main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Quad City Jedi Order

Discussion in 'Archive: Quad Cities' started by Darrin_Sith, Dec 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darrin_Sith

Darrin_Sith Jedi Youngling

Dec 26, 2005
    The QCJO has been re-opened. View the new web site and see it's superior power.

2. Darrin_Sith

Dec 26, 2005
    http://www.qcjo.com

3. Illd_Saber

Illd_Saber Jedi Youngling star 1

May 16, 2005
    Looks good.

BTW, you have "rideo" instead of "video".

With Star Jedi, don't hold down the shift key when typing V.

4. Darrin_Sith

Dec 26, 2005
    umm where do i have that at? i dont have video written in the star jedi font.

5. Illd_Saber

May 16, 2005
    In the nav menu on the left right between "forums" and "photo." On my machine, it shows up as "rideo" and it links to http://www.qcjo.com/Video.html.

[image=http://www.qcroguesquadron.com/images/rideo.jpg]

6. Darrin_Sith

Dec 26, 2005
    wierd on everyone else' machine that font doesn't even show up on the side like that...wierd..is that on every page?

7. Illd_Saber

May 16, 2005
    It's only like that on the main page and photo page. On the video page, it's in Arial.

Part of the problem may be that I have Star Jedi installed on my machine. You'll only have this problem on machines that have this font ... and considering you're target group is SW fans, that could be a lot of people.

Also, the Members and Contact links go nowhere and the Read More links under the feature members are dead to ... I'm guessing it's a Java thing.

8. Darrin_Sith

Dec 26, 2005
    no, the links are dead becuase they are under construction...as stated on the front page

9. Jedi_Twin18th

Jedi_Twin18th Jedi Youngling

Jun 3, 2005
    The site did get a little bit of a new layout. It's kinda funny after you get everything how you think you want it, you look at it a second, then you freaking hate the layout. yeah so it looks much cleaner I think.

10. TT_Boy

TT_Boy Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 13, 2004
    The old QCJO site has been closed down by me and a new site with MUCH LESS of a Star Wars theme will be taking its place in May. Star Wars has ran its full course with the QCJO, though there will still be photos and group info up on the site it will not be looking to make new Star Wars fans but to make new *non-Star wars* QCJO memebers. We want to open up to other movies and other costume ideas. To start a group that is not focused on just Star Wars but new films and new ideas about "Fan groups."

So please give me sometime to layout the site.

We will have:
    - New costumes *Not SW*
    - New Prop Projects
    - Up dated News
    - Up dated meetings info
    - Our own Message baords * Still going to use TF.NET *
    ( website based)

11. Illd_Saber

May 16, 2005
    I would like to once again extend an invitation to any SW fans who simply want to geek out with other SW fans to consider joining the QCRS. Our numbers are growing and we have some interesting and fun things planned for the upcoming months.

Also, the best of luck to the QCJO and their continued endeavors with costuming and movie fandom.

12. Achilles_of_Edmonton

Achilles_of_Edmonton Jedi Youngling star 4

May 13, 2005
    Have you guys thought about a name change?

Obviously Quad City Jedi Order is a distinctly Star Wars inspired group title.

Quad City Fan Order doesn't have the same ring to it and you may be adverse to have the initals FO in your abbreviation because of the implications. :oops: Besides you've developed a reputation in the community, relationships and so on with the original title. The group has come together from a common love of Star Wars and it seems that the unique attraction of that particular content is the glue for any fan group that began that way.

With the TV series plans and the future of Celebration coming down the pipeline I'm sure you guys will come back to it now and again though.

Good luck.

13. Han_Jones

Han_Jones Jedi Youngling

Jan 30, 2005
    Star Wars is what we are know for that much is sure and that will never change. We still get invites to alot of stuff. We are doing a scout meeting and birthdays this month. There will never be any new films and I can deal with that. The films were the time to shine. That was when the world was watching. Now Star Wars is walking the fine line that Star Trek crossed. There is such a thing as to much. I will see the tv show and the 3-d versions but I think it is getting very closr to overkill. Star Wars is not what it used to be before the prequels. There was some mystery to things and now we know everthing, like underneath Vader is a crazy backstreet boy. QCJO has gone as far as you can go with Star Wars and now we are going off to otheer movies and costumes. I am fine tuning my favorite character ever, Indiana Jones, Steven is doing Jack Sparrow and 3po. Kustas is obbsessed with V and working hard on it. Everyone in this group has this understanding, we will never stop doing Star Wars but now is the time to have fun with other characters. As far as another Celebration goes, if it isn't close aka in East Moline I would most liklry now go.

14. TT_Boy

TT_Boy Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 13, 2004
    Well the site is coming along good. It will be up sooner then I thought, we will have much more information on what the QCJO are doing for meetings and events. You may see a new group name called Quad City Raiders this is for the new website layout. We will also have a memeber registration forum to help keep track of everyone.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.