main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena Raise Hell, Praise Dale - NASCAR/North American Racing Series Discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by MariahJade2, Nov 16, 2006.

1. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    i'm glad jimmie got a top 5 to close his career out. could care less about a champion this year, lol.

Juliet316 and mnjedi like this.
  2. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    unfortunately, martin truex's wife's stage 3 cancer has returned.

was a big story in nascar a few years back, as she fought it off successfully while the garage/fanbase rallied behind her. since then, they've done so much for cancer research. wish her the very best.

3. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
  4. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    Force Smuggler likes this.
  5. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Rolex 24 at Daytona is this weekend - a short race today, and then the main one kicks off tomorrow just before 4p, and ends at the same time on Sunday.

49 cars in the race this year, field includes a former NASCAR series champ (Ky. Busch) and six Indy 500 champs (Rossi, Pagenaud, Dixon, Hunter-Reay, Montoya, and Castroneves). Hallie Deegan will also run in this race, as a warmup for her first full season of top-flight competition in the Trucks series.

6. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    lots of rumors flying around that jeff gordon is the most recent addition to SRX.

would reunite him with stewart, bobby labonte, and bill elliott for an incredibly talented group with a stock car background. first season's schedule was announced at the start of the year too:

[​IMG]

MotivateR5D4, mnjedi and cubman987 like this.
  7. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Jeff Gordon? Color me hyped if true.

heels1785 likes this.
  8. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    goodbye football, hello daytona week. wonderful timing.

tuesday = the clash
    wednesday = qualifying
    thursday = duels
    friday = trucks
    saturday = xfinity
    sunday = fiiiiiive hunnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnderrd.

[​IMG]

9. mnjedi

mnjedi JCC Arena Game Host star 5 VIP - Game Host

Nov 4, 2012
    The clash on the roadcourse is about to kick off. Happy speedweeks everyone.

Juliet316 and heels1785 like this.
  10. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Feels weird that this is not on a Saturday.

Juliet316 and heels1785 like this.
  11. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    that's rough for truex. not my guy, but unquestionably had the car to beat.

Juliet316 , Dagobahsystem and mnjedi like this.
  12. mnjedi

Nov 4, 2012
    Kyle Busch, right place right time. I imagine after going winless last year, he’ll take it.

What a finish.

13. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    bowman with another great daytona start. 23 team/wallace looked great in practice.

duels tonight. cannot wait, one of my favorite events of the season - thankful they're at night again so i can watch live!

Juliet316 and Dagobahsystem like this.
  14. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    ty dillon finished 6th in the first duel tonight, driving the 96 car - a massive accomplishment. he won't race in the daytona 500, because of some stupid charter exemption rule. that is wrong.

Juliet316 , mnjedi and jcgoble3 like this.
  15. Dagobahsystem

Dagobahsystem Chosen One star 10

Sep 25, 2015
    What channel is the big race going to be on on Sunday?
    I hope to be able to watch it.

heels1785 likes this.
  16. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    FOX - first big race for their new 3-man crew of Mike Joy/Jeff Gordon/Clint Bowyer.

Juliet316 and Dagobahsystem like this.
  17. Dagobahsystem

Sep 25, 2015
    Thank you @heels1785
    I'm going to tune in! That's a good crew. I'll check in here on Sunday.
    Cheers!

heels1785 likes this.
  18. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    dags, if you're bored tonight, can also check out the truck series race on fs1 - most of the daytona and talladega races with the current truck setup over the last few years have been incredibly exciting. far from the cleanest races, but exciting - also much shorter, only a 250 miler.

Dagobahsystem likes this.
  19. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
    Freely admit that I had no idea the Daytona 500 was this weekend until I saw an ad for it a few days ago and completely forget it has been twenty years that Dale died. That was well pre everything both personally and in the world. Rain I guess is in the forecast which would delay it. Hopefully that changes and they can get it in.

20. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    trucks delivered excitement, as always.

driver from my hometown that runs his own one-car team, jordan anderson, finishes 2nd at daytona for the second year in a row. love to see it.

Juliet316 likes this.
  21. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
    WWE's Sasha Banks is going to be the honorary starter for the race.

heels1785 likes this.
  22. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    jamie little calling the arca race for fox on pbp right now alongside chase briscoe and phil parsons. she's been an exceptional pit reporter and studio host for nascar over the years, fitting that she becomes the first woman to call a major series stock car race. respect.

Juliet316 and jcgoble3 like this.
  23. mnjedi

Nov 4, 2012
    Bummer to see Cope hit the wall this early, was hoping for him to have a solid run.

24. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Newman to the lead (briefly). Love to see it.

Last year's 500 feels like 10 years ago.

Juliet316 and mnjedi like this.
  25. Dagobahsystem

Sep 25, 2015
    Wow, that wreck effected a lot of cars.

Juliet316 , heels1785 and mnjedi like this.