main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Qui-Gon's choice.

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by JEDY, Jul 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JEDY

JEDY Jedi Knight star 5

May 26, 2005
    I want to know what you guys think about Qui-Gon's "Chosen One" descision with Anakin . Do you guys think he was right about claiming Anakin was the chosen one. It was obviously a mishap but Luke came out of the whole thing and Luke made it better than Anakin ever would .

Just give me some thoughts , JEDY

2. Bacon164

Bacon164 Chosen One star 8

Mar 22, 2005
    Luke brought out the good in Anakin, thus enabling Anakin to fulfill the prophecy and destroy Palpatine, and restoring balance to the Force.

Qui-Gon's decisions ultimately brought out the good for the entire Republic. Both the Republic and the Jedi were corrupt, both were replaced later on with the New Republic and the New Jedi Order. (TrueJedi is not going to agree with me)

THE STAR WARS SAGA IS LIKE NOAH'S ARK! :eek:

3. JEDY

JEDY Jedi Knight star 5

May 26, 2005
    "Luke brought out the good in Anakin, thus enabling Anakin to fulfill the prophecy and destroy Palpatine, and restoring balance to the Force".

That's an obvious one . :D

I get what you are saying though about the the new jedi order .

JEDY

4. QuiGonTim

QuiGonTim Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 29, 2002
    Anikin was the one in the prophecy
    however there are many ways to interpret a prophecy and the sith brought this one, by creating Anikin.

I would agree that Qui-Gon seems supersticious and quick to believe, but he was technicaly correct.

5. JediMasterKitFisto

JediMasterKitFisto Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 27, 2002
    How were the Jedi corrupt?

6. Bacon164

Bacon164 Chosen One star 8

Mar 22, 2005
    Arrogance, which resulted in their downfall...

7. YoungAngus

YoungAngus Jedi Master star 5

May 7, 2005
    The sith did not create Anakin, he was created by the force. Qui Gon forsaw what Anakin would do in the last ten minutes of ROTJ. Yoda and Mace saw what would happen inbetween ROTS and Jedi. He fufilled the prophecy but at the expense of alot of people's lives.

8. JEDY

JEDY Jedi Knight star 5

May 26, 2005
    So basically, that whole ship malfunction in TPM was not a coincidence , it was meant to happen to find anakin. What if that didn't happen, Qui-Gon would find another "chosen one" , or another council member would ?

JEDY

9. TimNaberrie

TimNaberrie Jedi Youngling

Jul 1, 2005
    Darth Sidious probably DID create Anakin. While there's no actual proof for it, it becomes very obvious.
    Palpatine telling Anakin that this certain Sith Lord could control death and even create life, calling him "son" all the time and several other hints. (still, Anakin was created by the force)

So I believe that Qui-Gon was right. Yoda confirms that when he tells Mace and Obi-Wan that the prophecy might have been misinterpreted. And in the end of ROTJ, Anakin kills the Emperor and brings balance to the force.

About the whole coincidence and "what would have happened if..."-stuff:
    I don't think that you can see it this way. It's not just that things in the past or present influence the future. Past, present and future are all connected and form one whole. (otherwise, how could one predict the future?)

[image=http://www.studip.uni-goettingen.de/pictures/smile/duell.gif]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.