main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

Before - Legends Qui-Gon Jinn Challenge Thread - Note on first post

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Jinn is MINE, May 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LilQui-Gon

LilQui-Gon Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 29, 2004
    AWWWWWWW! Great job! Mushy enough for me. [face_love] [face_love] [face_love]

2. SBD-518

SBD-518 Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 10, 2005
    Nice work Kestrel. It really sets the scene. I can imagine the creche and the child in my head. *Applaudes*

3. Princess_Arulmozhi

Princess_Arulmozhi Jedi Master star 4

Nov 16, 2004
    Kestrel, that was sweet. [face_love] Loved little Obi. More??

4. Kestrel_Kenobi

Kestrel_Kenobi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 26, 2005
    Wow, thanks everyone [face_blush] I'm surprised you all liked it so much. More? I'll see what I can do to expand on it.

Kes
    x

5. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Community Squirrel Whisperer star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    I wouldn't mind seeing an entire fic done on this Kestral. We just don't get enough Qui-Obi mush. :) [face_love]

6. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    I agree, I'd like to see it expanded. Hint, hint... [face_praying]

7. Layren

Layren Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2003
    Awwww kestrel that was really sweet! Beautifully done! More mush?? [face_praying]

8. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
  9. Knight_Dilettante

Knight_Dilettante Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2002
    Awwwwww. That was indeed sweet. A very nice warm fuzzy fic.

KD

10. Magenta_Moonshadow

Magenta_Moonshadow Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 14, 2005
    Just a query regarding the stories on this and the other Qui Gon threads..do they have to be new and specifically written for that particular challenge, or can an older story be submitted (even if it's been posted on another part of the forum) as long as it fits the criteria..? :) :confused:

11. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002

We would prefer new stories speficially written for the challenge. However, we have a number of old challenges that could use new stories... hint, hint.

I think you'll find that most of the character challenges want new stories, not ones that are already on the boards. But thanks for asking!

12. BrightFeather

BrightFeather Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 13, 2005
    And mush, hm? Ok, here's one with TFPIC--

Qui-Gon stooped down to talk to one of the smaller padawans. Thr girl had asked him a question, so he felt that he had to answer it. "Incoming!" he heard... too late.

He grimaced slightly and wiped the mess off his face. He should have known better to come into the cafeteria when they were serving Aberulian mush.

end.
    *ducks and runs for cover*
    BrightFeather

13. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    MUST have more Qui-Gon mush. [face_praying]

14. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    LOL, silly BrightFeather . :) :)

15. BrightFeather

Nov 13, 2005
    Okay, okay. Now for a real response. ;) This is my first try at Star Wars fanfic, so please be gentle...

In Sickness and?
    By BrightFeather

Disclaimer: If you think that they belong to me, you're sadly mistaken. I borrowed them, hugged them, squeezed them, called them George, then gave them back like a good girl. All things Star Wars belong to George Lucas.

Author's Note: Since I was so naughty before with my little zinger, my Master informed me that I had to be nice and write some *real* Qui mush, so here we go. Zonoma, this is all *your* fault. (Must lay blame where it is due! ;) ) And I'm taking the Forever Knight stance--Nobody dies. Nobody *ever* dies. (Well, until I kill them. Ishy and I are two of a kind that way.) And, fair warning, with the mood I'm in, if you want mush, you have to put up with a little angst. <eg>

~*~*~*~

Master Jedi Qui-Gon Jinn sat in silence next to his young padawan's cot in the infirmary. He wasn't sure when little Ani had become so thoroughly enmeshed in his heart, but it was undeniable that he loved the child just as much as he loved Obi-Wan. In his heart, both of them were his sons. The fact that his child was seriously ill was killing him. No doubt the Council would say that he was wrong. They'd already argued with him over his treatment of Anakin; lectured him about maintaining a proper distance.

But the Living Force had shown him that *this* child needed more than the cool, aloof surface of a Jedi Master. It had shown him that he needed what he'd lost when they'd left Shmi behind. And he would give it to him, along with the teachings that would help him become one of the best Jedi in the Order when he grew up. *If* he grew up. They hadn't realized that, as a slave with a cheapskate master, he'd never received the proper inoculations that they'd assumed all children received.

And that assumption could kill Anakin. What was a minor childhood illness in most had become a raging infection in Ani. Qui-Gon reached for the damp rag again, dipped it into the basin of cool water beside the bed, and laid it on his padawan's forehead. It had been merely a few days since Anakin had fallen ill, but each minute had seemed like an eternity. Qui-Gon hadn't slept since then; he hadn't dared leave his charge's bedside. He picked up the boy's slack hand. It was cooler than it had been before, thank the Force. He wouldn't lose him. Losing his padawan would break his heart.

Anakin moved restlessly and opened his eyes for what seemed the first time in forever. A smile stole over his flushed face. "Master Qui-Gon," he said, his voice raspy.

Qui-Gon laid his hand on Anakin's cheek. "How are you feeling, Little One?" he asked softly.

"Hurts," Ani said. "Hot." He held out his arms in a silent invitation.

"I know," he said. "It will pass, Ani." Mindful of the IV that was trickling saline solution into the young boy's arm, Qui-Gon complied, settling Anakin into his lap. Ani tucked his head under the master Jedi's chin and let loose a sigh. "Knew you were here," he said. "Felt you." He was quiet a few minutes. "Felt safe. Always do, Master, with you."

Qui-Gon rubbed Anakin's back, holding the still-feverish child close. He pulled back a little, and dropped a kiss into the blond hair. "I wouldn't leave, padawan-mine," he whispered.

"Like a tree," Ani said. "Love you." His arm snaked around Qui-Gon's neck.

Qui-Gon's throat started to close with emotion that he could not express. He hugged Ani tightly. "Me, too," he whispered. "More than you can know. Sleep, now."

Ani sighed softly and snuggled closer. "'Kay," he murmured.

Qui-Gon ran his hand through Anakin's short blond hair, continuing downward to rub the child's back. What a marvelous gift he had been given! It was unusual for him to foresee anything; the Living Force he was gifted with was more suited to the here-and-now, but he had seen it. Ani was a child with dual futures--he had within him the capacity for either great light or great darkness. While bo

16. kateydidnt

kateydidnt Jedi Master star 4

Nov 11, 2004
    Um, I think this fits into the 'Stories, just stories' category. I was actually trying to do mush but it didn't exactly work out.

This is AU! Set in a larger AU story that I am currently planning out. All you need to know though is Anakin is still new to the temple and Qui-Gon is his master.

Teaching

?I hate you! I want to go back to my Mother.?
    The words echoed again and again in his head. He sighed, how could things have gone so wrong today? There were so many things he just did not understand about his Padawan. Understandably the child was having trouble adjusting to this lifestyle, but this latest tantrum had brought the master to the brink.

Something had to change.

He stood and moved to the window, gazing out at the twilight skyline of Coruscant. Closing his eyes briefly he concentrated on centering himself in the force. He felt his Padawan?s anger, but as well his sadness and longing. He felt lost, that there was no place for him here. He longed for someone to just understand. Focusing inwardly he looked at his own reactions and shuddered. For all he was known as a maverick, he was proving just as incapable of handling Anakin?s particular problems as everyone else was. He plunged deeper into his meditation searching for some guidance.

Qui-Gon stood in stillness as the sun continued its downward trek.

Finally the Force showed him the answer. He chuckled a little bit as his own words were brought back to his ears.

When the student teaches the master, the pairing is right.

He knocked on his Padawan?s door and said, ?Anakin, please come out here. I would like to talk to you.?

He heard shuffling and the door opened revealing a very dispirited child. Anakin didn?t meet his eyes as he shuffled across the floor and to the couch. Qui-Gon followed him, trying to decide how best to approach his Padawan so he wouldn?t be set off again.

They both sat and for a minute silence reigned and then Anakin said in a small voice, ?I don?t hate you Master. I?m sorry I said that.? He sounded utterly miserable.

Qui-Gon put a hand on the boy?s shoulder. Anakin looked tentatively up at him.

?Anakin, I want you to teach me.?

A puzzled look crossed the young face.

?Teach me what it is like to have a mother, to have a family. Teach me what you feel being separated from her. Teach me whatever it is you want me to understand about you. For right now, you are the master and I am the apprentice, I want you to teach me Padawan. Teach me who you are.?

Anakin allowed a slow smile to creep onto his face, and a seed of hope that maybe this could work grew in his heart.

17. kateydidnt

kateydidnt Jedi Master star 4

Nov 11, 2004
    BrightFeather

Awwww.
    I especially loved this:
    Obi-Wan had often teased him about his penchant for picking up lost ones, but in truth, most of his strays were shining souls that belonged somewhere else.

As you can see from my entry, I like stories where Qui-Gon is Anakin's master!

Welcome to the boards and to the thread! [:D]

18. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    BrightFeather, no running for you. I think we need chain you to the computer and demand more Qui-Gon from. That was wonderfully sweett. Sorry, I've always maintained that Qui-Gon was exactly the Jedi master needed to keep Anakin in the light.

kateydidnt , Awww, that is another lovely Qui-Ani one. You do know how well it fits with the story above yours? It's like the prequel where Qui-Gon is still learning to be the best master for Anakin.

Than you ladies, theses were the best stories to wake up to in the morning. Greatly needed in fact. [:D] [:D]

19. Jinn is MINE

Jinn is MINE Jedi Knight star 3

May 12, 2005
    Mush Qui-Gon Challenge Index
    Write a story about Qui-Gon and mush. You know you want to. It can be any era, any situation
    Authors - If you need me to change anything, please let me (dianethx) know.

Title: [link=http://boards.theforce.net/Message.aspx?topic=19658520&brd=10475&start=21922469] Moving Closer [/link]
    Author: LuvEwan
    Timeframe: post TPM
    Characters: Qui-Gon Jinn, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Anakin Skywalker
    Genre: PG, mush, angst
    Summary: Obi-Wan has come back, tormented, almost speechless and seemingly helpless. Qui-Gon doesn't see just how dangerous Obi-Wan can be but Anakin does.
    Note: *This is a follow-up to the Obi/Qui/Ani challenge response Pushing Back posted under a sock name. It can be read as a stand-alone as well. Not sure how much of it is mush and how much is angst, but oh well.
    Disclaimer: Nothing belongs to me.

Title: [link=http://boards.theforce.net/Message.aspx?topic=19658520&brd=10475&start=22290406] Two become One [/link]
    Author: Kestrel_Kenobi
    Timeframe:
    Characters: Qui-Gon Jinn & guess the Padawan?
    Genre: Mush ? I hope!
    Summary: A Padawan chooses his Master. AU.
    Note: Written for the Qui ?mush? Challenge.
    Disclaimer: Not mine, except in my dreams?

Title: [link=http://boards.theforce.net/Message.aspx?topic=19658520&brd=10475&start=22326412] Untitled [/link]
    Author: BrightFeather
    Timeframe: pre-TPM
    Characters: Qui-Gon Jinn
    Genre: mush
    Summary: A certain Jedi Master should learn to duck.

Title: [link=http://boards.theforce.net/Message.aspx?topic=19658520&brd=10475&start=22335905] In Sickness and? [/link]
    Author: BrightFeather
    Characters: Qui-Gon Jinn, Anakin Skywalker, mention of Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Genre: mush, angst
    Summary: Poor little Anakin has fallen ill and Qui-Gon watches over him.
    Note: Since I was so naughty before with my little zinger, my Master informed me that I had to be nice and write some *real* Qui mush, so here we go. Zonoma, this is all *your* fault. (Must lay blame where it is due! ) And I'm taking the Forever Knight stance--Nobody dies. Nobody *ever* dies. (Well, until I kill them. Ishy and I are two of a kind that way.) And, fair warning, with the mood I'm in, if you want mush, you have to put up with a little angst. <eg>
    Disclaimer: If you think that they belong to me, you're sadly mistaken. I borrowed them, hugged them, squeezed them, called them George, then gave them back like a good girl. All things Star Wars belong to George Lucas.

Title: [link=http://boards.theforce.net/Message.aspx?topic=19658520&brd=10475&start=22337549] Teaching [/link]
    Author: kateydidnt
    Characters: Qui-Gon Jinn, Anakin Skywalker
    Genre: Mush
    Summary: This is AU! Set in a larger AU story that I am currently planning out. All you need to know though is Anakin is still new to the temple and Qui-Gon is his master.

Title: [link=http://boards.theforce.net/Message.aspx?topic=19658520&brd=10475&start=22340313]Journey's End[/link]
    Author: Princess_Arulmozhi
    Timeframe: pre-TPM
    Characters: Qui-Gon Jinn, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Malcos Sherrar (OC)
    Summary: A opinionated waiter sees many things; the family ties between a Master and a Padawan gives him food for thought.

Title: [link=http://boards.theforce.net/Message.aspx?topic=19658520&brd=10475&start=22347767] Unexpected Treasures [/link]
    Author: VaderLVR64
    Timeframe: pre-JA
    Characters: Qui-Gon Jinn, OCs
    Summary: The Force leads a young Jedi to a place he did not expect.

Title: [link=http://boards.theforce.net/Message.aspx?topic=19658520&brd=10475&start=22465155]Who You Are [/link]
    Author: kateydidnt
    Timeframe: post-ROTS

20. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    BrightFeather that was adorable. Just the right amount of mush and angst to brighten up my day. I liked how you had Anakin not be innoculated for things that the Jedi wouldn't even think about. Slaves are rather disposable, after all. Great job.

Oh, do you want me to include your "zinger" in the challenge list? It is a story - although a really short one...LOL. It was cute, too. :p

kateydidnt That is a wonderful idea about how to get through to Anakin. I loved it. The poor kid was probably totally bewildered by the Jedi and what was expected of him. Glad that Qui-Gon was able to break through. Go, rogue!

I've included it in the mush challenge index since it was mushy enough. If you want me to put it in the just stories challenge index instead, let me know.

21. Princess_Arulmozhi

Princess_Arulmozhi Jedi Master star 4

Nov 16, 2004
    Me feeling mushy. Posting a vig. Don't know how good it is, though.

Jedi.

Malcos shook his head. He had no use for Jedi.

He was going back to the galley, and was walking along the corridor that led to the perishable stores. RDH ? 345 Ezperitzer may not be a very luxurious ship, and it might not boast quite that wealthy a passenger list ? but still, it had a dignity to maintain.

Malcos Sherrar was not sure how or why, but Jedi never did contribute anything towards increasing that dignity. Certainly he had come across his fair share of Jedi ? he was Alderaanian after all. He came from the Inner Core. He knew a lot more about Jedi that many of those little more than savages in the Mid Rim or Outer Rim. They guarded the galaxy. They brought peace. So? Didn?t mean that they were kings. On the contrary. Maker?s Sword, they weren?t human!

Like those two who had boarded the ship at the last possible moment on Melaba. They required immediate passage they said. The Jedi Temple would reimburse the ship, they said.

Malcos snorted. A fine way to treat a VB class ship, indeed. They really did think they owned the galaxy. Not to mention the completely unfeeling attitude. Neither of them had spoken a word to him beyond what was absolutely necessary.

Malcos didn?t quite like to think of it ? in fact, he never admitted it to himself if he could help it?but he did like to know about the passengers he served.

He balanced three or four percelainé plates on one hand, as he gathered four melja fruits, uncut ? and unripe, but that was a fact only he knew. If what they said about the Jedi was true, then they?d better use that blessed Force of theirs and make it ripe, or something. After all, they needn?t always be involved in peace treaties and negotiations, did they?

He shrugged as well as he could and walked along the corridors again, balancing the plates. He reached the nondescript door that lined the corridor, placed his eye against the retinal scan. The door swished open. Ah, RDH ? 345 Ezperitzer might not boast velween upholstery, but it did have much more technologically advanced?doors. Not like DFG ? Ezzzzpe, which only had palm-print scanners. Hah.

Inside, he stopped short as he saw the Jedi, leaning back against the wall. The cabin was tiny, and had only a long bench running along a side of it. A water container stood in a corner. And the Jedi?the short one ? how old might he be? Sixteen? Seventeen? He was sitting straight and tall, hands clasped, while the taller one was leaning back on the wall, hands clasped. They were perfectly still. Quiet.

Malcos felt a distinct shiver of nervousness. They had looked tired when they had boarded five hours ago - the tall one had been limping. But they didn?t look that tired now. Stone-like, in fact. He looked around him, as though suddenly nervous that the Force might push him out.

Nothing untoward happened, and he cleared his throat, feeling a little silly. And irritated.

The small one jerked up. The tall one opened his eyes calmly, and unclasped his hands.

?I?ve got your meal,? Malcos said shortly, as he handed the trays towards them. Maker?s Swords! He wasn?t going to go and hand it over to them as though they were paid passengers. If they had any proper feeling?

?Thank you,? said the small one, and he took the trays. Malcos half expected the trays to float away, and didn?t know whether to feel disappointed or relieved when they didn?t. He shot out the melja fruits too. The tall one nodded as he took them. Strange. He had long hair.

?We thank you for your??

Malcos was out before the Jedi could finish.

He was halfway to the galley, before remembering that he had forgotten to check if the water container did contain water. He was not quite sure, but he was fairly certain that it didn?t. That room hadn?t been in use for a while?it was used for storage purposes, more often than not?were they like other cruisers that took in passengers as much as they could for half

22. Layren

Layren Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2003
    BrightFeathers Awwwww that was so adorably sweet! That was your first try at fanfic? Well done!!

kateydidnt Another Qui/Ani -- that was just lovely!

Princess_A Awwwwwwwwwwwwwww poor Quiggy got hurt... but he did get some mush from Obi -- so nice to see Obi taking care of his master and your OC was absolutely wonderful :)

23. BrightFeather

Nov 13, 2005
    Thanks, Katey! So do I. :) I think that he would've been a better choice for Ani, because he's older, more experienced, and had already established a rapport with the kid while Obi-Wan was ignoring him...

I agree, Leona :). I'm not sure if Ani would've stayed away from the dark side, but I think he'd have been happier and more stable if Qui Gon had been his master. And a more stable Anakin is a safer Anakin! ;) I am working on that question, though. It'll be a multi-part story, I think. Poor Qui got a nasty burn, but didn't get killed in my version of events.

If you want to, Diane, go right on ahead. It's titleless, though. And thanks. :) It seemed plausible to me--I mean, Ani was around three when Watto got them, and I doubt Watto bothered. The Hutt that had them before might have done it, but I doubt it. As slaves, very young children aren't worth much. And being on a different planet would expose him to strange and marvelous germs, too.

Um, not quite, Layren. First in Star Wars, yeah. First fanfic, not exactly. Check out [link=http://bratling.0catch.com]Bratling's Story Index[/link] I've got almost every bit of fanfic I've ever written archived on my webpage. I was in the mood to read something I hadn't read before and stumbled across the boards. And then, well, my brother and I rewatched all six movies, and I started getting plot bunnies. I write more JAG fanfic than anything else... :) Glad you enjoyed it!

BrightFeather

24. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    Okay, you got my muse thinking...

25. Kestrel_Kenobi

Kestrel_Kenobi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 26, 2005
    Catching up...

LuvEwan ? Whoops, somehow I missed this before! Lovely, if very sad, stuff?my favorite threesome!

BrightFeather ? "Rest and heal, Ani," he whispered. "And when you're better, together we'll learn wonderful things, my padawan, my," he paused for a few minutes. "Son."Good job, I loved mushy Qui.

Kateydidnt ? Another sweet Qui and Ani story, nicely done.

Princess_Arulmozhi ? Loving the Obi/Qui banter?wonderful.

=D=

Btw, a new extended version of my mushy fic can be found here,

http://boards.theforce.net/before_the_saga/b10475/22343941/p1/?0

Well, you did ask ;)

Edit: Hurray, 100 posts!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.