main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Quick question, please reply

Discussion in 'Archive: Games: CCG, TCG, and Boardgames' started by Crimson_Jedi_Knight, Apr 16, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crimson_Jedi_Knight

Crimson_Jedi_Knight Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 21, 2001
    Any tips on a training deck?

2. Jedi Bib

Jedi Bib Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 16, 2000
    Make sure you include all of the training cards.

3. Red84

Red84 SWCCG Content Mgr. (Card Games) star 4 VIP

Oct 20, 2000
    Be prepared for players to invade...cause they will...

4. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    I used to have a pretty successful training deck. Here's what I suggest doing:

Start with Mind What You Have Learned, and use Heading For The Medical Frigate to start with The Way Of Things, Wise Advice and Your Insight Serves You Well. Insight will help you get out Battle Plan, Insurrection, Honor Of The Jedi, etc. depending on what deck your opponent is playing.

Turn 1: Deploy whatever Dagobah sites you have in your hand, then get out Yoda's Hut. Deploy Yoda and Yoda's Hope there, then draw your remaining Force.

Turn 2: Deploy the Training Area, and get Jedi Test 1. Also deploy Daughter Of Skywalker and Luke's Backpack to the Hut, then deploy Jedi Test 1. Also grab Jedi Test 2 during your opponent's next turn.

Turn 3: Complete Jedi Test 1, and deploy the Jungle. Your site order should be like this: Jungle, Yoda's Hut, Training Area (if you have any other sites out, remember to have the Jungle on one end, with Yoda's Hut no farther than two sites away from the Jungle). Deploy Test 2 on the Jungle. If your opponent is smart, they'll just move Test 2 over to you (it'll actually delay you 2 turns if your opponent does that, but most people aren't smart enough to realize that). Move over to the Jungle and end your turn. Get Test 3 on your turn, then Test 4 on your opponent's.

Turn 4: Complete Jedi Test 2, then deploy and complete Jedi Test 3 (if your opponent moved Test 2, you'll have to deploy Test 3 to the Jungle and move over during your move phase, thus delaying you a bit). Deploy the Swamp (either between the Jungle and the Hut, or between the Hut and the Training Area), and put Jedi Test 4 there. Move over there and end your turn. Grab Jedi Test 5 on your turn, and Test 6 on your opponent's.

Turn 5: Complete Jedi Test 4, then deploy Jedi Test 5 on the Hut. Move over there.

Turn 6: Flip Leia and Yoda upside down.

Turn 7: Complete Jedi Test 5 (you should have tracked a 6 or 7 by this point in the game).

Turn 8: Deploy Jedi Test 6. Leave Leia on Dagobah until Vader shows up, then pick her up and deploy her to Vader's site. Duel him (you should win easily if you have a high destiny on Jedi Test 5), then get Leia out of there.

During those previous turns, you should have been deploying your own characters to counteract your opponent's. Mains are always good, although they're low destiny. Karrde, Corran, Owen & Beru Tawss, Melas, etc. are good high-destiny characters for battling.

For defense, cards like It Could Be Worse, Projection Of A Skywalker, Honor Of The Jedi will help limit the damage your opponent is dealing to you. With a little tracking, you'll be able to use On The Edge to retrieve bunches of Force if you're running low. If you manage to survive past Jedi Test 5, you should do fine.

Whew. That was a lot of typing. But I hope that helps you in your quest to become a Jedi Knight!

5. Spud The Hutt

Spud The Hutt Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 30, 1999
    Not too shabby. This is what I love about this game: finding out just how other people play the game and vice versa.

Here's a little different way of doing the whole training thing.

First off try using EPP's Leia w/blaster rather than DOS if you want to mix things up a little. This way you can save putting a weapon in, or if you don't have an Anakin's stick you won't have to worry about her being defenseless. As for any other cards you may want to try put Let Keep A Little Optimism Here in for either Wise Advise (only if you have enough other training destiny bonuses), or Your Insight Serves you well. Though it may not seem like much believe me if you don't have any force retreival and you lose any test 1-5 from your reserve deck you'll be very VERY thankful.

Second, if you end up with no tests in your starting hand, you might want to consider playing your training area first turn. That way if you end up with your test 1 in your used pile from deploying Yoda (yes, it has happened) you get one more chance at finding it and getting it completed by your 3rd turn.

I could be wrong on this next one, but I try to deploy Yoda's Hut as the last site and don't even bother with testing there. I put out the training area 1st, the swamp 2nd, the jungle 3rd, and the hut last. As for the tests put the first one on the training area with the second and third stacked on the jungle *** Here's a question for Bib Fortuna, Twi'lek: With The Way of Things out can you finish test 3 before test 2? See, I'm just wondering how many of the requirements are nullified on test 3? If you don't have to follow the "Attempt" part of the card due to The Way of Things, then what rule says that you have to meet the "Target" part? Just curious.*** Wise Advise makes your aprentice landspeed=2 on the green planet so no worries there. Next you can stack 4&5 on the swamp/bog and that about does it.

As mentioned earlier people WILL invade Dagobah. Here are a couple ideas to keep Yoda's Home a LS only planet:

Encampment - this works great if you wait for them to move right to your site where you have both Yoda and DOS/SOS because then you can come down hard with one of the following. Just make sure that you don't put down too many folks, or if you do, have a ship ready to help them evacuate.

Courage of a Skywalker - How would you like to double the power of your apprentice? Well, here ya go! Just be sure to have someone to absorb the attrition.

Jedi Presence - Works great by itself, but even better when paired w/ Courage. Want to see Jedi Luke at power 28? Plop 'im down with a saber an attrition absorber and bada bing, bada bang, bada BOOM! That'll teach the DS to keep their noses in their own business.

Forget ground and fight space - What better way to keep them off Dagobah than blowing them up before they get there? Not too original, just practical.

That should get ya started!

Spud

6. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Jul 9, 1999
    Actually, it is not very smart to invade Dagobah. You'll need to have extremely high destiny to even attempt to take out Leia or Yoda, and you'll have to ensure that Mara or Vader or whatever doesn't get killed before they get there.

7. Red84

Oct 20, 2000
    Well, a friend of mine has made it his hobby to invade Dagobah...and he doesn't customize for it :)

8. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    OK, here's a quick question from me...

If a freighter/starsfighter with a permanant pilot aboard has landed at a docking bay, does it cause presence for the player to force drain or block a force drain with? If so, are you able to iniate a battle at this docking bay against or with the ship even though a permanant pilot isn't actually a character?

9. Red84

Oct 20, 2000
    "landed starfighters" (from the CRD): Permanent pilots on landed starfighters create presence as normal and thus can be battled. However they do not apply their ability yowards drawing battle destiny.

10. Crimson_Jedi_Knight

Crimson_Jedi_Knight Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 21, 2001
    Thanks for all the tips. Two quick questions. First the people I've been playing have be playing the card, I don't remember the name, that makes it harder to deploy the mains any tips against that? Second, can you tell me what sets these cards are from? I have a lot and its hard to find them if I don't know which set. Thanks again.

11. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Jul 9, 1999
    The "mains hurter" card is called Bad Feeling Have I, from Dagobah. It increases the deploy cost of Luke, Han, Leia, Chewie, Obi-Wan, Lando and Yoda by 2.

The best way to combat that effect is to use Artoo & Threepio, from Reflections 2. They outright suspend Bad Feeling Have I.

12. Red84

Oct 20, 2000
    Then there's the ol' Alter trick...

13. Spud The Hutt

Spud The Hutt Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 30, 1999
    There's also Threepio from the Endor set who makes any Cloud City, Jabba's Palace and Endor cards immune to BFHI.

Spud

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.