main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Questions you would like to ask Lucas

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by darklordoftech, Apr 13, 2018.

1. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Thank you for donating the profits from the Disney sale to your educational foundation. What is your ideal vision for public education in America?

2. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I would hope he liked it seeing as he sunk over a 100 million of his own dollars into it.

darkspine10 likes this.
  3. The_Phantom_Calamari

The_Phantom_Calamari Force Ghost star 5

Nov 10, 2011
    He's described himself in the past as a "Buddhist Methodist." He's also said that he's come to the conclusion that "all religions are true." In that Charlie Rose interview from 2015 he stated that he believes there's something else out there though he doesn't know what, but that he believes most religions aren't really based on that so much as they're constructions used to fill "human psychological needs." So based on all that I would conclude that Lucas is actually somewhat of an agnostic, but one who believes that organized religions contain certain truths inasmuch as they reveal things about the nature of humanity's collective unconscious.

Also probably something about aliens. ;)

Last edited: May 27, 2018
    Lulu Mars and Ava G. like this.
  4. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    I'd like Lucas to just email me his complete outline for the Sequel Trilogy that he sold to Disney.

5. Ava G.

Ava G. Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2016
    Thanks. He and I are basically in agreement, then!

Last edited: May 28, 2018
    Lulu Mars likes this.
  6. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    Is there anything you regret regarding Star Wars?

7. jajje

jajje Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 16, 2013
    Where the heck were all your great buddies from the movie industry when you sat down to write the PT???

Did you use some kind of reversed psychology on everyone, including your producer McCallum, to make them think you badly did NOT need their help in crafting the story and finally the script???

Darth Downunder and Martoto77 like this.
  8. Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid

Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid Force Ghost star 6

Mar 13, 2014
    What actually went down in the duel the between Mace Windu and Darth Sidious? Did Mace really almost win? And what happened to Sidious's face?

9. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    He already provided an answer to those questions, both in the script and other BTS material.

10. Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid

Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid Force Ghost star 6

Mar 13, 2014
    Nice. I still want to ask him. You'll learn things in a conversation that can't be contained in a script of BTS book.

Martoto77 likes this.
  11. Moff Hylldar

Moff Hylldar Jedi Youngling

Jun 5, 2018
    [face_laugh]=D=

---

Wnat would be mostly on my mind would be why he didn't remain onboard LF even after it was sold to Disney? But that'd be crificism wrapped up as a question...

I suppose I'd ask what his original plan was for the midichlorides and whether he planned to reveil them to be linked to Shmi's immaculate conception... (and possibly a plan designed by Plagueis - or his pupil..)

Last edited: Jun 11, 2018
    Ava G. likes this.
  12. BadCane

BadCane Jedi Master star 4

Oct 28, 2015
    He answered that question by saying that people at LFL didn't want to use any of his ideas, so he left.

Moff Hylldar likes this.
  13. Martoto77

Martoto77 Jedi Master star 5

Aug 6, 2016
    I would hope that his answer would be, at least in part, that it was less reliant on the charity of billionaires.

14. The_Phantom_Calamari

Nov 10, 2011
    While I don't disagree with the sentiment, I find it disheartening that the undertone of this post is almost certainly one of bizarre condemnation of Lucas for literally giving billions of dollars to charity.

15. Martoto77

Martoto77 Jedi Master star 5

Aug 6, 2016
    Totally off the mark.

16. The_Phantom_Calamari

Nov 10, 2011
    Okay, so you fully support and praise him for his contributions. I sincerely apologize for misinterpreting you.

17. Shaak Ti

Shaak Ti Jedi Master star 3

Dec 22, 2015
    Would you be willing to direct and write a qui.gon movie? Or any anthology?

18. Bazinga'd

Nov 1, 2012
    His answer would probably be no considering the climate around the fanbase atm.

19. Shaak Ti

Shaak Ti Jedi Master star 3

Dec 22, 2015
    I suspect that same, but if that climate is the main factor maybe the future would hold a more favorable environment.

Bazinga'd likes this.
  20. The_Phantom_Calamari

Nov 10, 2011
    I guarantee you that George Lucas is not going to make any movie for which he has to answer to a corporation like Disney creatively. It doesn't matter what the climate is.

21. WriterMan

WriterMan Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2012
    i largely agree. While I don't understand a lot of George's creative choices and I think he is someone who can benefit from some creative oversight, I have tremendous respect for his persistence in retaining his creative control.

22. ThisIsMe1138

ThisIsMe1138 Chosen One star 6

Jun 26, 2018
    I know this is an old message and I don't know if it got answered somewhere else, but it came from a cross between "Dark" and "Death". I think George Lucas says that in The Making Of Star Wars book. (which is really interesting)

I would probably ask him if we could get together or something because I have way too many questions to ask at one time ;)

23. Bazinga'd

Nov 1, 2012
    Also see:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Darth

Last edited: Jun 27, 2018
  24. Count Yubnub

Count Yubnub Force Ghost star 5

Oct 1, 2012
    What is your name? What is your quest? What was the most ridiculous, most annoying, nerdiest question some overzealous fan ever asked you?

Last edited: Jun 27, 2018
    ThisIsMe1138 likes this.
  25. Grievousdude

Grievousdude Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 27, 2013
    Which of the movies you were involved with would you say is the best?