main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Ragna-what-now?! [Star Wars/Marvel Crossover: Jaina, Kyp, Thor, Hulk & many more]

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by mayo_durron_666, Mar 3, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mayo_durron_666

mayo_durron_666 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Nov 26, 2005
    Welcome to the .. 'Ragna-what-now?!' fic!

Title:
    Ragna-what-now?!
    Author(s): mayo_durron_666
    Timeframe: 45ABY
    Characters: Jaina Solo, Kyp Durron, Thor, Hulk, Korg, Grandmaster, Valkyrie and more..
    Genre: Adventure, comedy, action, romance..
    Keywords: Crossover chaos! AU. Old Star Wars EU collides with Thor: Ragnarok. Star Wars/Marvel MCU.. and maybe some surprises from other sci-fi franchises?

Summary: Jaina and Kyp are on their way back to the Jedi Academy on Ossus when they encounter an anomaly in space. Suddenly thrown into a strange universe and into one dangerous situation after another, Solo and Durron must learn to become the ultimate team in order to survive. Will they ever make it back to their own universe? Korg knows! Wait – no he doesn’t! He really doesn’t!

Notes: Disclaimer. Just playing with Star Wars/Marvel toys.
    Author Notes: This fic is going to be updated fortnightly (though on occasion this might change to weekly depending on DRL). If you would like to be tagged for future fic updates just let me know. Comments welcome! ;) Hope you enjoy!

~

Ragna-what-now?!

Chapter 1

Well That Happened

“Argh” He hissed as he nursed a split lip.

Pressing a damp cloth to his mouth, Kyp Durron narrowed his green eyes on his reflection. The mirror showed the truth. He looked like hell.

Rough stubble lined his jaw. Bruises too. A dark shiner was fast developing on the left cheek. Another discoloured his forehead.

What a mess! He thought sadly.

“You could have waited for backup.” A familiar female voice stated from behind. “You could have waited for me.”

Reluctantly, he glimpsed at the intruder in the mirror.

Jaina Solo stood in the fresher doorway with her arms crossed. She was waiting. Her beautiful features set to stern.

Mutely, Kyp dropped the cloth into the sink and leant closer to the glass to inspect his mouth. The silence grew uncomfortable. And stubbornly, Jaina’s figure still blocked the exit.

“I was fine.” He replied at last, rather gruffly, “I handled it.”

“So, I see.”

Kyp grabbed a towel to dry his hands and gently dab at his busted lip.

Through the fabric he tried to justify,
    “You would have done the same, Jay.”

In the glass he saw Jaina incline her head and contemplate his words. The pause was a sign of her maturity. A younger Jaina would have snapped back. Now Master Solo, she wasn’t so keen on blasting out retorts or remarks anymore.

Pity. Kyp mused privately.

When she raised those penetrating brown eyes back to him, Kyp arched an eyebrow in challenge. She didn’t bite. At least not in quite the way he was expecting.

“I don’t think I would have gone on alone. I would have waited.” She clarified by adding pointedly, “For my partner.”

Those last three words infuriated Kyp.

He had to grip the sink to stop himself from jerking into a rage.

How dare she judge his actions. She was assessing him, a man with more experience, a Jedi Master in his own right. And the way she said partner irritated Kyp more than he wanted to admit.

They had been chosen for a mission. Thrown together by her uncle, Grand Master Skywalker, to investigate threats made against a senator on planet Denon. A bunch of radicals had been planning a nasty surprise for a certain politician.

Unfortunately, Durron had received the brunt of the attack.

Meanwhile Jaina had protected their charge and her personnel, getting them all to safety.

Kyp threw his towel down and turned to face her,
    “And had I waited that thug Ti’ron would have escaped capture. I got the job done.”

A darker side of Durron secretly wished he had killed the damn revolutionary leader on the spot. But his Jedi training had won out in the end. Knocking the ruffian out was all the satisfaction he could allow.

“You could have died, Kyp.”

Shrugging stiffly, he jested,
    “What else is new, Solo?”

Weary of his overconfidence and unable to laugh at it anymore, Jaina closed her eyes and shook her head. He would not change. Why did she bother?

With a sigh she revealed,
    “I worry about you sometimes, Durron.”

Stepping forward, Kyp towered over Jaina and encroached a bit on her personal space. She held position though. Not giving an inch. That’s what he liked about her. Never intimidated. So strong. Jaina could go toe-to-toe with anyone.

Gazing down at her, he instructed plainly,
    “Don’t.”

“Perhaps it was a mistake.”

“What was?”

“My uncle.” Jaina explained, “Putting us together.”

That hurt. But Durron kept his face neutral.

“Maybe it was.” He agreed.

As he brushed past her the entire ship shuddered. Jaina lost her balance and fell against him. Instinctively, Kyp caught her safely in his arms.

Above the lights flickered, tremors under their feet grew violent, while a horrific metallic screeching resonated throughout the craft.

“What the kriff!” Kyp cursed as the racket nearly burst his eardrums.

Covering her own ears, Jaina pulled away and raced down the main corridor. Close behind, Kyp followed.

Warning beeps and flashes greeted the two Jedi as they rushed into the cockpit. Kyp hopped into the main pilot seat to assess the controls, while Jaina stood to the side clicking off the warning sensors, gaging the damage and trying to figure out what the heck was happening.

“Shields are losing power!” She yelled over the sirens.

“I know!” Durron bit out.

“Hyperdrive is gonna blow!”

“What?!”

“Cut it!” She ordered, “Cut it now! Bring us out of lightspeed!”

Kyp pulled on the levers but nothing changed.

If anything, the roaring creaks and crunches became louder.

“Kyp!”

“I can’t!” He bellowed over his shoulder, “Controls aren’t working!”

“I’ll go manually shut it down!” Jaina shouted her plan as the walls and floors shook with disturbing force.

Powerless to stop her, Kyp watched as Jaina stumbled back out into the belly of the vessel.

He swore again. A vicious stream of words. The thought of her tinkering with the engines during this kind of turbulence made a cold sweat come over him.

Just as he was about to untangle himself from the safety belts of the captain’s chair, giant streaks of light flared across the window, blazing brilliantly, making Kyp shield his eyes.

Through the gaps of his fingers Durron could make out a series of explosions in space. Multiple colours shot across the blurry stars of lightspeed like surges of lightning. They were fast approaching. Blasting so intensely that Kyp could no longer peep through his hands to observe.

The entire ship was at the mercy of a greater power, rocking and rattling uncontrollably.

Blinded and shaking helplessly, Kyp reached out through the Force. Afraid for her. Jaina. Fearing that this might be it. The end for them.

Jaina! His soul cried out.

There was no answer.

Soon the dazzling lights overwhelmed the cockpit, the ship quaked awfully and the sound of twisting metal growled resistance. The vessel strained. More warnings whined to a deafening pitch.

Abruptly the air pressure dropped leaving Kyp gasping and grappling to find his breath mask.

He almost had it. His fingertips brushed the apparatus. But their strength was quickly departing. Kyp couldn’t grip it.

As his breathing laboured, Kyp watched feebly as the mask fell off the side. His hand clenched to catch it but it reacted too slowly. The piece of equipment hit the floor and rolled.

That miss was as good as a death sentence. That was it. He was finished.

Still strapped in, he closed his eyes, went limp in the seat and succumbed to the darkness calling his name.

~

It was sore. Under his arms. Around his chest. Across his torso.

His arms were heavy, swaying in a light breeze. His legs dangled. His dark hair hung about his face, tickling his skin.

The air smelt rotten.

Yet a fresh sunrise was warming the blood.

His cheek twitched as a tendril of hair danced across his features again. Eyelids fluttered weakly. And his fingers trembled.

Finally, he woke.

Panic flooded in when he discovered that he was suspended several metres high. Still attached to the pilot’s chair of his wrecked ship, he hung over a pile of trash.

Completely bewildered Kyp glanced around.

The cockpit window was completely gone, as was the co-pilot’s seat and the whole left side of the compartment he was meant to be sitting in. There were no controls. And all alarms were silent.

They probably all got ripped out. Kyp thought absently. Wait! How the frakk am I here? How am I even ali -?!

“So, you are alive then.” An unknown voice finished that internal thought for him.

Through his shifting locks Kyp spotted a woman on the ground a small distance away. Dressed in battle armour, with her dark hair pulled back and white markings on her face, the stranger observed him as he drooped above like a piece of fruit.

“Er.. it would.. appear so.” He managed to reply groggily.

Water. Suddenly his body was crying out for it. He needed liquids immediately. His throat was so sore and his mouth as dry as Tatooine’s famous deserts.

“Umm.. would you mind helping me down?”

“Sure.” The woman answered too enthusiastically for his liking.

She raised an arm - aiming it at him. Something glowed near her knuckles and wrist. Then, there was a whirring as a machine stirred to life.

Realising too late, Kyp shouted and pleaded for her to stop.

Linked to her arm, somehow connected – Kyp had no idea how, was a weapon. He just couldn’t see it from where he was hovering.

His pleas went unanswered.

She blasted her weapon at the back of his pilot chair.

Each shot jerked Kyp closer to the ground. He tensed and prayed but the rounds kept coming. Till eventually the seat disconnected from what was left of the cockpit and unceremoniously dropped to the rubbish below.

Kyp yelled out painfully.

Well, he thought, after making contact with the very very hard ground and all its junk, that happened.

Disorientated, dehydrated and now severely concussed, Kyp drifted in and out of consciousness.

The mysterious woman came over to inspect him.

As he lost the will to stay awake, he heard her say,
    “You don’t look like much. But.. you’ll do.”

~

Last edited: Mar 5, 2020
  2. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Cowgirl Jedi 1701 Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2016
    *teeters on edge of seat munching popcorn, while I wait for Jaina and Kyp to meet Thor and Hulk. And Loki*

I think Kyp already met Valkyrie, am I right?

3. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    You have the K/J dynamic so utterly perfect, naturally, with Kyp resenting the word "partner", perhaps wishing it was another adjective [face_mischief] And Jaina admitting she worries about him. And it would never be a mistake teaming those two up for a mission... or anything else. This looks to be a great crossover romp! :cool:

mayo_durron_666 likes this.
  4. SiouxFan

SiouxFan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 6, 2012
    I was greatly amused by this line! I'll admit to not being a huge fan of crossovers...but I'll make an exception for you!

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha likes this.
  5. mayo_durron_666

Nov 26, 2005
    You are totally on the money! [face_money_eyes] Yep that was Valkyrie. ;)

Hope you enjoy the next part.. :D

Aww thank you! [face_blush] I'm glad you like the K/J pairing and their interaction so far.

Hopefully we'll see them grow as a team during this weird wacky crossover. :D But first.. they need to find each other.. [face_mischief][face_devil]

So glad to hear you took a chance on this fic and enjoyed the first part. :D I appreciate the support!

~

Part 2 is here! We left Kyp in a pickle.. next we catch up with Jaina. And she's not having the best day either. Hope you enjoy!

Author's Note: I'm going to be adding one song recommendation on to every chapter. It's either a song I was listening to whilst writing, a song I think would go well with the situation characters are in or music I think would just be funny to have if the scene were in a film. You don't have to listen along but just thought I'd explain why I'm adding that info to my updates.

~

Chapter music/song: Rescue Me by Fontella Bass

~

Chapter 2
    There’s Only One Master

“.. she’s pretty to be sure but a fighter? .. I don’t know.”

“Give her a chance..”

Those troubling words lured Jaina out of the deepest sleep.

Slowly she raised her head, turning it from side to side, stretching out her neck muscles. Waking fully was hard. Her eyelids felt so heavy. The urge to rub her eyes was rudely interrupted by the fact that she couldn’t. Instead, she found herself cuffed to a large chair.

Confused, Jaina jerked at her restraints to no avail.

“Ah. See.” A voice startled her, “This one’s got spirit.”

Mid struggle, Jaina glimpsed around to discover quite a big audience. Lots of beings, different species in a variety of attire, formed a semi-circle behind her chair.

Before her stood two male humans. One squinted down at her with an unblinking stare. The other merely grinned triumphantly.

All eyes were on Jaina.

She swallowed.

Unnerved by such concentrated attention, Jaina took a breath and tried to relax. But it was awkward. Afterall, she was shackled and surrounded by strangers.

Not great odds. She thought. Then Jaina frowned. Wait – where was Kyp?!

The man with spiky grey hair, golden robes and blue eye shadow stepped closer.

He was clearly in charge. Ogling her like an insect, Jaina sensed straight away that she was nothing but a pet in this scenario. To be adored or crushed depending on his mood. The way others were holding their breath didn’t bode well for her.

Finally, he spoke,
    “Ten thousand units.”

The other stranger uncrossed his arms and argued,
    “Surely a beauty of this calibre is worth double?”

“If she can fight.”

“She can.”

Unimpressed, the one draped in gold questioned,
    “How would you know? You collected her whilst she was unconscious.”

“Grandmaster, this female was battle ready when she fell to Sakaar. She was carrying weapons. A gun of some kind. And this.. this was made for close combat. Here – look.”

A familiar electrical-snap-hiss made Jaina’s back straighten and a trickle of unease run down her spine. They had her lightsaber. The grinning man, who claimed to have captured her, held it in his left hand showing off its purple hue.

In the strange situation Jaina found herself in, the lightsaber humming brightly felt like an old friend. Reassuring her. She wasn’t alone.

The one called Grandmaster clapped and smiled,
    “Oh, you saved the best for last Scrapper 840! A .. light blade is it? Light sword? How charming! May I?”

As Scrapper 840 was about to hand over the hilt Jaina reached out with the Force, switched it off and yanked the hilt to her grasp. Still secured to the chair, Jaina clutched her faithful weapon in her right hand. Her grip was tight. And her dark eyes glared.

Stunned, the two men stood slack jawed.

Simultaneously, the entire crowd behind her gasped in both amazement and disapproval.

She was playing with fire. But when had that ever stopped the Sword of the Jedi?

Bluntly Jaina declared,
    “This lightsaber belongs to me. And only me.”

Surprisingly, the Grandmaster chuckled,
    “Well, well, well.. Scrapper 840 I think the price just went up. This is most impressive.”

Scrapper 840 still openly gaped as he stammered a response,
    “Er.. yeah.. it’s definitely.. unexpected.. impressive.”

“I’ll say.” The golden robed gentleman carefully approached Jaina with a charming smile, “My dear you are a rare find. Welcome, welcome! They call me Grandmaster. What is your name?”

Playing along for time, Jaina answered,
    “I’m Jedi Master Jaina Solo.“

Raising an eyebrow, the Grandmaster replied curtly,
    “There’s only one Master here, sweetness.” Swiftly his tone turned friendly and curious once again, “A ‘Jeday’ .. what is that? Are you a witch of some kind? I always thought witches were meant to be unpleasant vile creatures but you.. you make them look very appealing.”

Anger was starting to bubble up. This man was grating on her. Jaina had to control her impulse to snap back. She wasn’t completely stupid. Badly chosen words could get you killed. At least that was the vibe she was picking up on here.

“I’m not a witch.” She explained, “I’m a peace keeper.”

Pointing at her lightsaber, Grandmaster added,
    “And a fighter.. yes?”

“When the occasion calls for it.. yes.”

She should have said ‘no’. The moment the word ‘yes’ escaped her mouth the two men began bartering again.

Scrapper 840’s price for Jaina jumped up significantly. Grandmaster, though keen to buy, kept offering lower numbers. He was toying with Scrapper 840. Even chuckling at his show of frustration.

That was it.

Jaina was done.

She was not an item to be sold or bought.

Carefully, Jaina angled the lightsaber just so and snapped it on.

The hot beam cut through the restraints holding her left wrist. She yanked her left arm free and took the lightsaber into her left hand so she could do the same to the other manacles.

Jaina hissed as she tugged her right wrist free from the melted cuffs. Burns would heal in time. She needed to get moving. Fast and far away from these strangers.

But as she stepped away from the chair something attached to her neck sent several nasty jolts and shocks throughout her entire body. Jaina fell to the floor squirming wildly. Between clattering teeth, she moaned and gasped.

Abandoned, her lightsaber rolled across the shiny floor.

Scrapper 840 picked it up, turned it off and placed the hilt on his belt.

He went forward to kneel next to Jaina. As she trembled with the horrid energy pulsing throughout her cells, her captive held up a remote in his hand and grinned.

“You are not going anywhere.. Solo.. was it? You are now property of the Grandmaster.”

Now had Jaina been able to concentrate or use her abilities, she probably would have Force-choked the jerk.

It had been a long time since she’d had the urge to hurt someone.

Master Durron tried her patience daily. No one else could make her see red like he could. Kyp though was not in danger of being crushed or mangled, even on a bad day.

But this guy, Scrapper 840, he was going to get Jaina’s full wrath. It was going to be brutal and unforgiving. She was going to make him regret this.

In her current state, shuddering with tremors, all she could manage was a dark scowl.

Pathetic. She groused at herself. But stay alive a little longer - so you can get revenge on this kriffing rancor. One day. Very soon.

Not very Jedi-like thoughts, Jaina acknowledged this, nonetheless she felt justified in thinking them.

Scrapper 840 clicked the remote and the shocks stopped instantly.

Breathing hard, slumped on the cold floor, Jaina swore.

Laughing, Scrapper 840 rose to his fall height,
    “I can’t wait to see this one in the arena.” Merrily he chucked the Grandmaster his remote and smiled, “She’s all yours.”

Shaken, hurting and limp, Jaina couldn’t fight when two beings grabbed her arms and began dragging her away. She was headed for trouble and she knew it.

Uncaring whether they injured her or not, the guards dumped her in a dirty prison and left. It was a long space full of waste.

Jaina didn’t get up.

Nor did she glance around.

She knew she was screwed. She didn’t have to inspect her location to work that out.

Instead she stared up at the bland ceiling with a perplexed expression. It was a lot to digest. And she finally had a chance to assess her sticky situation.

How had she ended up here? Where was here? Who was Scrapper 840? When did he find and capture her? Where was Kyp? Was Durron even alive?

Questions came at highspeed in her mind. None of which could be answered. This infuriated Jaina further. A sharp headache quickly began to pierce her forehead.

Clutching her head, Jaina reached out with the Force to see if she could sense her partner anywhere. The results kept coming back negative. Her focus flickered in and out. She couldn’t concentrate. There was too much discomfort and confusion.

After a short time, she gave up. It was too painful. She would have to try again later when she was feeling better.

Delicately, Jaina crawled over to a wall to sit up and rest.

Silently, she thought of Kyp. He had to be alive. Jaina was absolutely certain he was too stubborn to simply vanish from existence.

Durron. She mused half-joking. I hope you’re doing better than me right now. I could really use some help here.

There was no witty reply.

No glimmer of Durron in the Force.

Alone, Jaina swore again and rubbed her sore brow.

I’ve got a bad feeling about this.. a really bad feeling.

~

Last edited: Mar 27, 2020
    SiouxFan likes this.
  6. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    [face_nail_biting] Oh my! They really do have to find one another first. Jaina is amazing! She's her mother and father all rolled into one don't mess with me package! [face_love]

mayo_durron_666 and SiouxFan like this.
  7. SiouxFan

Mar 6, 2012
    I think Luke has probably said that a time or four.

Jaina a witch? Depends on when you asked Anakin or Jacen! Fun update...in a 'hope-Jaina-doesn't-get-the-crap-kicked-out-of-her' sort of way. Thanks for the update!

8. mayo_durron_666

Nov 26, 2005
    Yes, Kyp and Jaina really do need to team up! :p Oh there's more where that came from, from Jaina.. [face_mischief] Cheers for reading!

Haha, you're right, Anakin or Jacen might have something else to add to the witch accusation! [face_laugh] Cheers for reading! Don't worry, Jaina will be okay and Kyp will get his butt kicked equally too. Another update coming soon this week.. [face_peace]

9. mayo_durron_666

Nov 26, 2005
    Author Note:
    Apologies for the lack of updates on this thread. :( My muses came and vanished quickly in April. I think covid-19 lockdown affected my creativity more than I realised at the time. Anyways an update is coming this week! :D Until then, wish you folks all the best.. MTFBWY [face_peace]

10. mayo_durron_666

Nov 26, 2005
    A/N:
    The update is here! :D Enjoyed writing this one, look forward to hearing what you all think.
    Thanks to all who click, read, lurk and comment! [face_peace]

~

Chapter music/song: We’ve Gotta Get Out of This Place by The Animals.

~

Chapter 3
    Er .. I’m honoured?

“I am not a slave! I am a free man! Let me go!” Durron shouted, only to be electrocuted once again by the device digging into his right forearm.

“Woa!” Grandmaster smirked, “He’s got quite a temper. I like his fire!”

The shocks abruptly ended. Leaving a rather weak Kyp Durron wheezing against the seat he was incarcerated in.

His wrists squirmed against the metal cuffs of the chair. It was useless. He was starving, thirsty and getting electric jolts far too often to stay focused.

Okay Durron time to acknowledge that you are being outplayed. Kyp thought reluctantly. Need a new plan. A simple plan. First: Stop getting shocked. Second: Find refreshments. Third? Make a third plan!

“He could warm up the crowd.” Suggested a plump female, with white markings upon her face and a remarkably cold gaze, “We need fresh blood.”

“Could do, Topaz, could do.” The grey-haired lord circled around Kyp, studying him closely, “I’ve had a promising newcomer delivered to me recently. A warrior. Perhaps they can be pitted against each other. I sense they’ll make quite a spectacle in the arena.”

“Quite.” Topaz agreed with no real excitement.

Kyp couldn’t stop himself from asking,
    “A warrior? What? An arena? Wait – am I a gladiator in this scenario?”

“By Sakaar, I think he’s got it!” Chortled the Grandmaster, “That is correct my friend and you are our latest exhibit in the Contest of Champions. What do you think of that?”

Wearing a sober expression, Durron replied,
    “Er I .. I’m honoured. But I need to get out of here. My ship crashed and in the chaos I lost my partner, my friend, I must look for them.”

“As touching as that tale is I’m afraid you’re stuck with me, Mr ..?”

“Jedi Master Kyp Durron.”

Immediately he regretted answering.

A sudden kind of comprehension shimmered over the Grandmaster’s gaze. His features turned smug and his grin unbearably pleased.

Sakaar’s tyrant looked like a rancor who had accidentally, but happily, stumbled into a bantha pen.

Kyp had a suspicion that whatever the Grandmaster knew didn’t bode well for him.

In fact, as the man kept looking gleefully down at him, Durron was certain that he was now one of the very unlucky banthas in the pen. And he wasn’t going anywhere fast.

“How much for the Jedi Master?”

“Fifty thousand.” Scrapper 142 responded casually from behind Durron’s chair.

Topaz scoffed while the Grandmaster nodded.

He didn’t even flinch at the high number.

“Deal.” To Topaz the Grandmaster added, “Make the payment and see that our new star is given nourishment, some private quarters, fresh garbs and … a haircut.”

Despite his shaky state and the promise to himself to behave, Durron exclaimed indignantly,
    “No one is touching my hair!”

“I don’t think you have a say anymore.” Scrapper 142’s voice floated over from behind, Kyp glanced around but couldn’t see her face.

“Mark my words,” He seethed, “when we meet again the circumstances will be different and I will make you pay for this.”

“Yeah, yeah.” Was she yawning? Durron was certain she was. Before he could add a more detailed threat, Scrapper 142 continued with a sigh, “You lot, contenders I mean, always say stuff like that. None have kept their vows yet though. Here’s a tip Jedi, free of charge, save your energy for the arena. You’re gonna need it.”

“Kriff you! You fr – arghhh!”

Kyp’s rude words turned to screams of suffering as tremors coursed throughout his entire being.

All the jolts came from the tiny mechanism on his arm, pulsing his muscles uncontrollably, making his teeth clash together.

Well done, laserbrain. Kyp angrily berated himself as he rattled in the confinement chair. You couldn’t even follow the first plan.

When the vibrations stopped his body drooped awkwardly to one side and his tired mind began to shut down.

~

Kyp bolted up wide-awake. His breathing was unsteady at first.

He found himself resting on a large round bed. The covers were lavish and soft.

As his right hand traced the bedding, he noticed the device attached to his forearm and quickly recalled the pain associated with it.

With his other hand he traced the gadget’s shape, trying to see or feel how it was fixed onto his skin. For a brief moment he even attempted to pull it off. But it was impossible. And for his efforts he got another small shock.

“Damn it.” Durron cursed under his breath.

It was then he discovered the two tubes connected to his left arm. They were linked to a complex machine near the bed. The apparatus was feeding his body essential liquids and nutrients.

Kyp drew the tubes out of his arm, shook off the sting and gingerly rose from the bed.

As his feet hit the polished floor, he realised his clothing was different. The black boots were new, tucked into them were brown breeches and up further a light blue tank top stretched across his chest.

Someone had changed him whilst he’d been unconscious.

That’s disturbing. Kyp thought. But I like their fashion sense – hold on, wait – did they wash me too?!

Hesitantly, he sniffed the skin of his arms and shoulders.

Yep. He scowled. That happened. They washed me.

Soap of some kind had definitely come into contact with him. He wasn’t totally ungrateful. Afterall he smelted nice, he just wished he’d been conscious for the cleaning activity. So he could have done it himself. With privacy.

Frowning at the odd white and blue patterns decorating his room with many geometric shapes, Kyp stopped to take in the luxury of the place. Besides the deluxe bed, there was a well-stocked bar, bowls of strange fruit on every table, an array of plush sofas and a workout station with all kinds of gym gear.

“Still a prison.” Kyp reminded himself. He glimpsed at the end of the room towards the closed door. No doubt in his mind - a locked door.

Near the workout area was a huge long window. It was early evening and lights were starting to switch on in the surrounding metropolis. He strolled over to see the view. Instead of gawking at the weird trash city below, he stopped dead and gaped at his own reflection.

“No!” He reached up to his hair. Most of it was gone. “No, no, no!”

With both palms his rubbed his head over and over, confirming with his fingers what he saw in the window.

They had shaved his head. No locks or curls survived. Just a thick layer of stubble remained.

However even with the stubble the barber had took liberties by shaving closer to his scalp with a smaller razor, forming numerous lines along his skull. Weaved together mainly on the left-hand side of his head, they appeared to make a pattern or series of hieroglyphs.

Livid, Durron stared at himself with renewed determination and swore,
    “I’m gonna frakking kill them!”

Unconsciously continuing to rub his scalp, he walked away from the view and paced the room.

This is crazy! He thought. What the hell is going on? I’m a prisoner! My hair is gone! And wait … Jaina.

Durron stopped moving. The anger disappeared. And his gut twisted with dread.

“Jaina,” Kyp whispered her name with reverence and closed his eyes. He focused on the Force and spread out his senses to search for Solo’s presence. “Jaina, please hear me. Please.”

For the longest time no one and nothing answered.

Kyp kept trying though. He refused to consider that he was in a universe without her. Jaina Solo was a force of nature all on her own. There was no way she would go down without a fight.

Deciding to direct all his energy into finding her, Kyp went back to lie on the bed and even reconnected the liquid and food tubes to his arm. With no more distractions he fell into a deep Force meditation.

It was hard to think straight with so much new information following in from his surroundings, from the planet and its population. Even harder was when he tried to ignore his own recent experiences on Sakaar.

His mind was bursting.

He knew he couldn’t scan every single lifeform in one night. Such a search was too vast. It would end up draining him. Then he’d be in trouble.

His instincts were telling him to save his strength and Force abilities for the arena.

He couldn’t find Jaina if he was dead.

After a several hours of silence, Kyp was about to give up when he felt a familiar aura. It was Jaina. She lightly brushed against him in the Force. Though her usual power was missing. That worried him.

Jaina. He tried to send a message through the Force but it seemed to lose its energy. Can you hear me? Sense me? It’s me, Kyp.

Kyp? .. You’re here? .. Kyp.

She sounded far away. Kyp had to really focus on her faint essence and hold fast to it. Was the Force different here on this planet? Or was she weak? Drugged? Injured?

All horrible possible scenarios began to flash through his brain.

Where are you? He kept his messages short to ensure their clarity.

Don’t know really. Jaina’s Force reply was awash with weariness. A prison of some kind. Ahh argh ..

Jaina? Jaina! He was starting to panic. Are you hurt?

Long story. But yes. Their connection began to slip away. Jaina’s exhaustion was clear. Can’t hold. Must rest.

Rest Jaina. Kyp soothed. I will find you.

With those last words exchanged their bond in the Force broke and they were both left alone in their separate prisons feeling bereft.

~

Last edited: Feb 3, 2021
  11. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    fascinating that Kyp isn't in a dungeon kind of prison - they at least know how to keep things nice and attractive but they have their own reasons. [face_worried] Glad there was contact with Jaina but the fade out at the end [face_worried]

=D=

12. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Dec 21, 2016
    The description of Kyp's room reminds me of Hulk's room.

13. SiouxFan

Mar 6, 2012
    This really made me chuckle...'cause, you know, there was NO way that was going to succeed!

Kyp, it's not like you're Samspon or anything...it'll grow back. You'll be able to woo the 'in-to-nonconformists-and-I-don't-know-why' crowd of ladies in a couple of months. Is it too much to hope that Jaina finds out she was fourth on that list? After the hair? So she can blackmail him later?

Last edited: May 11, 2020
  14. mayo_durron_666

Nov 26, 2005
    @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha: Kyp is being treated bit differently you're right, the Grandmaster likes to experiment with his pets I think. [face_thinking] I know it's been a while and the fade out with Jaina was mean of me but they will see each other soon. ;) Cheers for clicking!

@Cowgirl Jedi 1701: Kyp's very lucky to get Hulk-like accommodation. Thanks for reading!

@SiouxFan: Glad you found Kyp's lack of discipline to stick to his own plan funny. Haha, you're right Durron is very sensitive about his hair in this, he needs to get a grip, bless him. o_O Maybe Jaina should know what number she was on his list.. interesting idea [face_idea] I like it. Many thanks for checking this fic out, sorry for the hiatus, more coming soon.

AUTHOR NOTE: Apologises I've been away from the boards for a long while and delayed this fic's completion. I'm back on the boards and enjoying writing again, I will update this thread very soon! Thanks to all who click, read, comment and lurk. :D

Last edited: Jan 14, 2021
  15. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Dec 21, 2016
  16. mayo_durron_666

Nov 26, 2005
    Okay here is Chapter 4. Thanks for your patience @SiouxFan, @Cowgirl Jedi 1701 and @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha with this fic. Updates should be more regular, weekly, now that I've caught up with the boards and my own writing. I hope you enjoy! ;)

Comments welcome.

~

Chapter 4
    Nice to Meet You .. I Guess

Well, that could have gone better. Jaina thought sorrily as she slid down the prison wall. Then again, it could have gone much worse. I could have died.

Unable to clutch every ache or sore at once, Jaina hissed out an expletive as her butt landed on the concrete. She rubbed her swollen arm and shifted her torso awkwardly.

“Yep,” Jaina panted to herself, “something is definitely broken.”

“Probably a rib or two.” Came a friendly voice, “That’s lucky.”

Jaina’s head snapped up to find a giant creature made out of rock towering over her.

Instinctively, she jerked away to protect herself. Solo tried to stand, only to fall onto her hands and knees a few feet away. The poor Jedi cried out in pain and attempted to crawl away from the newcomer.

“Hey, hey, it’s cool lady, I didn’t mean to scare you.”

When the intimidating figure didn’t follow or threaten her, Jaina took a deep breath, turned around to face him and frowned,
    “Lucky? … You think I’m lucky?”

“Heck yes, lucky!” The grey stony ogre grinned, “I saw you in the arena against the champion, he’s an insanely tough nut, you fought well. If you hadn’t, you wouldn’t be here right now, you’d be squished in the sand. Instead, you’re here with me.”

“Who are you?”

“My friend’s call me Korg.” He knelt down to extend a large pebble hand, “That is they would if they could talk like you or I do.”

Hesitantly Jaina shook his hand,
    “Nice to meet you .. I guess. I’m Jaina.”

“I saw you do some nifty tricks during the fight,” Korg leaned forward to speak in a hushed tone, “how did you levitate the champion like that? It was so wizard! Wait – is that what you are?”

“Unfortunately, no, I’m not a wizard,” Jaina slumped onto the floor in defeat, “if I were, I would magic my way out of this place.”

“Damn,” Korg spoke openly, “that was gonna be my next question if you were a wizard. Hey Miek! She’s got no magic mate!”

“Alright, alright,” Jaina raised a hand, “there’s no need to shout the obvious.”

Korg helped Jaina to her feet as his insectoid friend came over to join them. Miek waved their knife-y hands in welcome. The best Solo could manage was a brief nod in the stranger’s direction as she tried not to stare.

“They’ll be serving food for us soon,” The stony giant steered her towards a small hatch door built into one of the walls, “it’s not good or tasty but it will give you some strength back.”

“I could use some of that right now.” Jaina admitted.

As if hearing them, someone opened the hatch and flung bowls of food out, skidding them across the floor to their feet. Then with deafening finality the hatch slammed closed.

It wasn’t much, it wasn’t nice, but it was something. Ignoring the smell and taste, Jaina scoffed the food down with her new companions.

~

One second he was in the centre of the arena, the next he was flying across the sand and smashing against the wall.

Coppery blood filled his mouth and his lungs faltered, making him wheeze and cough out red spurts. He swore he felt his skull crack. There were bells ringing endlessly in his mind that he’d never heard before.

On his hands and knees, Kyp stumbled away from the stadium’s edge powerless to stop his sputtering. That last hit had whacked all strength from his body. He couldn’t breathe, couldn’t stand and definitely couldn’t fight anymore. Durron was done.

The enormous crowd whooped their approval, yelling and chanting the champion’s name over and over:

“Hulk! Hulk! Hulk!”

Across the wide dusty floor, a huge green figure in gladiatorial armour stomped and roared his prowess. That was the champion, the undefeated fighter, the Hulk. And he was heading towards Durron again with a murderous look on his features.

True fear gripped Kyp as his muscles gave up. He fell to the grainy ground, limp and weary. This was not good. He was in real danger of not waking up tomorrow.

Physically out matched in every way, there was only one other choice available to Durron but that would take the last of his energy. There was little left in the tank as it was. He’d already used the Force a lot during the match, so he could move swiftly out of reach, add power to his punches and make precision swipes with his sword.

Now his weapon lay abandoned on the other side of the ring. The Force was his only ally. His only hope of survival.

With unsteady breaths, Kyp closed his eyes and focused on forming a Force shield around himself. As he channelled the Force into his being, he managed to absorb some of its healing energy. Almost immediately, the familiar meditation calmed his distressed mind and body.

Accepting the peril of the situation, Durron laid on the floor and waited for Hulk to make his move. He didn’t need to see his opponent run and jump. Kyp felt the vibrations in the earth and the shift in the Force.

Just inches away from Durron’s crumpled body, Hulk collided with his shield and was propelled away with a mighty burst of invisible waves. They sent the champion soaring. He crashed meters away with a cripplingly thud and roll.

Silence descended upon the masses.

Their favourite fighter was down.

Kyp didn’t open his eyes or try to move. If Hulk got back up somehow, Durron knew the champion would finish him. And there would be nothing he could do to stop it.

Please let it be over. He prayed.

An enormous projection of the Grandmaster appeared above to address the spectators.

As Kyp drifted in and out of consciousness, he couldn’t focus much on the Grandmaster’s speech. But he did smile brokenly to himself when the Grandmaster told the crowd that Durron had used a magic trick at the end, he had cheated and therefore was not the winner.

He had heard enough. Kyp stopped fighting and passed out.

~

Two people spoke. Glass shattered. Someone swore at a ghost.

Kyp frowned at the noisy intrusion.

A shush. Then quiet.

The scowl fell away from Durron’s features and he relaxed once more.

Fingers caressed his shaven head of hair. Their touch was gentle and the rhythm of movement soothing. It lulled him back to the cusp of sleep. Almost.

Curiosity outweighed his exhaustion and he cracked open his eyes to find Jaina cradling his head on her lap. She looked how he felt, beaten and tired. But then, realising he was coming to, Jaina gave him a small private smile and Kyp had to rethink his original thought.

Jaina wore those bruises like a queen. Despite her own recent battle, she was able to offer comfort and strength to others. Like right now, she gave him reassurance without thought for herself. There was no reward or price in her mind for such a gift. She was remarkable.

True, she had always impressed him but that smile did something else. It touched him. Made him feel worthy. Centred him like nothing else could. Deeper within himself a lock, buried ages ago and never spoke of, begun to unravel itself. His heart beat faster and stronger the longer she watched him. Did she know she had this kind of power over him?

“Hey there.” She said quietly, “Good to have you back, partner.”

Still hazy, Kyp lied there staring up at her.

“Speechless, huh?” Jaina teased, “This is a first.”

In the background a tall blonde warrior spoke with Korg.

Jaina glimpsed up when the newcomer tried to run down the long prison only to find himself transported back to where he had started. Their rocky cell mate explained the freaky circle concept as Jaina turned her focus back to Kyp.

Peacefully, he gazed up at her. His expression, unguarded and open, took Jaina a little by surprise. There was a kind of sincerity in his eyes she wasn’t sure she had ever seen there before. Durron wasn’t known for sharing his more vulnerable side often. However, this look felt an awful lot like trespassing on a secret.

Returning to stroking his sheared hair, Jaina commented,
    “I like the new haircut.”

For a split second Jaina thought she saw his busted lips attempt a grin. He winced and the feeble smirk vanished.

Kyp looked away thoughtfully. The different surroundings were disorientating. His eyelids grew heavy. He blinked many times, struggling to keep them open, wanting to stay awake, longing to understand what was happening, wishing to stay with Jaina and fearing it was all a dream.

Sensing his distress, Jaina leaned over him and uttered,
    “Close your eyes, Kyp. It’s okay, I’ve got you now.”

Mutely, Kyp nodded and allowed his eyelids to droop shut.

Jaina placed a gentle kiss on his forehead and sat back against the wall. One hand continued stroking his head whilst the other rested on his chest. She needed the reassuring feeling of his heartbeat under her palm.

Earlier he had been dragged into this prison, completely comatose, in such a critical state Jaina had worried for his life. She had used the Force to heal the worse of his injuries. Then, with what little water and spare clothing was around, she’d managed to get him to drink a little and bandaged up the gashes he’d earned in the arena.

At last, his heart was steady and his breaths constant.

Jaina let out a breath she hadn’t realised she had been holding. He was with her at last. They were both in bad shape but they would regroup and find a way out of this. Together they would find a way back home.

Abruptly, Kyp clasped her hand - the one resting above his heart. Unsure whether to extract herself from him or not, Jaina froze. Was he hurting? Was he trying to tell her something was wrong? She waited to see if he would wake again.

His fingers tightened.

“Kyp ..?”

Drowsily, he murmured back,
    “… partner.”

As he dreamed, his head slumped to the side but his large hand kept hold of hers. That was all he could say in that second and in that state. Yet, he had spoken the word with such tenderness it had made Jaina’s eyes gloss over with tears.

Not wishing to break the moment, Jaina kept her hand in his. With her palm still pressed to his chest she mentally began to count his heartbeats. She needed a distraction from her worrying thoughts. And in that instant, nothing else mattered to her except his heart.

~

Last edited: Feb 3, 2021
  17. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Jaina has found a useful ally in Korg it looks like and maybe even Miek. So happy she and Kyp are together again.

That whole scene... yummy. =D=

18. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Dec 21, 2016
    Methinks we have ourselves a glimpse of Thor. :D

19. mayo_durron_666

Nov 26, 2005
    Yes, its always good to make friends in new universes. :D It was great to reunite Jaina and Kyp. Thanks for reading!

We do! And hopefully more glimpses soon. [face_tee_hee]

20. mayo_durron_666

Nov 26, 2005
    Okay so weekly updates are taking a while to get off the ground [face_laugh] but an update is finally here [face_batting] and I'll attempt to post on this fic every weekend to come as long as the plot bunnies allow. [face_idea]

Hope you enjoy the next chapter! :D

~

Chapter 5
    It’s Not the Best Plan

“How are we gonna get out of this?”

“I’m open to suggestions.”

Since resting and eating much needed sustenance, Kyp was doing a lot better.

Jaina was relieved to see colour returning to his face and strength coming back into his legs.

As for her, while still injured and wheezy, Jaina felt happier just having her partner back.

They weren’t alone anymore. Whatever occurred now they were a unit again, able to support and motivate one another. It was a great relief for them both.

“Hmm. We could rush the guards?”

Unafraid or too stupid to care, two guards walked behind them paying no attention to their scheming.

Jaina frowned,
    “We could. But if we’re too slow they’ll activate the devices on our skin. And we’ll be dropped like new-born banthas.”

“Right … we need to remove these things, break out, steal a ship and -”

“- and fly in which direction? We have no idea where we are.”

“Umm. Choose a wormhole and pray?”

Jaina gave him a dark look over her shoulder.

“Alright, so it’s not the best plan I’ve ever come up with …”

With bound wrists, Kyp rubbed his neck and sighed. He went silent as he continued to contemplate their escape options.

Currently, they were being escorted to the arena. The present fight was in full swing and they were meant to be the stars of the next match.

The crazy noise from the crowd grew louder with each step.

Kyp and Jaina were losing time.

And neither wanted to battle the other.

“It’s not the best plan but ... it might be all we’ve got.” Solo admitted cautiously, “And right now, I’d rather that than nothing.”

Meeting her anxious brown eyes with his green ones, Kyp swore to himself that he would not let her down. They would get back to their universe. Somehow.

“Okay,” Kyp replied, as a guard began to shove him towards a corridor on the right, “how about we just make this up as we go?”

Another sentry started pushing Jaina left, attempting to separate them, as she answered,
    “Sounds more like our style.”

In unison, the two Jedi spun on their guards, spread their shackled hands wide and Force flung the guards.

The security men collided with the hallway walls so hard they fell unconscious instantly. With heads hung and arms slack they slid to the ground, completely motionless in their strange armour.

In the quiet their gun-like weapons, cuff keys and zapper controllers clattered out of their grip.

Jaina and Kyp shared a smirk before they knelt down to collect their spoils.

“I’d say that was easy.” Solo thought aloud as they unlocked each other’s restraints, “But I feel exhausted already.”

“Well, it probably doesn’t help that your wounded, Jaina.”

“But it’s more than that. Every time I use the Force in this place I’m struggling to fully grasp it, hold it and use it. It’s fighting me.”

“I know what you mean. I think the only reason I managed to channel it successfully in the arena was because my adrenaline was pumping.”

He clicked the controllers to deactivate the zappers. The small devices fell from their skin. With great satisfaction the pair stomped on them and grabbed the rifles.

Jaina rose to her full height, winced and clutched her side.

Concerned, Kyp stepped closer to place a hand on her rib cage. He reached out to the Force and used what he could of it to send healing energy into Jaina’s body.

“Thanks.” She breathed, “I suppose … I should have done that … before we left the cell.”

Instead, she had spent most of her time aiding Kyp. Infusing him with power. Healing his pain.

Warily, Durron watched her.

Something wasn’t right. She was paler. Labouring for air.

“We need to find a place to hide.”

He needed to scan her properly to figure out what was amiss. But this wasn’t the right the moment or place.

As soon as they were somewhere safe, he would examine and heal her.

Judging from her clammy complexion they had to move now. Before she fainted or more security was alerted.

“Here.” He shifted so her arm was around his shoulders, “Lean on me. Drop the gun, I’ve got us covered with this one.”

She nodded and followed his lead.

As they made progress down the right corridor, a massive detonation echoed in the distance and the floor vibrated under their feet.

Disturbed by the commotion they paused a second.

“What was that?”

Picking up the pace once more, Kyp responded,
    “Something powerful, I’m betting. Let’s not stick around long enough to find out though. Come on.”

~

Last edited: Feb 20, 2021
  21. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Glad they neutralized the guards and the zappers were removed. But what besides the injury is wrong with Jaina? [face_worried]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.