main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Nash, TN Quest for Vengeance - A Fan Film

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by elanrai, Dec 12, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. elanrai

elanrai Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 6, 2000
    Just thought I'd start a new topic on the new fan film some of us are working on. If anyone is into filming star wars, etc. do post on. I am interesting in hearing from all the fans who are into this are want to be. Greets to all!

2. Hama

Hama Retired GSA, Retired RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2000
    You're into filming SW movies? Hey, me too! Maybe we should get together sometime! ;)

(elanrai and I are currently working on "Quest For Vengeance" together, for those of you reading this who don't know)

3. elanrai

Dec 6, 2000
    No way! I hate making SW movies!! Hahaha... just kidding. =)

4. elanrai

Dec 6, 2000
    Just to let everyone know, "The Duel" from the upcoming movie is in editing mode. Rotoscoping has taken place on the bulk of it and having LOADS of fun. I will give an update when a trailer of some sort is available. Later!

5. Hama

Jun 14, 2000
    //drools

6. elanrai

Dec 6, 2000
    Don't drool too much now, Hama! I don't want to hype up the footage too bad!!

:ROTFL

7. Hama

Jun 14, 2000
    //towels off his chin

8. elanrai

Dec 6, 2000
    Hey Hama, we can get together Sunday if it is good for you. I will show you what I have so far and we can talk about getting a chapter together, the movie, etc. Let me know what you think.

9. Hama

Jun 14, 2000
    Sounds good. I'll be there sometime between 1:00-1:30.

10. elanrai

Dec 6, 2000
    Cool deal.

11. elanrai

Dec 6, 2000
    Hey Hama, I am off tonight (1/3) after 7pm and off tomorrow. If you want to drop by or meet, just lemme know. Adios!

12. Hama

Jun 14, 2000
    Still no car. The transmission should be done by tomorrow (1/4).

13. elanrai

Dec 6, 2000
    Is tomorrow night too soon, or do you want to shoot for sometime next week?

14. Hama

Jun 14, 2000
    Better wait. It's been pretty crazy lately. I just got back from a funeral for the State Trooper that was killed in the line of duty earlier this week. Better make it next weekend.

15. elanrai

Dec 6, 2000
    Update from the QFV Movie Team:
    ----------------------------------
    Just to give everyone the lowdown who is interested; we are getting together for our 3rd shooting spree in principle photography. The movie is still projected to be released this summer if all goes well. If not, it will be an early to mid fall release. We'll keep you posted!

16. maulsqueen

maulsqueen Jedi Youngling

Aug 2, 2000
    Wow! I didn't know that ppl make fan films. I've never seen one, but good luck to you all!!!

17. Hama

Jun 14, 2000
    It'll be a good one... we'll try to upload a trailer soon.

18. elanrai

Dec 6, 2000
    Hey Hama,

I know this if off-topic, but how do you change the way your login ID looks? I noticed yours had a different appearance this time around.

19. maulsqueen

maulsqueen Jedi Youngling

Aug 2, 2000
    I look forward to seeing it!!

20. Hama

Jun 14, 2000
    The colors are for VIP's, city reps, regional admins, global admins, and JC admins. I can change it anytime. I "decided" to change it when zerosleep (tech admin) did some work on the boards, which reset all the admin colors back to the default red letters on clear background.

21. elanrai

Dec 6, 2000
    Oh ok. Just wondered. See ya this weekend!

22. Obi-Wan_Knievel

Obi-Wan_Knievel Jedi Youngling

Jul 20, 2000
    Wow- your actually shooting! Now your ahead of us! We've gotten bogged down in custom and changing certain scenes. Apparently our risque night club scene has drawn the ire of a few individuals, and we've been asked to tone it down a bit. So now we're re-story boarding it. One day we will be out of post-production. Also we're having to coordinate w/the owner of the tower so we can get it for a couple of nights when it's closed. AARRGH...what was it Obi-Wan said about damn foolish crusades? Anyway keep me posted on how things are going on your guys shoot. We're trying to keep a November release date, we should make it as long as all principal photography wrapped by June. Which we should be able to do.

Obi

23. Hama

Jun 14, 2000
    Pretty much all of the shooting was done over the weekend (except for a few shots which will be done in Arkansas). All of my scenes were done, anyway. The first trailer should be out soon, and I think we're on schedule for a May release.

24. elanrai

Dec 6, 2000
    Hey Obi,

Things are going pretty smoothly now. We were in a rut there for a bit when there wasn't much going on. Most principle photography is finished except for a few scenes, plus the nightclub scene including Jon Bon Nebula. We are still on target for the May release. If worse comes to worse, we may have to back it up into the summer or late summer. I am pushing forward with the May deadline though. The website is going to get an overhaul over the next week. If you want to check out our site, Obi, it is at the following address: (and it is in my sig)

http://www.questforvengeance.com/

Let me know what you think and we could do to improve upon it. Have a good one!

ElanRai

25. elanrai

Dec 6, 2000
    Oh yeah Obi,

Let me know how you guys are coming along on your film. If you ever need any extra actors in your movie, do let me know. I know I am game for it since most of our principle photgraphy is over.

ElanRai

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.