensivia

Pensivia Force Ghost star 5

Apr 24, 2013
    Heard this short piece on NPR yesterday (the audio is 7 minutes but there's also a full transcript on the page):

How QAnon-Like Conspiracy Theories Tear Families Apart
    Political conspiracy theories are pushing some family relationships to the breaking point. NPR's Audie Cornish talks with Dannagal Young of the University of Delaware about how to mend those rifts.

In terms of specific advice, here's an excerpt:

I listened to the whole thing, but it wasn't clear to me what the next steps would be beyond reconnecting with the person emotionally--i.e., if solid evidence and logical argumentation won't work to start with, at what later point would it be effective? Or was the expert suggesting that a person could successfully come out of such a mindset based on just the emotional connection with the family member trying to reach them? I don't have anyone in my life who is a QAnon-er, but my heart goes out to people who have experienced the kind of painful family ruptures described in the first part of the piece and are trying to figure out how best to bring their family members "back."

10. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I have several family members who are conservative minded, but they all loath this movement and believe it's a step waaaaaay too far. I count myself super fortunate that this hasn't effected us yet. Social media can be a very dangerous tool, and Qanon is the perfect example of this.

11. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
  12. Adam of Nuchtern

Adam of Nuchtern Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012
  13. afrojedi

afrojedi Jedi Master star 4

Oct 23, 2015
    It's pretty infuriating to think people who knew better worked to cultivate this mentality. For people like Cruz and Hawley, it's just back to the drawing board, but those they've brainwashed it's causing not only damage to them, but to others they touch..

14. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    I saw that video a little while ago. I did genuinely feel bad for her.

At the same time, if this is how she feels now, think about what she would be doing at this moment if they had somehow succeeded in re-installing their dictator to power. She would be absolutely reveling in her renewed sense of supremacy, and advocating for a scorched earth policy on anything or anyone that went against her beliefs in the slightest.

Don't forget where these people would be and what they would be doing right now if they had succeeded. Theoretically I mean, I'm not saying there was actually some chance for them to succeed in the first place. But don't get caught up in the feel good moments right now of seeing Biden inaugurated, and think now is the time to forgive and forget when it comes Qanon. Because those same people would be stepping on your neck right now if it meant that it would increase Trump's chances of remaining in power.

15. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    They're bad people, yes. But that doesn't negate the fact that their weaknesses were manipulated in order to serve someone even worse.

16. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    I don't feel bad for her at all. Her entire meltdown is predicated on her wishing to overturn the results of a legitimate election. Oh well.

17. MotivateR5D4

Apr 20, 2015
    There's recognizing they were manipulated.

And there's trying to earn righteous morality points by telling everybody we should all suddenly have a heart towards Qanon followers. Which is what it seems like the guy in those tweets is doing.

18. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    Haha look at the crazy Q person.

This woman is not well. I don’t think sharing videos of her in pain will help that.

Rew likes this.
  19. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    A large dose of reality will be good for these people, no? It should ultimately relieve some anxiety, no? How can it not? When you think the world is coming to an end, and it doesn't, it has to bring some relief. For some people, I hope.

20. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    I don't think Robert Evans, a journalist who frequently clashes with the far right, is interested in "having a heart" for QAnon followers. He explicitly said he doesn't want to "reach across the aisle." He just wants people to recognize the lasting consequences this movement will have on the well-being of millions of people and the societal impact it will have.

21. Bacon164

Bacon164 Chosen One star 8

Mar 22, 2005
    QAnon followers are our friends and family. To me it isn’t about righteousness or morality but about truly reckoning with the enormity of the damage unregulated tech, bad faith actors, and politicians have had on millions of people for at least the last four years.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2021
  22. MotivateR5D4

Apr 20, 2015
    All of that will come in its time. Now isn't it.

Again, think about what these people would be doing at this moment if there was an actual way they could keep Trump in power by their efforts.

23. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    There's not going to be a reckoning.

No, because I don't care.

Bacon164 likes this.
  24. Bacon164

Bacon164 Chosen One star 8

Mar 22, 2005
    I’m well aware and I still think the Biden administration should be tackling regulating regulating and dismantling big tech on day 1. This isn’t about empathizing with Q victims, but it is about holding the machinations of Q accountable for the damage they’ve done to society, and yes, Q victims. Today.

25. mnjedi

mnjedi JCC Arena Game Host star 5 VIP - Game Host

Nov 4, 2012
    Obviously it’s not going to be uniform over the whole group, but I wonder if the realization of being duped is about the entirety of the whole blood drinking satanist conspiracy or if it’s specifically about Trump as the savior? Because the difference is going to have significant ramifications going forward.

MotivateR5D4 likes this.