main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Qui-Gon theory, stay with me.

Discussion in 'Archive: The Phantom Menace' started by DarthRevanLOTS, Feb 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthRevanLOTS

DarthRevanLOTS Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 7, 2005
    Now it's just a suggestion, but I wonder if the force had something to do with the death of Qui-Gon, more than what we think it does.

I was thinking, while watching this that Qui-Gon Jinn is a free spirit and isn't all stuck in the Jedi Order, as say Obi-Wan. He had more of a spiritual feeling toward it, and was much more open-minded than the entire group.

But to my point, I think the force had a goal, the goal was to destroy the Jedi, and their pawn was Anakin (as we'll see in EPIII). Qui-Gon was all good to find Anakin of course, but the force didn't like Qui-Gon, because he had a much better head on his shoulders.

I think that the force took out Qui-Gon because it realized that if Qui-Gon was to train Anakin, Anakin may never be tempted to join Sidious, because of Qui-Gon's connection to the force.

The force knew that sticking him with Obi-Wan was more of a stituation, since Obi-Wan was much more stuck with the ideals of the Jedi Order, and since Anakin saw much more above those rules, he'd eventually rebel.

But I honestly take it that Qui-Gon was removed, since he was too wise, the force wanted the Jedi to die for their overconfidence and such, and Anakin couldn't become a full on Jedi, he needed someone else who would be much harsher on him, than say Qui-Gon...

Just my thoughts...

Strilo edit: This should be posted in the The Official Qui-Gon Jinn Discussion Thread.

2. Darth Kruel

Darth Kruel Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 3, 2000
    The Force is living and pure on it's own. It doesn't like or dislike. Qui-Gon knew the boy was the Chosen One. He didn't know what it entirely meant. But too much was happening all at the same time such as the Sith revealing themselves, Anakin being discovered, the Naboo situation, etc.

All of these things played a part in how things developed overtime.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.