main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation Qui-Gon Jinn/Dooku film

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by StarWarsFan91, Apr 29, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Howard Hand

Howard Hand Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2015
    I might actually be up for this. Both characters have some potential to be interesting if the script is good and the actors are given decent direction.

2. Jonipoon

Jonipoon Jedi Master star 4

Apr 22, 2014
    Scott Adkins as young Dooku? He's British.

[​IMG]

3. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    I'd like to know if the original story that Qui-Gon learned the secret from the Whills is "canon" or if it's now "Qui-Gon the compassionate" (TM) discovered this on his own.

BTW, I'm not anti-Qui-Gon at all.

4. 11-4D

11-4D Force Ghost star 5

Apr 6, 2015
    /sarcasm

5. Elle-Wan

Elle-Wan Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jul 11, 2004
    Another story where we know the whole end-game. No thanks. Doing the backstory of every character from the 'skywalker arc' is similar to how every batman movie/show re-enacts the Thomas and Martha Wayne murder in the alley. What if, instead, they do something completely new and interesting?

6. CaptainRegor

CaptainRegor Jedi Master star 3

Nov 15, 2012

Somebody get this man a job in Lucasfilm!

asdjklghty likes this.
  7. Big Boss

Big Boss Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 16, 2015
    this would be a cool idea, however the idea alone of just these two and seeing them on the quests isnt good enough. as some suggested we know the result. there needs to be something else, maybe a villain, maybe some lore, that is in the backdrop to make people want to see it. Dooku's fall/Jin's rise isnt interesting enough to the general public to green light it. however, the time period this would be set would be really interesting. this could actually play with The Lost Twenty, which would be quite interesting, ESPECIALLY if - SPECULATION - Snoke turned out to be one of them. we know as of right now that Snoke oversaw events in the PT and OT, so this could be a fantastic backstory for him; as Dooku is one of these Lost Twenty.

whostheBossk likes this.
  8. JabbatheHumanBeing

JabbatheHumanBeing Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 14, 2015
    This thread would be a great entry in the forthcoming book: "How to Kill a Franchise." :)

asdjklghty, Howard Hand and Dra--- like this.
  9. Talos of Atmora

Talos of Atmora Force Ghost star 5

Jul 3, 2016

Do you HAVE to be that pessimistic about it?

vncredleader likes this.
  10. JabbatheHumanBeing

JabbatheHumanBeing Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 14, 2015

I don't know. I forget what I was thinking five months ago...

11. Talos of Atmora

Talos of Atmora Force Ghost star 5

Jul 3, 2016

Oh. My bad. :oops:

JabbatheHumanBeing likes this.
  12. KissMeImARebel

KissMeImARebel Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    I'd love to see something like that as miniseries -- perhaps like what Marvel has done on Netflix. Although I'm guessing that the budget would be prohibitive. Dooku was terribly underdeveloped in the PT (even the EU -- at least the books I read -- tended to be a bit confused about what to do with him).

13. whostheBossk

whostheBossk Force Ghost star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    Absolutely a must for me for a spinoff! Love the setting pre-TPM with many Jedi in prime including these two. Obviously we would see all new actors, but I feel that there is enormous potential with the upcoming storm and retaining your living spirit.

Especially we know Smoke was around during this period and who is he and what would be be up to?
    Just seeing Count Dooku interact with the Jedi.and Quo Con would put us in a seat that we wanted so badly to see in 1999. This could resurrect the prequels by giving us a new one. Hope Disney is listening. Call me Mr. Iger.

ChefCurryWindu likes this.
  14. Wildcatbarry

Wildcatbarry Jedi Master star 4

Jan 23, 2015
    Would Love this.

ezekiel22x likes this.
  15. ezekiel22x

ezekiel22x Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    I'd see this in a heartbeat. Pre-TPM is the era I'd most like to see explored. Although not the far past like in KOTOR. No more than 30 years or so before Episode I.

Wildcatbarry likes this.
  16. WattoIsAJedi

WattoIsAJedi Jedi Youngling

Sep 22, 2016
    This would be a cool idea but it would be a prequel to the prequels and I don't see them going that far back

17. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.