main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Ramblings: The Diary of Jorya Lank (07 Diary Challenge Fic) Drama/Angst/Humor-COMPLETE 1-1

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by LilyHobbitJedi, Jan 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LilyHobbitJedi

LilyHobbitJedi Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 29, 2005
    Title: Ramblings: The Diary of Jorya Lank
    Author: LilyHobbitJedi
    Timeframe: The year leading up to Order 66
    Characters: OCs, some various canon characters
    Genre: Drama/Angst/Humor
    Summary: Jedi Padawan Jorya Lank muses about the life of a Jedi during the Clone Wars.
    AN: This is for the The Dear Diary 2007 Challenge. I honestly had no intention of doing this challenge, but I couldn't resist. I'm going to try and post this once a week, but we all know how DRL can be. Jorya is a teenager in this fic, so I'm doing my best to make her sound that old. Enjoy!

Ramblings: The Diary of Jorya Lank

Entry 1

Dear Diary,

Is it just me or does it sound strange to name and address an inanimate object? Oh well?Moving on.

I really don?t know the proper way to start these things, so I guess I?ll introduce myself. I know that sounds silly as you are nothing but a datapad, but I will do it all the same. My name is Jorya Lank and I?m a Jedi?Ok so that wasn?t entirely accurate. I?m not a true Jedi, but I am a Padawan learning to become one.

Why am I starting a diary you may ask (despite the fact this datapad has no questions, nor is anyone EVER going to read it)? Simply for the fact that we are in the middle of a war and if I survive it I might be crazy enough to want to remember it. Anyway I?m also a teenage girl and there are certain things I might want to rant?err meditate about.

I?ve lived at the Jedi Temple on Coruscant my entire life and I honestly can?t remember the name of my homeworld. I?ve never been the most outstanding Jedi ever; ok fine?I?m a klutz! Just because I?m ran into Master Yoda twice doesn?t mean everyone has to call me a ?walking disaster?. On top of that I?m the shortest human in my year at the Temple. So everytime I had some form of mishap I just said that I?m ?vertically challenged?. And everyone bought it?Until I ran into Master Yoda.

I?m very grateful that I have the opportunity to become a Jedi, after all most of the galaxy will never get to use the Force or bear a lightsaber. Then again maybe they are the fortunate ones, for being a Jedi is probably the most complicated life there is. For the longest time I was sure that I would be sent to the Agricorps, but fortunately Master Ellia Taske took me as her apprentice.

It?s been four years since then, and I?m now seventeen. It really doesn?t feel like it?s been that long. I blame it on this silly war. It really feels like it?s going to go on forever! I?m sick of seeing all the bloodshed, all the combat, and the missions Jedi have now. There was a time when we were peacemakers and negotiators primarily, but now we are war generals and the Republic?s only hope. I?m hoping it will end soon, but those Separatist won?t see reason.

Well I just heard my comlink beep at me and it looks like Master Taske and I have an appointment with the Council. Time for yet another battle I?m sure. Oh boy! *rolls eyes*

2. Lea-El

Lea-El Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 13, 2005
    Seventeen! boy you are brave. I'm not sure I remember what seventeen was like. [face_whistling]

Good start can't wait to see how it goes.

3. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    This is a very interesting character you've got. I'll be reading more.

4. Star_Angel

Star_Angel Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2006
    This was a great start; I?m really looking forward to read more about Jorya and her life.

EDIT: I forgot to ask before, but if you make a pm list for this story, could you add me to it?

5. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    Ah, Jorya sounds like the typical 17 year old girl...well, klutzy 17 year old.

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Very nice beginning. I look forward to more

=D= =D= =D= =D=

6. LilyHobbitJedi

Aug 29, 2005
    Lea-El: Seventeen! boy you are brave. I'm not sure I remember what seventeen was like.

I think it?s definitely an interesting part of anyone?s life and even more so if you?re a Jedi padawan.

Good start can't wait to see how it goes.

Thank you!

DarthIshtar: This is a very interesting character you've got. I'll be reading more.

Thanks, I?m glad you like it so far.

Star_Angel: This was a great start; I?m really looking forward to read more about Jorya and her life.

Thanks, I?m so glad you that you are enjoying this.

EDIT: I forgot to ask before, but if you make a pm list for this story, could you add me to it?

I would be happy to add you to a pm list.

KELIA: Ah, Jorya sounds like the typical 17 year old girl...well, klutzy 17 year old.

Most definitely. :)

Very nice beginning. I look forward to more

Thank you!!

7. G__Anakin

G__Anakin Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2006
    Cool looking diary!:)

Could you PM me when Jorya writes more[face_laugh] [:D]

8. MsLanna

MsLanna Jedi Master star 6

Jul 8, 2005
    I?ve never been the most outstanding Jedi ever; ok fine?I?m a klutz! Just because I?m ran into Master Yoda twice doesn?t mean everyone has to call me a ?walking disaster?. On top of that I?m the shortest human in my year at the Temple. So everytime I had some form of mishap I just said that I?m ?vertically challenged?. And everyone bought it?Until I ran into Master Yoda.

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]
    Being 'vertically challenged myself, I just loved that part.

9. LilyHobbitJedi

Aug 29, 2005
    G__Anakin:Cool looking diary!

Thank you! I'm glad you like it. :)

Could you PM me when Jorya writes more

I would be happy to.

MsLanna: Being 'vertically challenged myself, I just loved that part.

To let you in on a little secret, I'm 'vertically challenged' too, which is why I had to make Jorya short too. I'm glad you enjoyed it!

10. LilyHobbitJedi

Aug 29, 2005
    Summary: Jedi Padawan Jorya Lank muses about the life of a Jedi during the Clone Wars.

Here is the PM List, if anyone wants to be added/removed please pm me to let me know.

Star_Angel
    G__Anakin

Ramblings: The Diary of Jorya Lank

Entry 2

Dear Diary,

I feel like tearing the hair out of my head right now, literally. I know that to be a Jedi I must accept any annoyance and let it go. But seriously, how much is one girl supposed to be able to handle? I need to get this off my chest, so I will start from the beginning.

A week ago, (actually the day I started this diary) my Master and I went to report to the Jedi Council. And with my luck, or rather lack thereof it was unfortunately bad news.

So Master Windu explained that there was a small conflict that needed to be handled promptly. As I recall it had something to do with some argument between Jawas and moisture farmers on Tatooine, a minor task compared to everything else we?ve been doing lately. Then Master Windu said that only one Jedi Knight was required, after which he gave me one of those piercing stares he?s so famous for.

?So Jorya is to stay here?? Master Ellia asked.

?A task in mind we have for your Padawan,? Master Yoda replied.

At this point I was horrified wondering what chores the Council might have for me. No doubt Yoda would want me to perform some task that would yet again prove how uncoordinated I am. As worried as I was I had no clue what they really wanted me to do. And honestly, I should?ve run out of the room screaming. Instead I just stood there like a good little naïve Padawan.

?Lacking an attendant in the crèche we are. Want we do for you to fill in until your Master returns,? Master Yoda said.

Seriously, jumping into a gundark?s nest would?ve been safer than the job that was assigned to me. But how can one deny a request from the Council? Especially when your Master is standing right next to you.

So the next morning after I?d said goodbye to Master Ellia, I regretfully reported for crèche duty. A harried Crèche Master gave me a list of the initiates I was to care for (7 toddlers and 3 infants) and another detailed list describing the daily itinerary.

I knew instantly that it was going to be a very long day and stuff went wrong from the very beginning. As I was distracted (cleaning a baby?s smelly diaper), some little boy ran up and snatched the lightsaber from my belt.

I quickly finished with the diaper and turned to the little boy. He was studying the lightsaber curiously and I was terrified that he was going to turn it on and behead himself. ?Almir,? I said, remembering his name. ?Can I have that back??

The boy only pulled it close to his chest and shouted. ?MINE!?

?It?s not yours,? I said trying to be patient with the little thief. ?Give it back.?

?NO!? the boy pouted, moving away from me.

I decided to try a different tactic. ?Almir do you want to be a Jedi??

The child nodded vigorously.

?I am a Jedi,? I said. ?And one thing I learned is that Jedi never take what don?t belong to them.?

As I predicted the child looked guilty, and then handed me my saber. ?Don?t want it,? Almir explained.

?I know you didn?t,? I said, putting my saber away. Is it un Jedilike to enjoy using reverse psychology on a 2 year old?

Unfortunately the other kids heard me say that I was a Jedi, so I was in turn interrogated. They all wanted me to use the Force and I had to give a demonstration to keep them happy. The rest of the questions were rather annoying, I would explain something very clearly and some kid would then ask ?Why??

The rest of last week and the start of this one have been irritating and that?s putting it mild. I?ve been punched, kicked, bit, scratched, puked on, and screamed at. I even gave myself a concussion when the box I was reaching for fell off a shelf a

11. G__Anakin

G__Anakin Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2006
    :) Great Chapter Lily[:D]

12. LilyHobbitJedi

Aug 29, 2005
    G__Anakin: Great Chapter Lily

I'm so glad you liked it, thank you!!

13. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    I love Jorya. Could you please put me on your PM list?

=D=

I'm looking forward to the next post! :D

14. MsLanna

MsLanna Jedi Master star 6

Jul 8, 2005
    A wonderful upadate.:D
    Jorya sounds like my sister, she worked in a kindergarden for five years. (Then she had enough and decided she'd rather study. Go figure. :p)

I liked the retrieval of the sabre.
    But I'm amazed that they wear them in the creche. It does sound dangerous.[face_worried]
    I wouldn't mind if her Master stayed away for a bit longer and we get to see her suffer in the creche.[face_mischief]

Please put me on the pm list.[face_batting]

15. Star_Angel

Star_Angel Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2006
    Amazing new update Lily=D=. And having two younger brothers myself + having worked at a day-care, I know what she is going through.

16. Lea-El

Aug 13, 2005
    Poor Jorya Hope her master gets back soon to rescue her.:oops:

17. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Poor Jorya - a week in the crèche is pretty severe punishment for someone who didn't even do anything wrong.

Lovely update

=D= =D= =D= =D=

18. LilyHobbitJedi

Aug 29, 2005
    VaderLVR64: I love Jorya. Could you please put me on your PM list?

Thank you, I would be happy to add you to the list.

I'm looking forward to the next post!

More coming soon.

MsLanna: A wonderful upadate.
    Jorya sounds like my sister, she worked in a kindergarden for five years. (Then she had enough and decided she'd rather study. Go figure. )

Thank you, I don't blame your sister. Dealing with little kids is quite the challenge.

I liked the retrieval of the sabre.
    But I'm amazed that they wear them in the creche. It does sound dangerous.

Let's just say that Jorya wasn't thinking...it'll be addressed in the next update.

I wouldn't mind if her Master stayed away for a bit longer and we get to see her suffer in the creche.

She very well might. [face_devil]

Please put me on the pm list.

Consider yourself added to the list. :D

Star_Angel:  Amazing new update Lily . And having two younger brothers myself + having worked at a day-care, I know what she is going through.

Thank you! I actually got the inspiration for this chapter because one of my friends (who works at a day care) won't stop talking about how annoying it is.

Lea-El: Poor Jorya Hope her master gets back soon to rescue her.

Yes, definitely. [face_worried]

KELIA: Poor Jorya - a week in the crèche is pretty severe punishment for someone who didn't even do anything wrong.

She thinks so too!

Lovely update

Thank you!! :D

19. correllian_ale

correllian_ale Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 20, 2005
    So everytime I had some form of mishap I just said that I?m ?vertically challenged?. And everyone bought it?Until I ran into Master Yoda.

[face_laugh]

I?m sick of seeing all the bloodshed, all the combat, and the missions Jedi have now. There was a time when we were peacemakers and negotiators primarily, but now we are war generals and the Republic?s only hope.

Great point Lily, it is awful when youngsters have to out their lives on the line in sometimes meaningless bloodshed.
    _

Lacking an attendant in the crèche we are. Want we do for you to fill in until your Master returns

uh, oh. Daycare duty...

All in all it?s been a trying week. I hate to say this but I would rather be fighting in another battle then deal with those little monsters again.

[face_laugh]

=D= Lily!

20. PadwanKayla

PadwanKayla Jedi Master star 4

Jul 2, 2005
    This is great! I love your OC and can relate to her, being vertically challenged too - it appears that I am in good company there! Very cute story and she does sound like a 17 year old. I'm guessing children are not her forte. Looking forward to more from her. Could I get on that pm list too please?

21. LilyHobbitJedi

Aug 29, 2005
    correllian_ale: Great point Lily, it is awful when youngsters have to out their lives on the line in sometimes meaningless bloodshed.

Thank you, yes it is.

uh, oh. Daycare duty...

That's for sure!

=D=Lily!

Thank you!

PadwanKayla:This is great! I love your OC and can relate to her, being vertically challenged too - it appears that I am in good company there! Very cute story and she does sound like a 17 year old. I'm guessing children are not her forte. Looking forward to more from her. Could I get on that pm list too please?

Thank you so much. I'm so glad you like Jorya I wanted to make her a regular person despite being a Jedi. She's definitely not a fan of taking care of kids. I would be happy to add you to the pm list!

[color=blue]AN: Well here's the next update, I apologize that it's a little late. [/color]

Here is the PM List, if anyone wants to be added/removed please pm me to let me know.

[b]Star_Angel
    G__Anakin
    VaderLVR64
    MsLanna
    PadwanKayla [/b]

[b][u]Ramblings: The Diary of Jorya Lank[/u]

Entry 3[/b]

Dear Diary,

Looking at my latest entry, I realize that everything I complained about really wasn?t as bad as I made it out to be. At least when it is compared to last week. There was absolutely no time to write in this then because of the crazy events that kept occurring. Well Diary, get ready for one crazy story.

I was told that I was to report to the crèche again (at this point I have no doubt that the Council is out to get me), but at least this time I wasn?t alone. Another Padawan by the name Tegan Sarr had the misfortune to be put in the same ward I was in. I was honestly pleased to have some help though the Crèche Master did give us another five children to contend with.

Tegan really seemed uneasy around little kids (even more than I was). The first thing he said to me was. ?Uh?so what are we supposed to do?? And he had the most pathetic look on his face that I couldn?t help but giggle. Then I patiently showed him the youngling?s itinerary and he was of course totally confused. At this point I was growing very concerned for what was to come next?And with very good reason.

So Teran and I were responsible 15 younglings altogether and neither of us were very adept at taking care of them. For the first hour we chased them around, changed smelly diapers, ?attempted? to potty train one very stubborn Bith, put the same 4 children in time out 3 times each and finally were able to put them all down for a nap. I was shocked to see that they actually fell asleep though I should?ve known it was the calm before the storm.

While they were sleeping I finally had the opportunity to speak with Teran. He?s Padawan to Master Joti Kain and is 2 years older than me which is why I?ve never met him before. He?s human with dark brown hair and eyes and is at least a foot taller than me and very muscular. He?s actually on the verge of becoming a Knight and is also waiting for his master to return from a solo mission.

The more I talked to him, the more I liked Teran and over the past week we?ve become fast friends. It?s not surprising seeing all the adversity we faced together. You might be wondering what it was (despite the fact that you are STILL an inanimate object), so here it goes.

On our second day attending the younglings, 2 of them got sick with some kind of flu virus. The following day, 5 more got it and before long our crèche ward had become a sick bay. One of the Crèche Masters came in to join us, but it didn?t help much. When kids are sick they cry most of the time and it was incredibly aggravating though I did feel bad for them.

The rest of the slowly descended from bad to worse as Tegan also got the flu

22. Lea-El

Aug 13, 2005
    Wow! Meet a new friend and diaper duty at the same time. Sounds like fun.

A mission so soon after being sick could be interesting.

Look forward to more.

23. PadwanKayla

PadwanKayla Jedi Master star 4

Jul 2, 2005
    Great update! So I hope we'll be seeing more of this friend soon!

24. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    It sounds like they had a busy day!

Loved it. =D=

25. OCDatabaseSock

OCDatabaseSock Jedi Grand Master star 3

Dec 17, 2004
    This was so neat, my wife works in a daycare; so it's like listening to her talk about work. Great job Lily!

=D=

EDIT: Sorry, used the OC sock...[face_blush]
    -correllian_ale

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.