main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Buff, NY Random Thoughts

Discussion in 'Buffalo, NY' started by Solo42986, Dec 28, 2002.

1. Solo42986

Solo42986 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 4, 2002
    I thought that we might as well have a board where we could post random things that popped into our heads and thought that maybe someone else might care.

I was shopping at Target today and discovered that they had accidentaly put out the new line of Lego sets that aren't supposed to be released until next year (basically in the next 2 weeks :)). Someone who worked there said that the sets were going to be removed until the time when they were supposed to be there. Just thought I would put it out there if anyone was interested.

2. Zara_Rose

Zara_Rose Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    If you're going to go shopping all day (two days in a row), don't wear high-heeled boots! Your toes might be sore later.

3. jedijaime

jedijaime Jedi Master star 4

Nov 17, 2002
    If you're going to go shopping and decide to leave your coat in the car, make sure you get your keys out of your pocket before you lock the doors!!!!!

4. BobaChris12

BobaChris12 Former RSA star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 30, 2002
    Marty...I bought my first SW Lego the other day. I picked up Vader with the Emperor. If I start small, the rest will come easy!

Is it me or do we need to get a convention in the area that we could go to? There are always events in the south and west coast, but very little in our direction. That would be cool to have one in Buffalo that we could help out at.

5. Woofer

Woofer Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2001
    Conventions you say?

Here is just a sample of some of the SF conventions in the area.

Ad-Astra
    March 21-23, Toronto

EerieCon
    April 11-13, Niagara Falls, NY
    (The Fan GoHs are old friends of mine! Bonus!!)

Oh heck there are bunches, not the least of which include Toronto Trek (the largest fan-run media convention around), and the BIG one, The World Science Fiction Convention being held this year in Toronto!

Look at this list of conventions yourself.

6. AcrossTheStars86

AcrossTheStars86 Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 2, 2002
    I thought he was referring to Star Wars conventions. ??

7. Parallax18

Parallax18 Jedi Youngling

Sep 30, 2002
    So if there aren't that many Star Wars conventions in the Buffalo area, does anybody have any ideas on how to attract Lucasfilms attention and try to get one in the area?

...Wait. This topic is starting to take a definitive form...need a random thought...

um...does anyone know what those little knobby things on the side of a female Twi'Leks head are? Are they ears or something? I need to know for a fanfiction I'm writing about Aayla Secura.

-Knight

8. BobaChris12

Aug 30, 2002
    It goes to show that aliens are not immune to chicken pox!!

9. Parallax18

Sep 30, 2002
    Ugh. Horrible joke there Bobachris. Although I would have gone with saying zits instead of chicken pox.

Hmmm...maybe that's why Anakin winds up wearing the Darth Vader costume...he gets a case of chicken pox and doesn't want to give it to Leia and Luke, so he dons the life support suit...and just finds it too comfortable to take off.

...Or maybe the zipper gets stuck. :)

Is it just me, or is the thought of a fully armored Darth Vader bouncing Luke on his knee hilarious? :D

-Knight

10. Solo42986

Nov 4, 2002
    That's a good one.

11. TOBBI_DALA

TOBBI_DALA Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 1, 2002
    Parallax,
    If im not mistaken, the "bumps" on the female Twi'leks are outer protection for the ears. Hope that helps.

12. AcrossTheStars86

Nov 2, 2002
    It's just a jump to the left

13. BobaChris12

Aug 30, 2002
    ..and a step to the side!

14. Woofer

Aug 27, 2001
    "Put you hands on your hips!"

15. Solo42986

Nov 4, 2002
    and put your knees in tight!

16. TOBBI_DALA

TOBBI_DALA Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 1, 2002
    Now, do the pelvic thrust

17. Parallax18

Sep 30, 2002
    ...By the Force. What have I unleashed?

Well, so long as it's not Jar Jar Binks doing the Monster Mash... :)

And thanks Tobi_Daala (Sorry if I spelled that wrong)I figured it was protection of some sort for the ears. I wonder why only the females seem to have it though?

...Combined with that last pelvic thrust post, this could be leading into territory not proper for our younger participants... :eek:

-Knight

18. AcrossTheStars86

Nov 2, 2002
    Funny it was a "younger participant" that started it...

"But it's the pelvic thrust, that really drives you insaaaannnee LET'S DO THE TIME WARP AGAIN!!"

Okay I'm done, I promise!! That was my random thought for the day. lol.

19. AcrossTheStars86

Nov 2, 2002
    ::listens to "STAR WARS Christmas Songs":: good stuff, you can find the coolest things on Kazaa.

20. Zara_Rose

Zara_Rose Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    People wonder why I like Oscar the Grouch...then they find out I work in a grocery store.

21. BobaChris12

Aug 30, 2002
    I feel your pain Zara!! Ten years ina grocery store and I could be here all day telling my stories. My favorites were the people who asked if you work there. Can't they see you are in the store uniform and normal customers don't walk around with a name tag while rearranging the shelves. How about the people that claim they bought something last week when you know for a fact the store hasn't carried the item in a year since the company discontinued it. The best liner from the customers is when they threaten that they will go to the competitor, but you see them every single day after that because they have nothing better to do but be a pest . Or the peole who decide to do their shopping on a holiday and then tell you it's a shame you have to work on a holiday!!!

I have to stop or we won't have any space left for others to post!!

22. starwarsarmboy

starwarsarmboy Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 9, 2002
    Why can you tickle someone, but you can't tickle youself?
    Jay's Random Thought
    Scout Out...

23. Woofer

Aug 27, 2001
    I'll be totally geeky and answer that.

There is a feedback loop built into the nervous system basically that lets the brain know its you that is touching yourself.

Its there so that everytime you do touch anything you don't get surprised!

Since your brain knows its you that doing the tickling the reaction is muted.

24. BobaChris12

Aug 30, 2002
    Do you think Wonder Woman ever forgot where she parked her airplane? [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

25. LadySith22

LadySith22 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 24, 2002
    I've always wondered why yawns are contagious????