main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

question on building a RST deck

Discussion in 'Archive: Games: CCG, TCG, and Boardgames' started by pinbstr300, Nov 26, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pinbstr300

pinbstr300 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 6, 2001
    If Im trying to build a Rebel Strike Team deck, what should be my main goals? should I try to blow the bunker, or just leave it alone and try controlling the ground with Ewoks and scouts? any feedback would be greatly appreciated. thanks :)

--C

2. Ocelot_X

Ocelot_X Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 16, 2001
    As long as you have The Shield Is Down!, go for blowing the Bunker. Make sure you start Strike Planning, and whatever else you want. You can start TSID, but you don't really need it until just before you blow the Bunker, so you can start other stuff and wait to draw it if you want. I don't know how popular it is post-R3, but a lot of the time people would start the Podracing interrupt with Strike Planning as their Effect. This is (or at least was) a great strategy because you usually ended up ready to blow up the Bunker at about the same time you won the Podrace. If you've got TSID out, which you should by that time, you retrieve 14 and they lose the same between the Bunker and the race. A sudden 28 Force swing, coupled with wiping out their hand, is very difficult to take in midgame and still come back. If they were racing too, and were foolish enough to put out Watto's Box, that swing jumps to 38, and all but guarantees you the game (of course, they'll be racing to win too, so it'll be much harder fought).

If you want to use Ewoks in a competitive deck, I suggest a TIGIH deck that starts Ewok Celebration.

3. Ultima_1

Ultima_1 Jedi Knight star 5

May 16, 2001
    I'd forget about Ewoks and focus on destroying the bunker and controlling the ground. Include every scout you have that is a Rebel plus Geezum to pull sites.

4. GUARDSMAN

GUARDSMAN Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 16, 2001
    I recently read a really good article in gamer 7 about a deck like your talking about. I strongly suggest having General Crix Madine because of his ability to take out scouts from the Reserve deck. Also make sure to have a throw me another charge interrupts and some explosive charges for your weapons, they should help in blowing away the bunker. I'd like to give you more tips, but I'm still new and dont want to give you bad advice. I don't know a lot of the cards in the article, but if you want, I can post the deck thats in the magazine. All you need to do is ask.

5. Spud The Hutt

Spud The Hutt Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 30, 1999
    Yes, definately put in 2 of Throw Me Another Charge and at least 3 charges. This way you can loose at least one of the charges if needed or if you're racing and you draw a charge you won't have to worry about needing to put your racing destiny away if you need it. Also, use Throw me another charge to track your destiny to blow up the bunker (with a destiny of 6 it's great for other decks too). Here's how it'll work:

1st - Play Throw Me Another Charge to pull a charge from reserve deck (even if you don't have one play it anyway). TMAC goes into your used pile and you track it. *Note: This works even better when you play another used interupt with a destiny of at least 4. That way you only need one charge on the bunker to get > 12.

2nd - Track TMAC. Now, this seems simple, but if you have The Shield is Down out and your opponent has Secret Plans out, then you need to make sure you allow for enough force to pay for retrieval. Then during your control phase, blow that sucker sky high!

The up sides of this deck have already been mentioned, however, that doesn't make this deck a sure fire thing. One major problem with this deck that can really bring on the hurt is that you can only drain for 1 at each Endor site until you blow up the Bunker. While it doesn't sound too bad, just try sitting there draining for 3 each turn while the Dark Side drains for 5 everywhere else. Plus, if your opponent is playing a quick drain deck and/ or manages to lure you away from Endor, well, your as good as Bantha poodoo. Stick to Endor until you can blow up the Bunker and make sure you pack some serious ground just in case they try being funny and come down with some of the Sith. And one last word of caution, when playing this deck, make sure you have either some anti-spy cards or at least somewhere else you can move to drain since blowing up the bunker, although very helpful, won't ususally win the game for you all by itself. Hope I was of some help.

Spud

6. Spud The Hutt

Spud The Hutt Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 30, 1999
    Hey Guardsman, that'd be great if you could post that article.

Thanx,
    Spud

7. GUARDSMAN

GUARDSMAN Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 16, 2001
    satrting (7)

1 Rebel Strike Team/Garrison Destroyed
    1 Endor
    1 Endor:Rebel Landing Site (Forest)
    1 Heading for the Medical Frigate
    1 Strike Planning
    1 Insurrection
    1 The Shield Is Down!

Locations (5)

1 Endor:Back Door
    1 Endor:Bunker
    1 Endor:Hidden Forest Trail
    1 Endor:Landin Platform (Docking Bay)
    1 Home one:Docking Bay

Charachters (15)

1 Chewbacca Of Kashyyyk
    1 Colonel Cracken
    1 Corporal Beezer
    1 Corporal Delevar
    1 Corporal Midge
    1 General Crix Madine
    1 General Solo
    1 Leia with Blaster Rifle
    1 Lietenant Blount
    1 Lieutenant Greeve
    1 Luke Skywalker, Jedi Knight
    1 Obi-Wan With Lightsaber
    1 Qui-Gon Jinn
    1 Sergeant Junkin
    1 Wedge Antilles, Red Squadron Leader

Starshps (6)

1 Artoo-Detoo In Red 5
    1 Red 6
    1 Red 7
    1 Red Squadron 1
    1 Tala 1
    1 Tala 2

Weapons (4)

2 Explosive Charge
    1 Luke's Lightsaber
    1 Qui-Gon Jinn's Lightsaber

Interrupts (13)

1 Double Agent
    1 Fallen Portal
    1 Gift Of The Mentor
    3 Insertion Planning
    1 Rebel Barrier
    1 The Bith Shuffle & Desperate Reach
    3 The Signal
    2 Throw Me Another Charge

Effects (7)

1 Battle Plan
    1 Close Air Support
    1 Menace Fades
    1 Squadron Assignments
    1 What're You Tryin'To Push On Us?
    1 Wise Advise
    1 Your Insight Serves You Well

Admirals Order (1)

1 I'll Take The Leader

Epic Event (1)

1 Deactivate The Shield Generator

Podracer (1)

1 Anakin's Podracer

Well Here is the deck that was in the gamer 7 article. It looks Pretty Good to me, but I haven't really played enough matches to know. Hope this deck helps you guys out.

8. Ultima_1

Ultima_1 Jedi Knight star 5

May 16, 2001
    That looks like a solid RST deck to me. I highly recommend it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.