main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

The Bad Batch Rampart

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by godisawesome , Jan 14, 2023.

1. Chris0013

Chris0013 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    Just keep Rampart at Mount Tantiss behind the scenes.

2. SyndicThrass

SyndicThrass Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 25, 2016
    I don’t think Rampart himself is indispensable to the Empire. He’s a mid-level military bureaucrat without much more to offer, and he’s publicly failed Palpatine by allowing his screw ups to come to the surface. The only thing that realistically would be awaiting him would be a firing squad.

3. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    Or something far worse.

Lomer2012 likes this.
  4. Cad_Bane's_Hat

Cad_Bane's_Hat Jedi Padawan star 1

Sep 5, 2022
    I'd imagine that Rampart has some dirt on Tarkin and knows about super important Imperial projects, so keeping him alive may not be in the Empire's best interest.

5. Lomer2012

Lomer2012 Jedi Master star 1

Dec 23, 2016
    Technically the comics you refer to happened after TESB, but I wouldn't mind the sly fox surviving after ROTJ too.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2023
    Fredrik Vallestrand likes this.
  6. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Mas Amedda and Sly Moore retire together and get married...

Lomer2012 likes this.
  7. Generational Fan

Generational Fan Jedi Master star 4

Oct 21, 2015
    Maybe Palpatine will give him the "electric" chair in his office behind closed doors.

SyndicThrass likes this.
  8. Lomer2012

Dec 23, 2016
    They have spent a lot of time developing Rampart, so I expect that we will see more of him, whether as a bitter prisoner, a disgruntled demoted officer or even a simple stormtrooper (a BB's version of Brom Titus), an experimental subject in Mount Tantiss's facilities, or maybe in his last moments in front of the fire squad. He is due to have at least one more meeting with Crosshair.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2023
  9. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    It’ll would be really dumb to have Palpatine let him go free and get a demotion. He either stays in prison, is killed, is used for weird experiments, or escapes from prison and looks for some kind of justice for himself from outside Imperial structures. To me the best storytelling thing to do is nothing. He seemed like a big fish, but he was a mere dispensable cog in Palpatine’s machine. Let his part in the story be done. That makes a strong point, story-wise. Underlying just how ruthless and terrifying this political organization is. Even some of the worst of them aren’t safe within it.

Riv_Shiel, SyndicThrass and Lomer2012 like this.
  10. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I honestly think it’s more of a call back to the whole Nuremberg defense if they were just following orders. I have heard people say it’s just a reference to good soldiers follow orders. But I think it’s much more direct as he was a high ranking fascist.

11. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    I think that is the entire point of him. We are watching the earliest days of the Empire, where many people who believe their loyalty to the Imperial cause will benefit them, learn to their own horror that no individual matters at all to the Emperor, once their usefulness has been compromised.

Consider how many high ranking military officers he "let" die in RotJ just so the Rebels would think they were making progress, only to discover it was (in the words of Admiral Ackbar) a trap.

12. Cad_Bane's_Hat

Cad_Bane's_Hat Jedi Padawan star 1

Sep 5, 2022
    I'd be curious to see if Rampart's arrest has any effect on Crosshair. Up till now he's been operating under the belief that being a good solider means following orders, but that hasn't really worked out great for either of them. It seems Crosshair has been harboring doubts about the Empire but has kept them suppressed, so I wonder if we'll start to see a transition in his character.

Swashbucklingjedi and Lomer2012 like this.
  13. Lomer2012

Dec 23, 2016
    All of the above are great points, but I think the dynamics of Rampart's personal relationship with Crosshair will probably lead to another encounter between them.

Swashbucklingjedi likes this.
  14. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    I certainly wouldn't mind seeing Rampart in his cell, only to get taken out by a shot from somewhere out in the darkness.

EDIT: An alternative could be that video of Rampart's arrest gets plastered all over Holonews and we see Crosshair watching Rampart screaming Crosshair's favorite go-to line about "following orders" as he is being thrown under the bus by the Empire. The result may not be the two ever meeting again but Crosshair rethinking everything in the wake of watching the reward one receives for "following orders" in the Empire.

15. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    He dies to his own failure in ANH.

16. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Safe from Palpatine at least.

17. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    That would be perfect. Why hasn’t Lucasfilm hired you yet?

18. DannyD

DannyD Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2017
    Completely agree. Rampart's role - ruthless, sels-interested and dispensible - sums up the type of Imperial being sought and what becomes of them. I think he was well portrayed in that regard, but let that be it.

An ending to his story in the way suggested would be brilliant and add to Crosshair's story. Alas, it's TBB and I don't have faith the writers can reach such high standards, even with the last two decent episodes under their belt. (This i made all the more frustrating that a better version will only exist as an idea on these forums!)

Bor Mullet likes this.
  19. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Next episode should open with Rampart being in front of a clone firing squad. Irony. :p

Lomer2012, godisawesome and DannyD like this.
  20. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    As long as it's not a stormtrooper firing squad, that could take all day. :storm:

21. Foreign32567

Foreign32567 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 4, 2021
    Hemlock's phrase about achieving "enlightened society" via Kaminoan technologies made me wonder that maybe he can try to use Rampart as a template for creating new class of cloned bureaucrats for the Empire, that had the original's skills, but modified to be less self-confident than him. Like Weyoun situation in DS9.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2023
  22. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    We now know Rampart’s first name Edmond. Truly a name to strike fear into the hearts of the masses.

I always find it interesting when they give characters actual names instead of made up stuff like Anakin, Obi-Wan

23. Foreign32567

Foreign32567 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 4, 2021
    Welcome back, with this beard no longer Sheriff Woody.

Happy Sando likes this.
  24. King_of_Red_Lions

King_of_Red_Lions Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 28, 2003
    I suspected we might see Rampart again this season. We'll see far he will go to get revenge on the Empire who set him up and sent him off to prison.

25. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Do you think he'll seek revenge or he's an Imperial lifer like Syril who will seek redemption among them to get out of prison and back in their ranks? I don't think he's in a position to doublecross The Bad Batch but he could easily pull a fast one on them to try to get back into Imperial favor. I would say Crosshair is going to kill him. But it was great character growth seeing Crosshair's restraint when dealing with Rampart. I think Hemlock is Crosshair's real antagonist now.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2024