main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT The "What-If?" Depository - ALL conceptual/hypothetical conversation goes here

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by SithStarSlayer, Feb 27, 2013.

1. Prime Jedi

Prime Jedi Force Ghost star 6

Apr 14, 2018
    Would Yoda work with Palpatine after turning to the dark side or would he do something else? And what if they go into exile and have Anakin develop his strength more, since he has only lost one limb at this point?

2. DARTHLINK

DARTHLINK Force Ghost star 4

Feb 24, 2005
    I imagine Yoda would attempt to murder Palpatine and rule the galaxy himself.

“Stupid and infantile, you all are. Through me, understand peace and justice you will.”

Prime Jedi and PCCViking like this.
  3. Prime Jedi

Apr 14, 2018
    I agree.

What if Dooku had betrayed Palpatine, killed him, and as new leader of the CIS, defeated the Republic and took over the galaxy?

teamhansolo likes this.
  4. Taral-DLOS

Taral-DLOS Jedi Master star 3

Jun 29, 2009
    I wasn't sure if there was a thread to post this in, but I wanted to share it somewhere on the Prequel forum.

As part of an effort to read the entirety of the Star Wars Legends saga (over the course of what I assume is a great many years), I finally finished Episode I. I made a blog post about the Episode I movie, novelization, comic adaptation, the Episode I Adventures comics, the Podracing Tales webcomic, the game Battle for Naboo, the Trade Federation and Gungan campaigns of Galactic Battlegrounds, and for fun a bit of Episode I Racer. I had previously made three posts about "Journey to Episode I" content, including Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan stories (excluding Jedi Apprentice), Darth Maul stories, and miscellaneous (Darth Plagueis, Starfighter, and some comic arcs).

The thing I specifically wanted to share was a fun bit of nonsense I found in the novelization: I believe Jar Jar inspired Anakin's political views that made him susceptible to being pro-Empire.

In the novelization, Ani goes to the Jedi Temple to be tested after the Senate scene (whereas in the movie and comic he leaves for the Temple first, as Padmé is getting ready). Ani and Jar Jar sit in the hall outside the Senate Chamber, watching the proceedings on a tablet. After the vote of no confidence, Ani says he hopes that this means things will work out in their favour, but Jar Jar says (in his weird pidgin, but still very clearly) that with that many people needing to agree, nothing good and productive can arise.

Fast forward ten years later. In the meadows in the lake country, Anakin tells Padmé that he doesn't think the system works, because people don't always agree, and so they need to be "made to" agree, by "someone wise."

Ergo, Jar Jar Binks instilled in young Ani that the tendency of politicians to not easily find agreement means that nothing good can come of the current political system.

Lulu Mars and Grievousdude like this.
  5. Prime Jedi

Apr 14, 2018
    What if Anakin was picked up by Bossk a year before Episode 1 to be a bounty hunter, while naturally learning how to use the force?

6. DARTHLINK

Feb 24, 2005
    Interesting scenario. I suppose Bossk might think Anakin’s little gift would prove useful in their missions and Anakin would grow to be a bounty hunter in his own right. Whether Palpatine would sense this and try to manipulate Anakin to his side, I’m not certain. The Jedi, naturally, would keep an eye on this strange Force User because he’d be considered an anomaly.

Prime Jedi likes this.
  7. xx_Anakin_xx

xx_Anakin_xx Jedi Master star 4

Jan 9, 2008
    I am re-watching the PT, as I do from time to time. May I just reiterate how much I love Phantom Menace...fantastic movie from beginning to end. Now watching AOTC "Agressive Negotiations" ... "Negotiations with a lightsaber" haha! Completely underappreciated line, that one.

8. 11-4D

11-4D Force Ghost star 5

Apr 6, 2015
    Anyone notices that Obi-Wan casually refers to Palpatine as Emperor before he's declared himself such? A real headscratcher right there.

9. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    Maybe they got an update from Bail once the Empire declaration was over, and before reaching the Security Room?

Prime Jedi and Huttese 101 like this.
  10. boonjj

boonjj Jedi Master star 1

Jan 21, 2016
    I feel one of the biggest what ifs is what if quigon never died and went on to train anakin

Prime Jedi likes this.
  11. 11-4D

11-4D Force Ghost star 5

Apr 6, 2015
    Maybe. Really weird how we never get much of a reaction from the characters (other than Padme) about the creation of the Empire. Should be big news...

Jedi Knight Fett and Prime Jedi like this.
  12. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    Not before, after. And not just that, he had just watched an holorecord of Sidious refering to the Empire.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2018
    The_Phantom_Calamari likes this.
  13. 11-4D

11-4D Force Ghost star 5

Apr 6, 2015
    Oh. He still seemed way too casual about such a massive bombshell.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  14. DARTHLINK

Feb 24, 2005
    Obi-Wan is a Jedi, he’s supposed to be in complete command of his emotions. Something bad happens, they’re supposed to keep a calm, cool, collected head and figure out their next move. An Obi-Wan spazzing out and crying about this wouldn’t help anything.

Prime Jedi likes this.
  15. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Plus, at least in the ROTS novelisation, it was made clear that Palpatine had been becoming increasingly autocratic throughout the war. His conclusion was probably "Well, this was predictable, in hindsight".

Prime Jedi likes this.
  16. TheNewEmpire

TheNewEmpire Jedi Master star 3

Aug 12, 2007
    Has anyone ever wished that Lucas had filmed Episode 2 a real 10 years after episode 1?
    That way the actors could have aged realistically and we could have gor Jake Lloyd back as Anakin Skywalker.

I happen to think that Lloyd would have turned in a better performance and the movie and Episode 3 would have benefited from the 10 year break.

Lucas could have perfected his scripts, the CGI would have improved, the entire quality of the production would have increased.

The-Clone-Wars likes this.
  17. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Interesting concept. However, this goes in the "Random/What If" depository.

18. TheNewEmpire

TheNewEmpire Jedi Master star 3

Aug 12, 2007
    I didn’t realise that i would have to wade through pages and pages of disparate conversations to talk about my specific thoughts. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Huttese 101 likes this.
  19. DarthHass

DarthHass Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 20, 2004
    What if Queen Amidala never changed costumes? Would anakin have met her or would he have been confused and been able to count when he sees her later?

20. Darth Invictus

Darth Invictus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 8, 2016
    She's a queen and the naboo are a showy people who seem to love their colorful fashions. She's supposed to change dresses and her appearance.

What if Order 66 had been delayed or somewhat hampered in its immediate success and the "civil war without end" Palpatine discussed had come to fruition?

21. DARTHLINK

Feb 24, 2005
    I’m pretty sure he can still recognize her face, and he would’ve met her regardless of what she wore. :D

@Darth Invictus — I imagine the Rebellion would’ve started 20 years earlier and Palpatine would have a hell of a time trying to hold onto power.

22. The_Phantom_Calamari

The_Phantom_Calamari Force Ghost star 5

Nov 10, 2011
    You think he should have waited a whole decade to release the second movie in a planned trilogy? And spend that entire decade having people work on the movie? Yeah, that seems like a reasonable idea. It's strange Lucas didn't think of it.

I think the bombshell had already come when Order 66 came down. At that point Palpatine seizing control was a foregone conclusion. After Mas Amedda tells them a special session of the Senate is being called, Obi-Wan, Bail, and Yoda are already talking in those terms.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2019
    Prime Jedi likes this.
  23. Deliveranze

Deliveranze Force Ghost star 6

Nov 28, 2015
    Padme was the only one left in the dark about the Empire anyway. Anakin had his reaction when finding out Palpatine was a Sith, but the shock for Obi-Wan, Yoda, and Bail already happened during Order 66. There was a enough time, between their escape from the clones to Coruscant, for them to come to the conclusion that Palpatine was taking complete control of the government/military. So the Republic's name change wasn't really shocking at that point.

Jedi Knight Fett and DARTHLINK like this.
  24. Huttese 101

Huttese 101 Sam Witwer Enthusiast star 7

Jan 19, 2016
    Adult Jake Lloyd is 5'5" and David Prowse is 6'6"... so you would have to square that circle. Forced perspective? (Although, to be fair, Hayden Christensen was the one in the suit at the end of ROTS).

Prime Jedi likes this.
  25. Prime Jedi

Apr 14, 2018
    What if Grievous had stumbled upon a way to use midiclorian manipulation to give him a connection in the force equal to someone like Kit Fisto or Shaak Ti, which multiplied his already extremely impressive combat abilities, speed, strength, etc, in addition to force abilities and took half the CIS and seceeded, ready to declare war?

To give them a better chance, I would make Grievous before gaining the force equal to his micro series self, who was already extremely formidable, and then add gaining the force on top of that.