main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Quiz-like thread: how much do you know about Poland?/Ile wiesz o Polsce?

Discussion in 'Archive: Poland' started by Long_J_B, Jul 3, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Long_J_B

Long_J_B Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 29, 2002
    Ok, I know that this thing hasn't got anything to do with Star Wars... But hey! We're flexible people. :D We don't have to talk all night and day about SW. In fact, I can see that at this forum nobody is talking about anything at this time... This silence is just unbeareable.
    So, in this thread, all you english speaking people can write anything they ever heard, or anything they think about Poland and polish people. Then perheaps we will be able to congratulate someone with great knowledge of our country, or put an end on some myths and false informations. ;) You can ask questions, you can write in english. I think we will be albe to communicate here some way.
    And for you, polish guys- try to write in english, ok? We want to have some international friendship here, don't be egocentric. :) ;)

--
    Polish:
    Dobra, wiem ze to nie za wiele ma wspolnego ze Star Wars... no, ale ludzie- musimy bys elastyczni. Nie musimy gadac calymi dniami i nocami tylko o SW. Wlasciwie, to z tego co widze, nikt na tym forum nie gada wogole o niczym... Ta cisza jest nie do zniesienia.
    Dlatego w tym topicu wszyscy anglojezyczni bedziecie mogli napisac wszystko co kiedys zaslyszeliscie, albo co myslicie o Polsce i Polakach. Wtedy byc moze bedziemy mogli pogratulowac osobie o wielkiej znajomosci naszego kraju, albo obalic jakies mity i ukrocic falszywe informacje ;) Mozecie zadawac pytania, mozecie sobie pisac po angielsku. Mysle, ze zdolamy sie tu jakos porozumiec.
    A do was, Polacy- starajcie sie prosze pisac po angielsku, ok? Chcemy tu nawiazac miedzynarodowa przyjazn, nie badzcie egoistyczni. :) ;)
    W razie potrzeby, moge postarac sie wam potlumaczyc.

2. Neimoidian

Neimoidian Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 29, 2003
    Polska is a wery strendz kantry. Fany pipol, dreses on the strits, afair of Rywin and others. For egzample fju dajs ago som dzerks bernt off e button of my elewejtor tat it los imposible tu get it on dis flor. Newerdeles it is stil wery beautiful kantry and most of de pipol are frendly and hospitable. De'r is lot to si, not only zubry, but the places uere history of a hol world was tejking plejs. -> DON'T READ IT UNLESS YOU ARE POLISH ;-) YOU WON"T UNDERSTAND IT ANYWAY.

3. Long_J_B

Apr 29, 2002
    As you can see, Neimodian here is trying very hard to write english. Unfortunately, his school english teacher is not to bright and so, because of her, he failed while trying to connect with you.
    Well... it's always good that he at least tried. Thanks for doing me this little favour.

:D :D :D :D

4. _Jedi-Hunter_

_Jedi-Hunter_ Jedi Youngling

Jun 30, 2003
    Malysz is the best ski juming in the world.
    You must hear him.

5. Chimpo_the_Sith

Chimpo_the_Sith Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 15, 2003
  6. DarthRumcajs

DarthRumcajs Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 29, 2003
    Adam Malysz ?[face_plain] ;)
    Mikolaj Kopernik & Aleksander Wolszczan they are the masters of thought :cool:

7. DarthRumcajs

Jun 29, 2003
    Co jest grane ?! Cos sie na laczach zwiesilo i dwa razy posta wyslalem, chce skasowac, a tu tylko edit jest a delete brak ?!

What is it ?! Something oneself internet crash and I twice sended post's, I want to delete, and here only it is edit and no delete ?!
    Sorry my English is fatal :(

8. Long_J_B

Apr 29, 2002
    Hey, what about you, non-polish people, we want to read your thoughts! ;) Don't be shy... C'mon! [face_laugh] :)

9. Tod

Tod Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 29, 1999
    So what do I know about Poland? Well you have nice furry "little" animals and of course you have Malysz (skijumping is my favourite winter sport). One interesting fact is that once we here in Finland even had same king than you.

Poland's history is very interesting though it's quite sad at some parts. Country's borders have changed places so often throughout the history that it's very difficult to understand it. I've read quite a lot about Poland's history and it's interesting that five hundred years ago Poland (with Lithuania) stretched all the way to the Black Sea.

I would very much like to visit Poland someday. And it's very likely that I will as soon as I can manage that. You got a whole lot of interesting sights there. You have many beautiful national parks and lots of historical sights and those are just what I want to see when I'm travelling.

Only drawback of your country is that you speak totally uncomprehensible language. ;)

10. MikevonSith

MikevonSith Jedi Youngling

Jun 29, 2003
    Sorry Tod, but what do You mean "nice furry "little" animals " ? :D

11. Tod

Tod Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 29, 1999
    I mean this little fellow:

[image=http://www.wlp.fi/photopost/data/49visentti.jpg]

12. Neimoidian

Neimoidian Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 29, 2003
    I am afraid that this "totally uncomprehensible language" has something to do with my english. :) Nevertheless, You (Tod) are the person who seems to know the most about Our country, and who is a possible winner of this "Quiz". I hope You will eventually have a chance to visit Us and see many of these not-so-little furry animals You adore!!!

13. ISD_Devastator

ISD_Devastator Jedi Master star 4

Oct 11, 2002
    My 'knowledge' about Poland is limited mostly to WWII-era :(
    And Polish language (written & spoken) is something that doesn't fit into my small head.

14. RRS-1980

RRS-1980 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 26, 2003
    ISD_Devastator, looks like we have a common interest ;)
    Currently I'm helping my friends with making new Polish aircraft for IL-2 Sturmovik flight simulator (you probably know it - set in WWII era, has whole Finnish Air Force & campaign!) - maybe we could talk about all of this? ;)

15. Baltic_herring

Baltic_herring Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 10, 2002
    Oh, Poland! It has many known Star Wars freaks. Many sw-releated sites do end with ".pl" Admiral Ackbar has polished his head several times. Lovely "little furry animals" do live in peace and harmony on countryside of Poland. For testing the suspension of your car, the concrete made highways of Poland are excellent. Once there lived a holy man, but he moved near Italy. People are very friendly, even after few beers. Meat can be found from polish foods, -lots of it! Liverpool is not a city on Poland. German based band Tangerine Dream has great live gig called "Poland." Some people of Poland are sleeping while I'm typing this, some not. *loud typing sounds*

16. DarthRumcajs

Jun 29, 2003
    For testing the suspension of your car, the concrete made highways of Poland are excellent

This is sincere truth ;) :D

17. Kirtan_Loor

Kirtan_Loor Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 1, 2003
    Ou yes. You have right :D

18. Thengel

Thengel Jedi Youngling

Jun 29, 2003
    Eeeee... There are a lot of white bear and evrybody looks like Russians. Poland is more-less in North Pole.. Any question? :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.