main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Det, MI R2-Detroit March Meeting

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by rocksoldier, Feb 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rocksoldier

rocksoldier Chapter Rep: Detroit, MI star 1

Jul 18, 2009
    R2-Detroit March Meeting

Saturday, March 19, 2011 (7:00 pm - 9:00 pm)

Borders Books and Music
    (Inside Oakland Mall)
    Troy

Visit the event page on our Facebook page
    http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=184797661558071

We have been having a great time talking about the Clone Wars and everything new in the Star Wars universe. Come join us.

2. jediknight88

jediknight88 Jedi Master star 6

May 19, 2002
    I will deff be trying to make this meeting.

3. rocksoldier

Jul 18, 2009
    Fantastic. Hope to see you there :)

4. c3500BC

c3500BC Jedi Youngling

Dec 7, 2008
    Hey guys,if you are planning to attend the March meeting this Saturday and you happen to have any SW novels,books or magazines that you would like to donate to the men and women serving in our armed forces,please bring them with you. :)

5. jediknight88

jediknight88 Jedi Master star 6

May 19, 2002
    Well sorry guys, cant make it this time either. Maybe next.

I'll get to one of them

6. rocksoldier

Jul 18, 2009

Sorry you can't make it. Hope to see you next time.

7. c3500BC

c3500BC Jedi Youngling

Dec 7, 2008
    A few notes from tonight's meeting:

In attendance were myself,Jeff,Dave,Jill,Tracy(welcome back,ladies!)and we had a new person,Ian,join us this evening.Ian,it was great to meet you and welcome to R2-Detroit.Hope you'll choose to join us again at future meetings. :)

Among the usual SW discussions,which included current and future Clone Wars story arcs,current and future EU novels,and even SW trading cards,were a couple of noteworthy items.It's been widely reported that the release date for Ep.I in 3-D is Feb.10,2012.For those of you who know your R2 Detroit history,Feb.9,2012 is the 10 year anniversary of the first ever meeting of our group.We briefly discussed the idea of perhaps meeting somewhere for an anniversary dinner in order to mark the occasion.Obviously,that's a long way off so we'll talk more about that later in the year.

Our history may go back nearly a decade,but we also think we have a bright future ahead of us,so another thing that we talked about was trying to get the word out about R2-Detroit.Some folks volunteered to ask their local comic shops about putting up some flyers for us and we're still tinkering a bit with ideas for the group's logo.I was a bit surprised to learn that the Border's where we currently congregate will not allow us to advertise our meetings in-store.Interestingly enough,as I was being told this,a customer asked for one of the R2 flyers I had in my hand.

That's about it for this month.On a personal note,I wanted to say thanks to Jeff for the donation of books which will be passed along to our men and women who serve in the US military overseas.It's much appreciated and will go to a great cause.

8. Sertorius

Sertorius Jedi Youngling

Mar 21, 2011
    Thanks for the warm welcome, c3500BC. I'll differently be coming to future meetings.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.