main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Queer Eye for the Jedi (Humor/Parody) Complete!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Tilly, Feb 23, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rxchiquita

rxchiquita Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 21, 2003
    This is so much fun, Tilly!!! You really nail each of the FabFive's personalities...especially Carson!

***standing ovation of snaps to you, dahling***

2. A-Windsor

A-Windsor Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 22, 2003
    lmao........................

my goodness gracious this is hilarious... wonderful job!

A. Windsor

3. Dancing_Jansons

Dancing_Jansons Jedi Master star 3

Oct 1, 2002
    Easy there, jackass, you're not startin' a motor!

I'll just up this for you because I read it again and it's still funny.

4. Jedi-2B

Jedi-2B Jedi Master star 4

Nov 2, 2000
    Funny all around, Tilly. Luke was an incredibly good sport, and everyone's reactions were great! Hope to see more stories from you in the future.

5. Reesie

Reesie Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 26, 2002
    Masterful!! But where's Mara's reaction?

6. LadyPadme

LadyPadme Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 26, 2002

Oh

My

God

That was simply hilarious, stupendous, and wonderful! I was ROLLING when I read this! I've never seen Queer Eye for the Straight Guy, but your characterization of Luke and a makeover was a sheer marvel.

Bravo! Bravo! Bravo!

Brilliant!

* tosses bouquet of roses *

7. maramijade

maramijade Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 17, 2000
    Ohhh Gosh!!!

That was great!!! My boyfreind and mother must think I've lost my mind :D

I've been laughing so hard.

I've never even seen Queer Eye before :D (poor deprived Marami, no cable in her house ;) )

8. Gabri_Jade

Gabri_Jade Fanfic Archive Editor Emeritus star 5 VIP

Nov 9, 2002
    Oops, forgot to respond. I was just thinking that a new episode was on tonight, and was reminded. [face_blush]

KYAN, crossing his fingers: Use the mousse, Luke.

*giggles* Well, someone had to say it. :p

Onscreen, Luke is putting on the dark blue outfit. He is about to fasten the clasp to the cloak but he pauses.

CARSON, excitedly: Ooh, look, he?s gonna try it again!

JAI: He?s practicing, how cute!

[face_laugh] That is SO Carson and Jai! [face_laugh]

LEIA, gesturing at him: Well, go on, turn around! Let?s see the whole picture!

Luke obliges, doing a graceful turn while unhooking the fastener on the cloak, and finishing the turn by sweeping the cloak off his shoulders in a dramatic swirl.

CARSON: He did it! He did it! Ohhh, he really does love me.

Look at Luke go. :D

HAN: You?re blonde, kid!

KYAN, muttering: Why does everyone keep saying that...

LUKE, chuckling: Yeah, well, at least I?m not wearing the leather pants!

WEDGE, shocked: Leather pants?? My entire view of the galaxy just shifted about 180 degrees. I need a drink.

*laughs* I can so see it! Leia would be all happy and supportive, and Han and Wedge and the rest of the guys would be in shock. :p

HOBBIE, waving his hand as he chuckles: You don?t want to wear those leather pants.

CARSON, huffily: Pudgy?s just jealous because he could never wear leather pants.

*shakes head* Poor Hobbie . . . Although 'huffy' is just the perfect word to describe Carson in a snit! :D

CARSON: Y?know, I?ve been practicing my Jedi Mind Trick.

KYAN: Really?

CARSON, waving his hand at the camera: You will fade to black.

-screen fades to black-

*giggles* Seriously, I want to see Carson with the power of the Jedi mind trick.

So cool, Tilly! I never would have thought about this sort of crossover, let alone believed it could work so well! I love it! :D :D :D

9. Tilly

Tilly Jedi Youngling

Oct 21, 2003
    Whoops, fallin' down on my posting here! I go back into lurkdom, reading everybody else's stuff and forget about mine. Thanks to everyone who said such terrific things about my little story here! So, let's see here...

Jaina_and_Jag: Thanks!! Y'know, someone else asked for a sequel too, so I've definitely got something to think about! And if I do write it, let's hope it won't take another four months. [face_blush]

rxchiquita: *takes bow* Thank you! I just love Carson to pieces, almost as much as I love Luke. ... Nah, that's a lie, but I do love Carson. ;)

A-Windsor: *counts to self* So, I'm up to... let's see here... five laughed-off rear ends? I should start a health club... :D Thanks!!

Dancing_Jansons: I'll just thank you and pester the snot out of you to write something. And this time, I'll get legions of pester-helpers!

Jedi-2B: Thanks! I imagine even Luke's patience was tested, but Jedi cool-headedness prevailed. As did the swirly blue cape, which for some reason I just had to include. I think I saw it on a book cover but I forget what book... anybody know? Am I just hallucinating again?

Reesie: Y'know, I actually started to put Mara in the end of this, and it got completely out of hand. Started to turn into another whole story! Hm... another story... *eyes light up* I also have this thing where I can never write Mara quite the way I want her to turn out. Maybe I'll try a little vignette and see what happens. Or maybe I'll write another ending for this with Mara in it.

LadyPadme: Oooh, roses! Thank you so much! It relieves me to hear everyone saying that Luke was pretty much in character. It's always hard to pluck him out of the GFFA and still try to get him to act right!

maramijade: Thank you! I love making people laugh! :D I love it even more than it's funny even to people who haven't seen the show! (And hey, cable probably rots your brain anyway. I've lost a good 1/4 of mine to Bravo and Comedy Central.)

Gabri_Jade: Thanks! :) I was actually surprised this hadn't been done to death before, but maybe it's something people talk about but nobody's nuts enough to actually do it. Except me. I was also actually surprised that it worked out as well as it did. When Jansons told me I should write it, I thought, Nah, that'd be too ridiculous; I could never do it. But you poke me with a stick enough times and I'll do pretty much anything. ;) As for poor Hobbie, I said before that the SoA "I feel fat" conversation carved a special place in my heart for good ol' Hobs.

And I just couldn't pass up a "Use the _____, Luke" reference. :D

Thanks again, EVERYONE!

*jogs off to poke under bed and look for more plot bunnies*

Tilly

10. Wedge_Antilles_Cmdr

Wedge_Antilles_Cmdr Jedi Master star 3

May 22, 2002
    [color=006699]That was just priceless, Tilly :D - It motivates me to get on my friend Wes *not real name but...* to work some more on our story about Wes teaching Wedge how to talk to women - gasp - even ask one out on a date - and how to dress in something other than an orange flightsuit or his uniform.

Wedge :>o<:[/color]

11. Tilly

Tilly Jedi Youngling

Oct 21, 2003
    If you're referring to the infamous "Wes Janson's How to Talk to Women 101", home of the infamous line: Wes - girls scare me, I heartily agree--there needs to be more more MORE written!

That story cracks me up. Poor Wedge. Girls scare me, too, and I am one!

Thanks for the feedback! :D *tosses feedback to bunnies* Have at it, guys.

Tilly

12. Wedge_Antilles_Cmdr

May 22, 2002
    [color=006699]Yep :D that's the one and Wes is going to be up here next week on vacation and I am going to bug the Sith out of him and try to work on it.

13. That_Jedi_Girl

That_Jedi_Girl Jedi Youngling

Mar 4, 2004
    Oh god, this is the best. I love it!

14. Tilly

Tilly Jedi Youngling

Oct 21, 2003
    Wedge_Antilles_Cmdr: *in Mr. Burns voice* Eeeexcellent. If he needs any encouragement, just tell him a rabid Michigan girl is foaming at the mouth waiting for more of it!

That_Jedi_Girl: Thanks much! It makes me warm and fuzzy to get such nice feedback--like being buzzed, only without the actual drinking. ;)

15. Laura_Anu

Laura_Anu Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 27, 2002
    This was so funny! I love Luke's new blonde hair! If you ever feel like writing a sequel.....please do!

16. Tilly

Tilly Jedi Youngling

Oct 21, 2003
    Laura_Anu: Thanks! I've got my eye on a few others in need of makeovers... *eyes Rogue Squadron*

I'm also pondering (which is Tillyspeak for "started writing it but got stuck") an Epilogue with Mara's reactions and hopefully a little more hilarity. Give 'em what they ask for! :) Thanks again!

17. Gabri_Jade

Gabri_Jade Fanfic Archive Editor Emeritus star 5 VIP

Nov 9, 2002
    I'm also pondering (which is Tillyspeak for "started writing it but got stuck")

LOL! Tillyspeak and Gabrispeak are remarkably similar. :p One more vote for Mara's reactions to the makeover, Tilly. ;)

18. Wedge_Antilles_Cmdr

May 22, 2002
    [color=006699]Oooooo a Rogue Squadron makeover - Queer Eye for the Straight Guys :D *ahhmm* anyway - will be looking forward to it.

On an other note - See WAAS for updates on Wes Janson's How to Talk to Women parts 2,3 and 4 and be prepared for some changes in direction *wink wink nudge nudge say no more*

19. Jaina_and_Jag

Jaina_and_Jag Jedi Master star 5

Apr 19, 2003
    Congrats on Best Crossover!!! :D =D=

20. Tilly

Tilly Jedi Youngling

Oct 21, 2003
    *sheepishly toes the ground*

So, er... I suck. I broke my computer awhile back and just now got a new one that's finally all set up. Though I have a habit of disappearing and reappearing anyway, this time was indeed computer trauma-related.

Dancing_Jansons was kind enough to tell me today that this had won Best Crossover in the Fan Fiction Summer Challenge, and I was absolutely floored, because holy effing eff, that's amazing! I'm still floored, actually, and I want to say a million billion trillion thanks to whoever nominated and voted for this.

So I hope you all don't think I'm an ungrateful snob, because I'm about as grateful as you can get!! I just didn't know! :)

Much love, many hugs, and happy times to all!

-Tilly

21. ThrawnRocks

ThrawnRocks Jedi Master star 6

Apr 10, 2004
    [face_laugh]

I love it!!

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

22. Angel_Jedi_Master

Angel_Jedi_Master Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 18, 2002
    ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE YOU! Thank you for writing this! I'm gonna print it out and force everyone I know to read it! "Must...not...make...lightsabre...refrence..." oh that was great.

Yes and with Jai, I've comepletely stopped caring that he's gay, he's pretty.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.