main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Nash, TN Question on some props from BG

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by NewGuy917, Dec 21, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NewGuy917

NewGuy917 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2002
    Yo! Bowling Green is trying to get started on our props and I had a question. What material could I use for a lightsabre blade that would be durable for fighting yet not break the crap out of some knuckles. The ony thing I can think of would be some pole wrapped in PVC pipe insulation.

2. Bama_Trooper

Bama_Trooper Jedi Youngling star 1

May 23, 2002
    I hear that some use wood dowels inside a pvc pipe for practice blades.. doesn't "bow" like a hollow pipe would and takes a good hit without cracking.

As for avoiding the bleeding knuckes.... use the force!

3. Elan-Rai

Elan-Rai RSA Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 11, 2001
    Are you doing this for a fanfilm and plan on filling in the poles with lightsaber blades?

If so, Dylan and I used regular PVC pipe inside a metal hilt and rotoscoped in the lightsaber blades. We taped up the pipe with brightly colored tape so we could see the blades in motion. Worked great and no breaks. The only thing I'd do different is probably use a lighter hilt so we could swing a little faster. Remember, the key is to make it light so you can be agile. That way, it will look more realistic when you watch it. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.