main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena Raise Hell, Praise Dale - NASCAR/North American Racing Series Discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by MariahJade2, Nov 16, 2006.

1. mnjedi

mnjedi JCC Arena Game Host star 5 VIP - Game Host

Nov 4, 2012
    SRX returning for its first race tonight, the racing was really good last year so I’m pretty excited. Ryans Newman and Hunter-Ray are joining the full time slate this year.

heels1785 likes this.
  2. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
  3. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    nearly had first srx fight tonight, tony had ernie francis by the neck of his firesuit in the garage, berating him for a reckless slide job, it looked like.

good battle at the front between tony and biffle, entertaining race.

mnjedi likes this.
  4. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    hamlin and/or coach gibbs needs to gut that 23 pit crew and team. barker has no record of success, no idea why he was picked as crew chief. the guys he's put together are not ready for this level, and they're killing bubba's chances time and again.

5. Dagobahsystem

Dagobahsystem Chosen One star 10

Sep 25, 2015
    I was watching the race and there was a lightning delay. So I went to do a few things and when I came back the race was gone so I don't know what happened as there was a lot of racing left when the delay hit.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2022
  6. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    According to NASCAR.com, still in a weather delay.

This is what they get for trying to do a Sunday evening race.

EDIT: According to https://www.nascar.com/weather/ it looks highly unlikely they can restart tonight:

[​IMG]

So Monday it probably is.

Dagobahsystem likes this.
  7. Dagobahsystem

Sep 25, 2015
    Oh yeah, hate it when that happens.
    You're watching a great race, weather comes, 2 hours later and that's that. Goodnight.

8. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    It’s on USA/Peacock. Kyle Busch leading in the 3rd Segment

Dagobahsystem likes this.
  9. Dagobahsystem

Sep 25, 2015
    Oh wow, just tuned back in. Thanks.
    12 to go.
    KB now in second. Hamlin in 3rd.

Caution is out. 8 to go. Who will pit?
    Edit: Kyle and Denny both went to pit road. Several guys stayed out. Should be an interesting finish.

Chase Elliot, Kurt Busch, Ryan Blaney. 1, 2, 3.
    Going to pit road was a huge mistake for the 18 and 11 who were running 2nd and 3rd.

10. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    Tyler Reddick! If Dillon cost him the race by bringing out the caution, that would have been devastating. Not as bad as Bristol, but man.
    5 first time winners this season. Most since the Second season back in 1950.

11. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    I wonder if it's something to do with the new car? Could that have anything to do with this?

12. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    hamlin paint scheme for atlanta

[​IMG]

probably my favorite this year thusfar

mnjedi likes this.
  13. mnjedi

Nov 4, 2012
    Love the way new Atlanta races. Was really pulling for Cory LaJoie at the end sad to see him wreck.

My driver continues to not make any friends out there, but I made my choice, kinda fun rooting for the villain for a change. Impressive 2nd place run in a beat up race car.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2022
    Juliet316 and heels1785 like this.
  14. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    had to leave right around the time chastain and truex tangled, leading to a big wreck. surprised chastain recovered to 2nd.

solid run for harvick, but it's never a good day when elliott wins.

15. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    I'm the opposite. I don't like the new Atlanta. I don't like pack racing in general (and no, I don't like Daytona or Talladega either). I wish they'd put it back the way it was before.

heels1785 likes this.
  16. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    I don't get the hate for Chastain.
    Earnhardt wrecked people all the time. Stewart, Hamlin, Chase, and others tangled with people all the time, and people are okay with them.
    Hamlin just doesn't like some new young punk coming in and showing him up.

heels1785 likes this.
  17. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    truex and hamlin bitch about any and everyone, thats just their standard noise.

lol but austin dillon complaining - to anyone - about another driver's aggression is on a different plane, though. nobody would know who the **** that rich kid is, had he not intentionally wrecked almirola to win daytona.

chastain and suarez are relevant now, and so is their team. and they're changing the sport, taking oxygen and opportunities from the guys like truex who are fading away.

Force Smuggler and jcgoble3 like this.
  18. mnjedi

Nov 4, 2012
    He’s got no give, which is part of what I like about him, he’ll race you as hard for 15th as the lead, which rubs some people the wrong way. Probably could have avoided the wreck with Denny had he let up, but that’s not Chastain, he’s not going to give anybody an inch and everybody is just going to have to deal with that.

BTW the fact that Truex hates him because he blocked racing for forth on the last lap a while back is absolutely hilarious.

jcgoble3 likes this.
  19. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    I have to see a replay, but I've read that Hamlin got into Chastain earlier in the race, but no comment until Chastain got into Hamlin.
    Being angry about blocking early in the race, I can understand, but last lap? especially with points on the line? Do what you got to do.
    It's like Tony said said before the 2011 Championship, "I'd wreck my grandma to win the Championship." Compared to Edwards' "This is going to be fun." Jerk move, Tony, but at least you are taking this seriously.

jcgoble3 likes this.
  20. mnjedi

Nov 4, 2012
    Yeah that’s the thing that’s annoying. You are racing hard for the win, you do what you have to do. It’s stuff like when Joey Logano complained the whole season and then punts a car running a half second a lap slower than him for no reason for first and then acts like he’s the victim somehow that really gets me.

Dagobahsystem and heels1785 like this.
  21. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003

first, hell yes. gets reddick the hell away from richard childress.

second, curious if this means kurt has committed to one more year and tyler will just be replacing him in the 45 (my assumption), or if this is signaling expansion to a three-car team. if it's the latter, imagine trackhouse will want to keep up, and bring in a third full-time driver with the project91 as a part-timer.

mnjedi likes this.
  22. mnjedi

Nov 4, 2012
    I really like Reddick, great to see him get away from Childress. Wonder who he gets to fill the spot. Maybe he’ll give it to Ty so he can be personally financing the mediocrity of both of his talentless grandkids.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2022
    heels1785 likes this.
  23. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    they'll bring up sheldon creed or austin hill, i think. both are better than the dillons.

also lol

Juliet316 , jcgoble3 and mnjedi like this.
  24. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003

cubbbyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

nascar coming back to chicago area. street race.

Juliet316 , Dagobahsystem and mnjedi like this.
  25. Dagobahsystem

Sep 25, 2015
    That's pretty sweet.
    Yet another reason to head back to Chicago asap. Still gotta get to a game at Wrigley.

Juliet316 and heels1785 like this.