main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena Raise Hell, Praise Dale - NASCAR/North American Racing Series Discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by MariahJade2, Nov 16, 2006.

1. mnjedi

mnjedi JCC Arena Game Host star 5 VIP - Game Host

Nov 4, 2012
    Couple of really, really good moves from the 47 to take lead and then to keep it. Did it clean too, all the carnage was behind him. Just a really incredible job.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2023
    Juliet316 and heels1785 like this.
  2. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    larson took a really hard shot there, assume/hope he is okay.

3. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    Longest ever Daytona 500

Juliet316 likes this.
  4. ma_petite

ma_petite Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 26, 2006
    What a win for Busch, I understand everyone hates him but I think what he did with the new team is impressive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    that was a good last fontana race. much better than the ****fest last year with the blown tires. hope they build a fantastic track like phoenix and can get back on the circuit in the next few years.

6. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    oh boy. chase elliott injured in a snowboarding accident, having surgery tonight on his leg. josh berry will be in the 9 for hendrick until he recovers, it sounds like.

may root against him on the track, but that's just competitive bull****. hoping for his full and quick recovery.

mnjedi and jcgoble3 like this.
  7. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    this indy opener in st petersberg has been really bizarre. so many wrecks so far, and romain grosjean and scott mclaughlin just went into the tires battling for the lead, both out.

andretti was the strongest team coming in, and they've lost four cars today.

8. Jedimarine

Jedimarine Force Ghost star 5

Feb 13, 2001
    It's on over my shoulder. I couldn't sit there and watch anymore.

I think this track is too technical to start the year on.

heels1785 likes this.
  9. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    sharp pit stops for hendrick to keep byron and larson out front there. they look like the class of the field, logano probably works his way back to the front at some point.

wild that kyle (busch)'s car is running better after hitting the wall, lol.

mnjedi likes this.
  10. ma_petite

ma_petite Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 26, 2006
    Delightfully boring race so far, I hate when there are a bunch of caution flags.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    brad, kybusch, and logano running three wide, you know not one of them is lifting. inevitable that someone was wrecking.

Dagobahsystem and mnjedi like this.
  12. mnjedi

Nov 4, 2012
    Small slip up from the 24 crew put him behind Larson on the restart. The clean air might be enough to keep him there, the five has been the only car in Byron’s league today.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2023
    heels1785 likes this.
  13. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    reddick is a madman. i am pretty sure that 45 car is insanely loose, and he's just slinging it around these corners full-on and hoping not to hit the wall. love the way he drives, aggressive as hell.

harvick having a strong run, hope he can get a nice finish here.

mnjedi likes this.
  14. Jedimarine

Feb 13, 2001
    Who? I was watching golf!

15. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    joey got turned by brad, tore up the car going through the infield. done for the day.

think danica has been great today, she works really well with clint. much better than tony, who has lots of personality but is ill-suited for the booth.

Dagobahsystem and mnjedi like this.
  16. mnjedi

Nov 4, 2012
    Two tires at most here. Wouldn’t be super opposed to just staying out.

heels1785 likes this.
  17. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    no tires or gas for my boy truex! he knows i picked him in the jcc game, trying to bring it home.

mnjedi likes this.
  18. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    did 48 and 5 make contact there? i think bowman had to save it.

truex did his best ryan newman impression for half a lap there. good finish for bubba, hendrick owned the day.

mnjedi likes this.
  19. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
  20. mnjedi

Nov 4, 2012
  21. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    jenson button is going to run COTA, chicago street, and indy road course in a car backed by rick ware racing and stewart-haas.

jenson and kimi both on the track at COTA, that will be awesome.

mnjedi likes this.
  22. Jedimarine

Feb 13, 2001
    In theory.

In practice...if they are competitive, then the question is why they aren't running the series full time? Could they run the series full time?

Then bigger questions arise...like how could they slap a team together and be competitive?

But more likely, they run around in the back of the pack, probably end up in a wreck, and talk to all the reporters about what fun they had. Which kind of mocks the seriousness of the rest of the teams in the race, right?

It just feels like, if you want to run, you are in for the season, or you just wait for a special exhibition.

But since this is sanctioned, I guess NASCAR is thrilled about it. So sure. Whatever brings eyeballs.

Kimi is awesome.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2023
  23. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    all my homies ****ing hate harrison burton

five second lead and sure win gone because jeff's teenage kid can't drive

mnjedi likes this.
  24. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Byron!
    1 win away from 100 wins for the #24. Don't want to get greedy but pretty please 3 peat next week?

25. mnjedi

Nov 4, 2012
    Too many cars took two there for Harvick to take advantage of taking four. Sucks for him.

And of course the 11 and the 1 would wreck each other on the last restart, why would i expect anything else?

Last edited: Mar 12, 2023
    heels1785 likes this.