main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LA, CA Questions, Complaints, Anything Else: Ep. V -The Thread Strikes Back

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by JediBith, Dec 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SoloJedi

SoloJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 10, 2001
    Well I finally got my new jedi belt and pouches i ordered from ebay ahile back!!! :D [face_dancing] This isn't the items that i mentioned last week...im still waiting for those.
    But this belt is so wizard!!!
    But now that i think of it, after EPIII noone will care about the jedi and will want to be a bad guy...
    oh well...guess if i could afford a stormtrooper costume, i'd get it too!
    Hope everyone is having good day.....or hope it gets better [:D] ;)

2. DarthHaskett

DarthHaskett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2003
    Okay, so I got the boots I ordered and took them into my local shoe place to see if they can paint them white (I haven't been able to find any white boots that won't make me look like hooker Leia) but apparently the taupe that I chose, the lightest color I could find, is still too dark. The shoe place won't do it (they say they can't). Do I try to do it myself despite the warning of a professional and lose the ability to return them or do I return the boots and just go with another costume?

3. JediBith

JediBith Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2001
    I've painted shoes before and it was fine. You won't be able to return them though. If they're the right style, go for it and don't look back. BTW I used acrylic paint. Waterproof once dry but handles well, like watercolors, when wet. Your only issue might be cracking, so keep the paint as thin as possible for coverage of the taupe.

4. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    So a couple of thin layers of white paint should suffice? Man, I just feel funny about this. I did buy relatively inexpensive boots... What kind of paint was it again?

5. JediBith

Nov 6, 2001
    Acrylic. At any good art store (comes in a tube). Plain ole white. VERY thin coats, to avoid cracking -- in fact, dilute with water while painting and apply several coats as needed (allow to dry between coats).

If you're nervous about this you could try that "nurse white" shoe polish I've seen at the market. I've never used it though, so I don't know how much coverage it affords...

6. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    Can I buy the stuff from Michaels or do you recommend buying a reputable brand? Is there a good brand? Maybe if I had a resident artist around who could steer me in the right direction... ;)

7. Skyryder

Skyryder Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 13, 2004
    Is anyone else noticing weird things with the board this morning? I see all our stuff, but it has the San Diego FF logo and stuff. If you go to SD, they have our logo and pictures. If you go to Collecting you see role playing and so on and so on...

8. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    I noticed it too and posted an "April Fools Day" thread which was deleted by gremlins. This probably will also.

9. Jiltedtoo

Jiltedtoo Jedi Master star 4

Nov 18, 2002
    Is anyone else noticing weird things with the board this morning?

.no gniog driew gnihtyna deciton yllaer t'nevah I

10. Adrian_Skywalker

Adrian_Skywalker Jedi Master star 3

Aug 11, 2004
    I see all our threads under different banners. I think this is April fools stuff hahaha!!!! =D Good 1.

11. Darth-Bubba

Darth-Bubba Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 11, 2002
    April Fools day sucks. It a pain in the A$$.

12. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    I couldn't tell if it was an april fools or not because I have trouble with the board almost everyday at work anyway.

13. DarthAstuart

DarthAstuart Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 28, 2000
    this april fool's gag is especially dumb since the headers may contain vital info for stuff like midnight madness tonight...it's not like there's nothing going on and you can just switch stuff with impunity.

shame on you, TF.n. SHAME!

14. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    I checked the OC one and there's nothing on their boards so I think it was just something our buddy MJF in the SDSWS pulled.

15. BithJedi

BithJedi Jedi Youngling

Apr 2, 2004
    I agree with DarthAstuart...plus, it's really hard to tell, with this color scheme, which threads have been read. Why are April Fool's gags almost always unfunny?

16. Darth-Bubba

Darth-Bubba Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 11, 2002
    guys settle down. Keep your panties on. It was funny, deal with it. None of your lives have changed.

Now smile.

17. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    I think it's funny. Maybe I'm the only one. Sorry. Oh, and it wasn't me. I'm not talented enough to pull off something like this.

18. DarthAstuart

DarthAstuart Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 28, 2000
    i will NOT smile! i...will...not...

i'm smiling!

aw, i can't stay mad at you, TF.n boards. get over here and let's have a snuggle. i lurv you.

19. NaboosPrincess

NaboosPrincess Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 14, 2001
    Gotta love April Fools' day. [face_love]

20. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    DA, you're funny!

21. JediBith

Nov 6, 2001
    BithJedi is cranky. JediBith is sleepy. No sense of humor is the result. Plus MOST of my boards have gone wonky to celebrate the day, and I'm just too tired to deal with it. Maybe I'll be feelin' the love too after a nap...

22. JediBith

Nov 6, 2001
    Thank the maker! All is right with the boards again...sorry, I just couldn't take it today!

23. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    I am sleepy. I got about 3 hours of sleep last night and now it's too late to sleep. Man!

24. JediBith

Nov 6, 2001
    JR, today's scroll is awesomely funny! Wish I'd put that on our shirts...

25. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    I agree very funny. I'm very tired.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.